Critical chance

I would not take what any1 says for granted and rather play and experience it for yourself.

Even if Forged Strike is objectively weaker than Rive (which is probably true) it still plays very differently and you should at least play it yourself, before ditching the idea of playing such a build.

There were sooooo many fun to play builds i played in LE, that objectively were not super good.

Yes, we talked about that earlier as well. Clearly I don’t expect to only play builds like this one which is completely broken.

But hey, I’m not having fun either if I invest 100 hours of games so that my character struggles to make a level 70 boss … That won’t be very funny anymore. Well, objectively I think that will not be the case for all that. But I just think my idea why not, but I have to play like you, abandoned the idea of ​​playing forge strike in BK because it will take way too much resource. While playing the other attack will require much less investment.

So you’re ok with how the game calculates crit chance now? And yes, some classes, builds and skills will have an easier time getting high crit chance than others, but you can say the same about attack speed as well. Personally I wouldn’t want every skill to be built the same way.

I don’t understand. There are guys who are currently updating the wiki and doing exactly this. Is it not enough?
You should talk with them, because all the information you’re gathering is very useful and could be added to the wiki.

I admit that afterwards I do not know every detail of what is happening behind the scenes. I have vaguely heard of her, but I don’t even know if it’s still relevant or not, if it’s progressing, or even what their plans are.

So no clearly I do not agree on their method of calculation which is in my opinion not logical.

After concerning the “still” you have not finished hearing me say what I think of the game, whether it is bad or good. Because there is a great number of things to say that it is in one or the other. But clearly I’m not the type to spit on it, when they do things well I say it, but like when they do shit, I am too.

This method of calculation makes no sense, and is not logical.
Once again “the good side” those who never say anything bad about the game will always say that I am wrong, but I am not one of those people. That no one comes to tell me the way to calculate in logic, or their way of handling resistances in the game is normal.

No, balanced or not, it is not the question, it just does not make sense and makes it upset. I am a perfectionist, I like things well done and in a good way.

I personally find that the resistances are rather balanced. But it’s not a question of balance but of what you sell or promise. Considering how it is done, they are not resistance. So be you change the name, be the method, but in short you don’t leave it like that.

I sell you a pain au chocolat (everyone knows what it is) you arrive at the time to take it, you find yourself facing a pizza, it’s the best in the world, it only prevents is not what you asked for, nor what we sold you.

Resistances are used to resist, not to compensate. Once again my way of calculating the% is just academic, that’s what everyone at school is taught (well normally) again it’s not necessarily a question of balancing, but of logic.

You cannot change the names of things as you want, or use those names while changing their meaning. Leave that the normal person who knows what a resistance knows, do not say shit there is eel under the rock.
They trust the name (knowing that they know what it is) since nothing is explained anywhere.
It’s just not a normal way of doing things, balanced or not.

It is not always a question of good or bad, but of truth and logic.

Why do I hate politics and politicians? Do they do shit every time? No not necessarily.

Just their job is to lie all day long so that the people stay in denial and shut up and not think. Before their results the method is questionable, just for her, for me it’s all rubbish.

It is above all his that I criticize before balancing, whether balanced or not I don’t care. They talk to me about resistance, I want resistance, or talk to me about% more. I want my% extra, and not some weird calculating method that doesn’t suit them to be balanced. Once again the method is not the right one.

We do not change the meanings of things for balancing. You have two choices, you invent your method, but you use another stupid name, and especially the given in game or at least on the forum the explanation of calculates, as its not confused you know what you buy.

Either you keep the name, and you apply the normal method and in this case you adjust your numbers, your values ​​to make it so that it is balanced.

But in any case you do like the, I call it in a known way, but I change everything, and besides I say nothing.

Do these two sections of the CGG not have enough information for one to understand how critical strike chance is calculated? Because if not, I can update the area(s) causing you issue.

1 Like

This is a very common way to calculate crit in RPGs. It’s not exactly intuitive but it’s easy to understand once you get it. I’m not aware of any game that does it better

So for me, it is not clear, it is specified that the added values ​​are added, so far no problem. You have 5% base, you add 4% + 1% That makes 10%. Its ok.

But it is not explained anywhere that the (+ X% critical strike chance)
Add to each other before applying.

Their method took from what I understood it to be.

You have 20% on the gloves. 20% on the amulet and another 20% on the relic. Its 60% which is then added to your critical base.

This is not explained by anyone.

Except in a normal method of calculation, the% is added independently, and therefore are necessarily expodential. 20% of a lot is a lot 50% of 0 is bad.

The normal method would be as follows, let’s take a base of 10% adding these 3 times 20%

This gives:
10x20 / 100 = 2
10 + 2 = 12

Then 12x20 / 100 = 2.4
12 + 2.4 = 14.4

14.4x20 / 100 = 2.88

14.4 + 2.88 = 17.28

17.28 rounding gives 17%

This is a normal calculation method.

You’re defining the words the game uses in your own way and then saying that it doesn’t make sense, which is true - if you define the words the game uses in a way that is different than how the game uses them.

After the minimum on their part would be to clarify.

Because I’m sorry, you get an item with + 20% critical chance. You innocent ignoring their way of calculating. You do C you look at your current% which is admittedly 30%

You expect 30x20 / 100 = 6

So you expect after equipment to go to 36%
Except that neither nor.

I understand your confusion, but %increased crit works exactly the same way as %increased damage…

They both multiply your base amount, not your current amount

I agree with you but I’d say the information could be easier to find for a beginner.
Many people never found the ingame guide, even if it’s accessible and visible from the menu when you press Esc. Many never found that they could press G to activate this guide.
The information exists, but many people learned it by asking on the forum or on Discord. And I think you should never have to get to an online community resource to get essentiel information about a game.
Discord and the forum are very good tools to find help, but the very basics of the game should be in game, and easily accessible for the player. At the very beginning of the campaign we have information about how to activate skills and potions, at that same moment we could have information about how to activate the guide.

Like I said, we agree.
After if this method is balanced and they don’t agree with them, just let him explain it, and nobody be surprised. Because, as anyone says, looks at its current% and adds the extra%. And so logically does not understand the result. And so many also ignore the power of + X% on weapons, which are% gross in addition.

Completely agree, after a community resource is always better than nothing. Afterwards, it also lacks clarity on this fact.

100% agree it should be easier to access in-game, although there is more than one tutorial at some point in the campaign that mentions the guide.

Part of the issue is that these mechanics are somewhat inherently difficult to understand, but that is hardly unique to LE. As evidenced in this thread, you can explain what is happening clearly, and still not have it be understood.

In common parlance, more and increased are often used interchangeably, which makes it harder to understand how they have very specific meanings when it comes to RPG math.

2 Likes

We agree, at least things are clear, again I’m not trying to spit on the game unnecessarily. I just like the theory craft. Therefore, I like things to be clear and to rely on formulas known not to do anything. And I was surprised not to understand and not to find information on this subject.

As the community document says is a good thing, it shouldn’t be the only way to understand it, but it is already good. On the other hand, take the time to fully explain this system of calculation that everyone can understand.

They have been explained by everyone, you’re just confusing “more” with “increased”. “more” modifiers work they way you describe, “increased” modifiers are all summed up then applied. This is a standard for the aRPG genre.

Yes as you said, an ARPG standard. Who are therefore allowed to change a standard academic method. What is not normal, and for those not initiating the genre, should be explained.

If you are 15 years old ARPG and it is logical and normal, understand that this is not the case for everyone, when the whole world calculates differently and both have the same name.

@Arussa @Hungry4Blood
https://imgur.com/zP19zSt

Edit: It is all explained in the in-game guide. With examples.