Crashing when entering echos

Having trouble with the game soft crashing when trying to enter echos, after clicking the button to start an echo the screen freezes then goes white and asks to close program or wait for response.

The first time this happened I was streaming, I assumed maybe OBS was causing the issue but after closing everything and trying with the game being the only application opened it was still happening.

I next tried to create a new character in order to soft reset my main in the game world, not sure why but this made sense to me, regardless it worked. I created the new character, logged in with it, then logged out and deleted the new character. After that I logged into my main and was able to enter an echo, however after that echo the crashes started again.

I haven’t had any issues for 3 weeks now playing or streaming the game until tonight, haven’t changed any settings in either Last Epoch or OBS. With everything running I’m barely using any of my PC’s resources so I can assume I’m not overloading my PC or anything. I play LE at low/medium settings locked at 60fps and 1080p so I think that rules out any possible chance of settings being the issue.

I’m currently reinstalling the game to see if that helps clear it up.

Hey there…

Usually crashing on loading into new maps/echos is related to corrupted game files, GPU driver issues, OS patches, third party apps conflicting with the game engine and in-game settings too high for the system…

If you can post your player.log (and any error.log if it exists), le_graphicsmanager.ini and dxdiag output then I can try and see if there is something specific to concentrate on…

A few standard things to do:

1. Verify the game files (or reinstall as you are doing) - seems like its very possible that unity game files can get corrupted during the course of crashes/issues with the game.

2. Update your GPU drivers (sometimes a safe mode reinstall is useful to make sure that driver files are correctly updated/fixed if they have become corrupted/messed by some other installation etc…

3. Make sure Windows didnt do an update that has failed/pending - there are more than a few thread posts about the game stopping working after a windows update… If you can, you may want to check if you can restore to an earlier state and see if it works again.

4. Any third party apps that have changed recently or newly installed? Drivers? Keyboard/mouse software… anything? Might be worth checking to see if something autoupdated and is now messing with something. A way to test if any of them are the cause is to temporarily dont run and dont autostart any other app other than LE (and steam if you are using it obviously)…

5. Your description of your settings seem unlikely to cause the known performance instability in the game - you can confirm that by just setting everything to very low and disabled (EVERYTHING) and seeing if this makes any difference to stability.

6. You dont say if you are using Windows 10… If you are, you can View Reliability History and see if there are any serious issues happening on your machine that you can fix…

Thanks for the response, after my reinstall I did a few echos without any issues so I assume my game files somehow became corrupt. I’ll report back here should it start to act up again and post my log and ini.

I am on Win 10 and View Reliability History reported nothing specific other than that the game was crashing but nothing odd outside of that, I also closed all 3rd party apps like my iCUE software, etc. and the game was still crashing, so here’s hoping it was only corrupted game files.

Ok… Glad the reinstall worked… It does seem odd that game files get messed up but I am not a unity developer so I dont know how the game engine works and at what points something like this can (and obviously does) happen… At least its a fairly easy fix (if a little timeconsuming)… Perhaps its also just something related to debug features that are enabled in the beta…

Game crashing… just check what secondary info its providing… e.g. if its crashing on things like unityplayer.dll and gameengine.dll etc then its probably game files/unity… if its crashing on things like directx, ntdll, dlls related to your gpu, then its likely GPU drivers… etc…

Third party… well… someone else was having hassles with the old iCue software so always good to be sure…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.