Critical chance

That’s called balancing.

Also the weapon is not the only place to get base crit chance.
But we already had this…

I really would like to help more, but i already wanted to drop out of this discussion a few posts ago and will finally do now :smiley: have a nice weekend.

1 Like

Frankly you are both super cool because you always answer or at least try, but you are also big fan boy, you can never criticize the game without sounding like an outcast. I put forward facts which are obvious of the imbalance but no, nobody will admit it we kick in touch as they said, but admit that the game is not all white and that there are clearly concerns, its never.

So good, thank you for answering my questions, but here I say what I think, and you start to know it, we always see the same head on the forum. So here you are, it’s still cool, but it would be cool if you were able to recognize that the game has some flaws to fix, and that there is still a lot of work, and what can be said without being an asshole .

I don’t think that all the time defending and finding excuses for the developer against all odds is the solution. As the insults will not advance the debate either. But saying it is not bad.

I find it super frustrating, a debate is not possible, since no one will ever admit wrongs (except me, I do it regularly) but clearly I do not think I am wrong.

I clearly demonstrate the imbalance between a completely abusing double dagger rogue who can have butter and butter money. I have an answer on the form but not do it. It’s just frustrating we will not advance the game like its … Everyone stands on these possibilities refuses dialogue, or that you have a deaf debate as on the subject of having an alternative leveling choice. No matter what you argued, no one listens to you, they have decided that you are wrong, no matter what you say …

So people should accept your arguments but you don’t have to accept theirs? Well…
It’s obvious that the game has flaws. Many of them are discuted here day after day. And to be honest, I’ve often seen Heavy pointing the flaws, talking about them, etc. One can be a “fanboy” (unsure it’s the right term here) and also be totally lucid about the game.

You’re saying that others don’t change their mind even when you argue, but you’re doing the same. :wink: :thinking:

I would say if the arguments are valid yes. As I must accept valid argument too. But I think that for a debate to be possible, the different parties must be ready to defend their idea but also to recognize if they are wrong.

What I often criticize on this forum is that this is not often or not at all the case. Very, very few people can accept being wrong. this is what I call a “fanboy” sorry for the term but it’s like they say at home. Its I am ready to come back to it if anyone finds a more suitable term.

Quite honestly, I’m not someone like her, for proof how many times heavy my proving that I was wrong, I always admit. I am not closed to the idea of ​​making a mistake, the concern is that no one ever goes in my direction that I do not brush the game in the direction of the hair. As I said to another of this patient, I have 20 likes which is pleasant. But for a moment I also recognize the twists of the game and am not afraid to say so. That’s what a beta is for me, but shame on you, you’re going to get turned on, even if you argue whatever. You have to like the game that’s all, and all the faults will be corrected in the next patch so no reason to talk about it … It is more taboo and dangerous here to talk about a fault in the game, than cry out for political scandal on the Elysee Palace …

No shot at TC, but this is how aRPG’s work. It took me a while with PoE to get it. I remember equipping an item with 100% increased crit chance and not getting why I wasnt perma critting LOL It may not seem intuitive, but it works. And more importantly, its balanced.

You are stuck on the idea that base crit never increases and you need a quadrillion % increase to make a build work. I have not explored the game enough to say if this is true for some builds, but its not for the builds ive played. Between your weapon your weapon, the skill tree, or the passive tree, there are ways to directly increase base crit, which in return dramatically reduces the amount of “increased” needed to get to an appropriate level of crit to make your build work.

A skill that hits fast needs a lot less crit chance to feel good than a slow hard hitter. 2 handers arent in a good place in general. Keep playing around. Some skills just dont feel great going crit.

Well thank you, we agree. Clearly not all guns are that strong. A large part of the problem is the imbalance of arms. Like I said above, a double dagger character has everything more than a guy with a two handed sword as an example. He has basic cc, so no need to add more, so 2 affixes where he can compensate is lack of gross damage. So in the end it is the same damage, more attack speed and more critical, for 0 sacrifice.

And by concéquent its imbalance all that touches the weapon. So criticize them.

After his I do not assert because I am not sure at all, but I have never seen in a flat critic’s talent tree. Of the% yes, of the flat no. So to my knowledge there are only 2 things for the flat critic, an affix on the weapon, or in the tree of a spell like the heavy says, that’s all.

Knowing that the criticism of spells depends on those there is nothing we can do about it, on the other hand that of the weapons are affected by the concern mentioned above.

You very well may be right and I may have misspoken about flat crit chance on the passive tree, I will need one of the regulars to chime in. Do remember this game is changing dramatically from patch to patch, I would hope 2 handers get some crit love as it fits the archetype imo.

I totally understand where you are coming from though tc.

edit

thats the one thing that always bothered me about PoE, how much less investment it took to go crit with spells than it did melee. At least we dont have accuracy in LE. Dumbest stat ever.

Like I said, I’m not sure, but I’ve never seen her playing all the characters. (now I can be passing by)

After of course that the game changes with each patch, of course, after that does not prevent to see what is going or not going.

That’s the rub though, they aren’t. You’re presenting your desire for how you want % increased crit chance to work as an unsubstantiated “this is how it works everywhere else” when it doesn’t.

I agree that the example for flat/increased/more in the game guide that I pasted above should be reworked to make it clearer with actual examples rather than just random numbers.

So no not exactly, I am not asking for this to be changed, just to explain it well.

After that I found its simply very unfair, because all the weapons are not housed in the same boat.

I take an example that I gave on another message.
The balance of arms is to be reviewed. I think implicit guns and criticism flat is way too strong,% ok, but not flat. If you want flat you have to make a choice and therefore sacrifice something for flat crit.

Except the daggers or some ax one has no choice to make most of the time.
They have basic crit, so they can take AS, flat damage, shred armor, apply frailty and you have the perfect weapon for a double melee dagger. You have no choice to make.

The other weapons are not available so they have to choose between AS, crit, flat damage. (I’m talking about a very simple build, basic critical physics.)

And we’re not talking about two-handed weapons, it’s even worse. Already that there is an imbalance between the weapons with 1 hands, one will not even compare the 1 hands with the 2 hands it is even worse.

So obviously this imbalance affects a lot the builds, and the possibility of playing critical or not. This is what I’m trying to demonstrate, not necessarily to change the system, I didn’t understand that that’s all, now we say ok he’s like her, well the problem comes from the weapons in this case. Because having raw base CC in implicit is just delirium, and in addition in general we speak of weapon with strong AS so really 100% free, no choice to be made.

And what I reproach which is more or less related is that the rogue can play all weapons in second hands even axes (very role play) while the other class cannot. therefore necessarily the rogue can choose everything that exists and therefore have an absolutely perfect weapon in any case which will give him everything without choosing. The other class do not, which is deeply unfair. Whatever happens, we will have to make choices and not have everything.

Afterwards, it’s not the rogue that I find too strong, it’s the others who don’t have enough choice.

have you ever tried to make block work on a rogue?

you can wear a shield, you can put some block chance on your rings, but that’s about it. rogue simply doesn’t have access to block the way a class like sentinel does. this is not “unfair” to rogue, it is a part of the class identity.

rogue is focused around critical strikes, dodge, dual wielding and attack speed. that’s why she has more access to crit chance, can wield nearly every weapon type in her off hand, and has an easier time reaching and maintaining dodge cap than other classes.

critical strikes are also available to every other class, but require a bit more investment since that is not their specialty. it is not hard to get flat added crit chance in LE for any class. as already discussed, it’s available as an implicit, as a crafted modifier, and within skill trees. compare this to poe, where one of the most desirable affixes for endgame chest pieces adds a maximum of +1.5% flat crit chance (up to 2% now, using a new extremely rare currency that was introduced in 3.13)

that is one of the ONLY sources of flat crit chance in that game, another being the increased critical strikes support gem, which practically no one uses for their main skill because it is typically a dps loss compared to other supports. another thing to note is that in poe, most crit builds never reach 100% crit chance, but rather aim for 50-60% crit chance and rely on a diamond flask to make crit strikes “lucky” (rolls twice and keeps the higher value).

in LE it is fully possible to reach 100% crit chance on most characters. there is even a variation of the sorcerer’s disintegrate skill that i’ve seen with over 600% crit chance (not increased!) because it uses an item that cases crit chance to act as a “more” multiplier for disintegrate’s damage.

this is not a case of you having a different opinion and everyone refusing to consider it. this is a case of you fundamentally misunderstanding something in the game. there’s nothing wrong with that, but instead of listening to others with more knowledge and experience than yourself, you stubbornly insist that no one will listen to you while simultaneously not listening to anyone else.

The Rogue can only use swords & daggers in her offhand. And you can get up to 42% block chance with 2.1k effectiveness on a shield, gloves & 2 ring suffixes.

ah, right, i was thinking of main hand that can wield anything.

as to your other point, i think it just bolsters the one i was trying to make. that is a pretty good amount of block, but it doesn’t compare to getting 100% block on sentinel.

need. more. popcorn

1 Like

Honestly, most of the confusion (I had it too, hence why I stopped trying to gear crit at all) has to do with the wording and how the dev decided to describe it in game. It would be easier to just have BASE crit chance should be a number, not a percentage on your character sheet, and just say: crit is a number between 0-100, which equates to having 0-100% crit chance. That way, they could change the wording of the items to something like Crit +3, and also have critical chance increase +30%. Would be easier to understand and do the math that way.

I’m not sure what that would change at all?

Why would that be easier?

Crit as a number is not specific or what to expect, Crit as a percentage is specific and you know what to expect, 5% crit tells you that one in every 20 hits will crit.

It’s easier because you separate the units to not confuse them.

You have x% and add x%. People usually add these things up. I, too, find it not very clear and made a similar suggestion a long time ago:

My Wishlist](Tweaks and QoL - My Wishlist):

Oh I see. You’re saying that 5% and +5% (increased) looker similar and you would think you’d have 10% crit. That makes sense I suppose. I’m just not sure I like the idea of removing the percentage from the base crit, because then I’m asking myself “what’s the formula” for a critical strike then, what does 5 crit mean?

I guess I might be used to the formulas now – but it might be helpful to have all formulas somewhere in the game guide/exposed somehow.

Yeah. Just the term “base crit” should be always in the tooltip. This may already be enough.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.