Crashing constantly

Game just freezes and then closes without any visible error message.
Windows eventviewer is not truly helpful, as it only says

Faulting application name: Last Epoch.exe, Version: 2019.4.8.30749, Time Stamp: 0x5f2ac944
Faulting module name: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Time Stamp: 0x00000000

happened twice today, so I will skip playing for now, as it resets my monolith progress more than I can progress.

I also found some windows error reporting entries tied to the crash in the eventviewer, these might be a bit more helpful?

attached them additionally to the two playerlogs. error1 is tied to the player-prev.log, error2 to the player.log.

error1.xml (1.7 KB)
Player-prev.log (36.0 KB)

error2.xml (1.7 KB)
Player.log (24.6 KB)

Started it again after work.
Within 5 minutes it crashed again, basically everything looks the same, except the faulty module now is not unknown, this time it is the unityplayer.dll in the exact same version as the lastepoch.exe

Hey…

Devs will probably need more files: https://support.lastepoch.com/category/35-useful-files

Have you made sure your drivers, system patches etc are all up-to-date?
Have you tried verifying the Steam files (if you are using Steam)?
If you change settings in the game to its lowests etc, does this make a difference?
Is your system overheating or reporting other kinds of potential problems?

le_graphicsmanager.ini (482 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (119.2 KB)

Yes

Yes, multiple times. every time with no issues found or nothing to repair or whatever that message is.

Hard to tell, but I know that I have crashed in the past with similar/same symptoms and having the graphic settings lower if not at the lowest, because I also have/had fps issues and I thought that solves it, but it also crashed at that time at least once, and it didn’t solve my occasional fps issues.

No, I mean my fan on my GPU goes haywire because gpu load is quite high, but no overheating or anything like that. LE is also not the only game where the fan goes bonkers, so it definitely is not a problem. after all, that’s what fans are for.

Ok…

LE has performance and optimisation issues so, while your system should handle higher settings, it is usually more stable when using lower options…

For example - you are running an ultrawide resolution (3440 x 1440) which besides being harder for your GPU to process, can make LE’s own issues much more pronounced - no fault of yours, its just that pushing LE right now usually picks up stability problems. Non-standard screen resolutions have also caused graphical problems before so its likely that you may be suffering a side effect of this. I recall a while back someone else also having hassles with ultrawide res - especially when trying higher graphics settings in-game, which when dropped back down, improved things noticeably.

Same thing has happend with people that overclock their systems - redline driving and an unoptimised LE dont seem to play nice together at the moment.

Imho, at that res, I would be running everything on its lowest possible setting just to make sure that my GPU is not maxed out at 100% usage (bad, even if your fan is managing to keep it cool) and still being able to maintain a decent framerate… And to be honest, the game doesnt look that bad with low settings especially if it is more stable/faster fps. You may also find that dropping a single settings (e.g. Antialiasing etc) could improve things dramatically.

EDIT: Dont forget that you can also make changes in the graphics driver settings - some people have found that these work better than the in-game settings for some things…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.