Crashing while booting the game, or loading into a zone

Hello!

Picked up the game earlier today, wanting to check out all the good things I’ve heard about it. But the game either crashes during the initial loading screen, or on the off chance of getting past, it crashes when loading into the game. I got past both crashes and could play the game once, but it crashed immediately upon loading into the next zone.

I have tried both rolling back and updating my drivers, restarting the PC, reinstalling the game, verifying the files via the steam client, running the game as admin, and pushing the settings as low as they would go. Sadly, nothing seems to have improved the situation.

The player logs seem quite similar to my untrained eye, regardless of where the crash occurred. Below I’ve attached two zipped folders from the crash dump folder, and a dxdiag, which can hopefully help some.

loadZoneCrash.zip (51.0 KB) bootCrash.zip (50.5 KB) DxDiag.txt (83.2 KB)

A small consolation price was the I got to see the Windows Vista error snakes again as the game took lot of other processes with it, forcing me to reboot.

I am experiencing the same exact issue.

So, after going through my system and various settings a bit, I’ve managed to substantially increase the stability. I substantially increased the virtual memory to from the “recommended” amount to 3 times it on minimum, and 6 times it on the upper limit (8000mb-16000mb is my current range). I am still crashing occasionally, but it is a lot less frequent (about once every 2 hours or so). The game still freezes for about 15 seconds every boot, but if I leave it and don’t touch anything it has sorted itself out so far. Hopefully this can resolve your crashing Mavyn, and maybe someone else who stumbles into this thread. If it does not, I wish you and anyone else with these issues the best of luck on the search for a crash free experience.

Bro! That worked. I checked my virtual memory and it was at 0. Is that a bad thing? :thinking: It hasn’t affected any other games that I know of. I was previously at 100% crash on load with LE. After adjusting my virtual memory in the advanced system settings in Windows, I was able to launch and play Last Epoch. Thanks so much for this tip.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.