Crashing on startup, literally unplayable

Since last night, inexplicably, the game has crashed to desktop seconds after launching it from Steam. Sometimes, if I’m lucky, I’ll make it to the title/login screen before it dies on me. But it wouldn’t be half as annoying if it didn’t take most of my computer with it. Crashes turn off my night light setting, as well as making my browser (Chrome), Steam, and most other applications freeze or crash outright. It even disables my headphones’ equalizer settings? I have to restart after every time I’ve tried to play, and after last time, I uninstalled. I’ve already:

1. Verified integrity of game files
  2. Uninstalled/reinstalled
  3. Deleted the le_graphicsmanager.ini file
  4. Made an exception for it in Malwarebytes
  5. Other things I’m probably forgetting

The first few crashes, I’d get an error about some “exception breakpoint” or whatever. Thought I’d screenshotted it, but guess not. EDIT: worth mentioning that no other game is having an issue like this.

Player.log (22.9 KB)
Player-prev.log (25.4 KB)
DxDiag.txt (99.4 KB)

Hello,

Same for me. I played yesterday night, 9 hours ago, without any problem.
Now the game crash on startup, can’t even go to login screen.

I’m playing with Steam on Ubuntu, where can I find some log files to provide ?

EDIT :
Player.log (22.9 KB)
Player-prev.log (22.9 KB)

EDIT 2: 2 other games are not anymore playable on Steam, the problem may come from here

EDIT 3: updated some libraries and after pc reboot, the game starts !

2 Likes

HI

There are some crash fles located here:

C:/Users/Power/AppData/Local/Temp/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Crashes

Uploading those will it easier for the developers to identify cause and fix the issue.

Your DxDiag indicates that you might have a more widespread issue with your computer (which is interacting with Last Epoch in some way and thus triggering the crash).

Specifically, you have a number of errors indicating that Windows Desktop Manager is crashing, as is the software used by your Razer mouse.

You might want to try running a system file check in case a recent WIndows update or other update has corrupted a system file.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-corrupted-windows-10-installation/

So I took your advice and ran SFC, turns out there were some corrupted files, and they were repaired. Thanks for letting me know that was a thing, LOL. However, I reinstalled Last Epoch to see if that fixed things, and it’s still crashing on me. Tried twice.

Anyway, it seems like I can’t upload DMP files?

Congrats on fixing your issue! Can I ask what you mean by updating libraries?

You can zip them up using right click, properties, sens to, compressed folder

The zip file should be premitted for upload

Thank you.
Crashes.zip (808.4 KB)

Hope this works.

I still can’t play. I have no idea what I can do, and it’s really discouraging. Very near to giving up until the full release.

One other thing you can try is making a backup and deleting the folder here:

C:/Users/Power/AppData/Local/Temp/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/

If theres some corrupted save file, this might resolve the issue and help you get going again

I agree it is very discouraging when these sorts of unexplainable issues occur. I hope a patch fixes it for you

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.