Critical chance

Yes it is written, that the% is added between them before calculating?

Nowhere, it’s just write that 5 + 2 + 3 = 10 which makes sense. But not that the% adds up before calculating

Also, I don’t see any% sign in this document, again it’s a long way from a clear explanation, as Heavy does at the beginning of the post.

Just putting his, would be clearer. Thank you heavy again for the explanation.
Its anyone can understand explain it like this. whatever his language or his method of calculation.

you could even calculate all increases individually, but they always use your base crit chance.

:warning: Your base crit chance does not change :warning:

Maybe this will be easier for you:

You have 5% Base Crit Chance.
20% crit chance on glvoes
20% crit chance on amulett
20% crit chance on your weapon

If you want to calcualted them seperately, you can do that and at the end add them together:

5 * 0,2 = 1 (1% additional crit chance)
5 * 0,2 = 1
5 * 0,2 = 1

If you then add all of those calculations together you end up with 3% additional crit chance.
So 8% crit chance will be the end result. (5% base crit chance + the 3 additional crit chance)

It is vital to understand, your base crit chance does not change.

All increases will always use your base crit chance as variable for their calculation

I can’t say I see the discrepancy between Added and Increased with in-game skill/passive nodes and gear.

https://imgur.com/rLC7Nfb

All Added sources appear to have “+X%” in their descriptions while all Increased sources either have “X% increased” or “increased X%” in their descriptions.

Then you get this important information from the Critical Strikes section of the game guide:

Which is then followed by the Increased, Added, and More section that states:

1 Like

True, it is all there, I think where people run into trouble is realizing this concept applies across the board.

I don’t think there’s a way to solve this for everyone, it just seems to be a concept that some people will only learn by asking questions over and over until it clicks.

If I use my experience with PoE as an example, you can explain it 17 different ways and 1/4 of the player pool will find an 18th way to ask why it doesn’t work the way they think it should.

EDIT: Now that I’m thinking about it, I remember it took me forever to figure out how to stack crit effectively in Everquest. I don’t remember if they used the same terms or exactly the same mechanics, but I remember my older brother trying to explain it to me and both of us just getting frustrated lol.

1 Like

Heavy just put my finger on the problem. The critical base should be increased and recalculated with each new addition, because again the 20% 10 or 20% of 30 is not the same.

And I find its disgusting and archy restricting that the addition to the base, can only be placed on the weapons, which limits enormously and for me makes lose a lot of choices.

Because as said with a base of 5% You can put T5 crit on all the possible room at best you gain 10%.

Because 20000% of 0 is 0. Clearly, the addition of% is strong only if the base is raised.

And since in certain cases it is impossible to increase this base certain person or set this make ass fuck.

I think the important thing to consider is that crit should not work with every build. Damage Over Time builds, for example, can’t even crit with the majority of their damage. Hit-based builds do generally benefit quite a lot from crit, but that’s by no means the only way to build them effectively.

It’s also good to remember that every ability and attack (unless stated otherwise) has 5% base crit, so you’re almost always gaining some damage with any %increased crit (except for DoTs of course).

I don’t think you ‘should’ use the word ‘should’ about how these mechanics work. :slightly_smiling_face:

As much as I understand your reasoning, these are well-established standards within the genre, and again, it would be much too easy to stack crit if %increased worked as a multiplicative stat. I guess you could nerf increased %s across the board to compensate, but the added layer of complexity of having added, increased, and more as separate stats creates a much more diverse set of viable builds, even if your (understandable) original intuitions may imply the opposite.

Quoting as an edit because I don’t want to keep bumping this topic. This is an intended weakness of that unique 2-handed which seems quite well balanced to me based on the other ways that it stacks damage. Crit does not inherently trump other sources of damage in all cases. If you do not like using a weapon that can’t effectively stack crit, you can choose a different weapon. There’s very few builds (if any) that can only use one viable weapon.

I think you might have a more reasonable argument if you focus on +crit % being available on more types of gear than weapons and catalysts, rather than changing how the math of crit works.

I’m honestly not sure if more sources of crit would be an improvement, but I think that’s a viable debate, instead of arguing to change core mechanics of the game that aren’t broken in any way, other than potentially being confusing to players that haven’t encountered them in other games.

In my opinion, this proves that the system is not balanced. For me balanced also means equal for everyone. Or at least accessible to all, with more or less ease, but accessible to all constructions of people. Otherwise this is not the case, and there are abysmal gaps between the constructions.

Between a guy who uses a unique 2-handed weapon with no base bonus, and the double dagger guy with implied base bonus x2 … It’s not an easy gap. One is 100% doing nothing, another will simply never be able to … I don’t call his personal balance.

Once again I took the two extremes, but just so that it speaks volumes. Basically the sentinel is in the bone because of the fact that there is no choice but to have a sword in second hands and that no sword gives implicit%. The rogue can weaponize him with whatever he wants, even an ax … It’s not very RP his. But the sound seems less disturbing in terms of balance. Sorry I am highlighting a fact, it is not balanced at all.
It could open the access to all the weapons with their advantages and disadvantages to all the classes (via the passive) like its everyone on the same footing. Or make sure that in at least each category of weapon (swords, ax, dagger …) there is everything, powerful sword without implicit, and another with less basic damage but implicit ext … The we would have a balanced before I’m sorry, we can not say that it is balanced.

Pain. In. The. A :slight_smile:

That’s how we calculate the crit in every aRPG games since … Ever.

Its I do not necessarily agree, I think that everyone should have access with slightly different ease. I said light. It seems logical to me that the thief with the dagger has more chance of criticism, than a big nag with the mass.

But the reality is the gap is crazy, and in addition there is no power gap I’m told about the power difference between the dagger with implied and a 2-handed mass. But there are none, the guy with the double weapon, already has a basic attack speed higher (which is obviously logical) but his already compensates for a good part of the damage but not only he already has 2 implicit of base, it doesn’t need an add-on, so it can add gross damage to both of these weapons.

So the guy has the same base damage plus base critical and double attack speed.

And people say it’s balanced …

And once again, I say his and I still pass for an unhappy villain who spits on the game. But just what I say seems logical to me, that we do not speak of balance between the double dagger thief and a guy has two hands …

The gap is just outrageous and obvious to anyone who wants to look at the facts.
With dual weapons, you have more attack speed. No more damage (since you can add flat on both without losing critical) and easily has 100% critical.

And so her necessarily joins the subject, that the chance of criticism is not balanced, since the weapons are not between her. And that this is the only place where you can really change your critical base.

So the non-balance of arms, also creates the fact that the critics are not currently balanced. After that could be if he rebalances the weapons, but that does not seem of topicality either … So wait sorry but the critic is not balanced.

I don’t see you as a villain in any way, or I wouldn’t bother trying to talk to you about this. I don’t interpret your complaints as spitting on the game, quite the opposite. If you didn’t like the game, why would you bother to complain?

I think at this point I will just have to agree to disagree. No disrespect intended, I just feel quite differently than you about this topic.

That’s called balancing.

Also the weapon is not the only place to get base crit chance.
But we already had this…

I really would like to help more, but i already wanted to drop out of this discussion a few posts ago and will finally do now :smiley: have a nice weekend.

1 Like

Frankly you are both super cool because you always answer or at least try, but you are also big fan boy, you can never criticize the game without sounding like an outcast. I put forward facts which are obvious of the imbalance but no, nobody will admit it we kick in touch as they said, but admit that the game is not all white and that there are clearly concerns, its never.

So good, thank you for answering my questions, but here I say what I think, and you start to know it, we always see the same head on the forum. So here you are, it’s still cool, but it would be cool if you were able to recognize that the game has some flaws to fix, and that there is still a lot of work, and what can be said without being an asshole .

I don’t think that all the time defending and finding excuses for the developer against all odds is the solution. As the insults will not advance the debate either. But saying it is not bad.

I find it super frustrating, a debate is not possible, since no one will ever admit wrongs (except me, I do it regularly) but clearly I do not think I am wrong.

I clearly demonstrate the imbalance between a completely abusing double dagger rogue who can have butter and butter money. I have an answer on the form but not do it. It’s just frustrating we will not advance the game like its … Everyone stands on these possibilities refuses dialogue, or that you have a deaf debate as on the subject of having an alternative leveling choice. No matter what you argued, no one listens to you, they have decided that you are wrong, no matter what you say …

So people should accept your arguments but you don’t have to accept theirs? Well…
It’s obvious that the game has flaws. Many of them are discuted here day after day. And to be honest, I’ve often seen Heavy pointing the flaws, talking about them, etc. One can be a “fanboy” (unsure it’s the right term here) and also be totally lucid about the game.

You’re saying that others don’t change their mind even when you argue, but you’re doing the same. :wink: :thinking:

I would say if the arguments are valid yes. As I must accept valid argument too. But I think that for a debate to be possible, the different parties must be ready to defend their idea but also to recognize if they are wrong.

What I often criticize on this forum is that this is not often or not at all the case. Very, very few people can accept being wrong. this is what I call a “fanboy” sorry for the term but it’s like they say at home. Its I am ready to come back to it if anyone finds a more suitable term.

Quite honestly, I’m not someone like her, for proof how many times heavy my proving that I was wrong, I always admit. I am not closed to the idea of ​​making a mistake, the concern is that no one ever goes in my direction that I do not brush the game in the direction of the hair. As I said to another of this patient, I have 20 likes which is pleasant. But for a moment I also recognize the twists of the game and am not afraid to say so. That’s what a beta is for me, but shame on you, you’re going to get turned on, even if you argue whatever. You have to like the game that’s all, and all the faults will be corrected in the next patch so no reason to talk about it … It is more taboo and dangerous here to talk about a fault in the game, than cry out for political scandal on the Elysee Palace …

No shot at TC, but this is how aRPG’s work. It took me a while with PoE to get it. I remember equipping an item with 100% increased crit chance and not getting why I wasnt perma critting LOL It may not seem intuitive, but it works. And more importantly, its balanced.

You are stuck on the idea that base crit never increases and you need a quadrillion % increase to make a build work. I have not explored the game enough to say if this is true for some builds, but its not for the builds ive played. Between your weapon your weapon, the skill tree, or the passive tree, there are ways to directly increase base crit, which in return dramatically reduces the amount of “increased” needed to get to an appropriate level of crit to make your build work.

A skill that hits fast needs a lot less crit chance to feel good than a slow hard hitter. 2 handers arent in a good place in general. Keep playing around. Some skills just dont feel great going crit.

Well thank you, we agree. Clearly not all guns are that strong. A large part of the problem is the imbalance of arms. Like I said above, a double dagger character has everything more than a guy with a two handed sword as an example. He has basic cc, so no need to add more, so 2 affixes where he can compensate is lack of gross damage. So in the end it is the same damage, more attack speed and more critical, for 0 sacrifice.

And by concéquent its imbalance all that touches the weapon. So criticize them.

After his I do not assert because I am not sure at all, but I have never seen in a flat critic’s talent tree. Of the% yes, of the flat no. So to my knowledge there are only 2 things for the flat critic, an affix on the weapon, or in the tree of a spell like the heavy says, that’s all.

Knowing that the criticism of spells depends on those there is nothing we can do about it, on the other hand that of the weapons are affected by the concern mentioned above.

You very well may be right and I may have misspoken about flat crit chance on the passive tree, I will need one of the regulars to chime in. Do remember this game is changing dramatically from patch to patch, I would hope 2 handers get some crit love as it fits the archetype imo.

I totally understand where you are coming from though tc.

edit

thats the one thing that always bothered me about PoE, how much less investment it took to go crit with spells than it did melee. At least we dont have accuracy in LE. Dumbest stat ever.

Like I said, I’m not sure, but I’ve never seen her playing all the characters. (now I can be passing by)

After of course that the game changes with each patch, of course, after that does not prevent to see what is going or not going.