Crashes in many zones

I’m experiencing multiple crashes in multiple zones while leveling. I’ve managed to make it level 14 but need to replay some zones multiple times due to crashes.
This is a clean install.
Drivers are up to date.
Game fixed through Steam.
Restarted and closed all other open apps.
Minimum graphics settings and locked frames at 60FPS.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
DxDiag.txt (104.0 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (489 Bytes)
Player.log (71.4 KB)
Player-prev.log (150.6 KB)
Crashes.zip (518.2 KB)

Hey there, Welcome to the forums.

From what I can see is that the crashes are all related to the RGB Keyboard setting (Gameplay Settings menu at the bottom). It looks like you can play for a while and then the game crashes suddenly.

From the error.logs there seems to be a repeat of (sdk_legacy_led_x64) LogiSetConfigOptionLabel logs followed by Unity (game engine) reporting errors. I didnt look at every file you provided but it does look like there is some variation of this same error in all the logs.

Normally this error is very obvious in the player.log and is repeated constantly, but on your system its not logging the debug messages - its just crashing after a while.

Barring any other issue that I did not see, I would guess that its this that is causing the problem.

I would suggest that you disable the two RGB settings - please open and close the settings window a few times to verify that the setting is actually disabled.

If the game is stable after that then I would assume that this was the issue.

Edit: be sure to shutdown the game and restart after changing the settings just to be sure they applied.

Thanks for the help! This seems to have mostly resolved the issues. The game is completely playable at this point.
I’ve had only 2 crashes transitioning zones and 1 crash mid zone in 10 hours of playtime. Not sure what is typical of the current game state but I can live with it for now.,

Ok. If it has improved stability then thats a start.

However, if you are still crashing 3 times in 10h of play, thats most definitely not resolved. I have 2k hour of play and barring specific testing (where i try and make the game crash on purpose) I have had less than a dozen random crashes. I run at the exact settings you provided in your OP on much older hardware (1060, i5-7500, 16GB, NVME) and have zero problems.

Please can you post some newer player.logs from a session where you experienced these crashes.

One thing I have noticed is that you are using Win 10 build 19045 - 22H2. I have not done this update yet (I never do windows feature updates until the update is at least a few months old) and I am wondering if it has introduced some sort of change that could be involved here. It would not be the first time that a Windows Update has affected stability on specific setups/game engines.

Here are the crash logs from the latest 3.
Crashes V2.zip (174.3 KB)

Its moments like these that I wish I was a Unity developer - would make it easier to know better what could be happening.

Looking at these logs, the Logitech RGB issue is no longer involved (from what I can see) so thats a positive.

The oldest log, just seems to have crashed and I cannot really see what the issue could have been. It just crashes. The two newer ones have two different rendering issues that are probably the cause.

The one seems to be related to the UnityEngine.Rendering.Postprocessing where its getting some index out of range error that repeats a few hundred times and then the game crashes a few maps later. This is not a common error that I recall seeing.

The other is related to the AwesomTechnologies add-on for Unity that handles the rendering of map effects like grass. It is succeeded by errors related to Navmesh problems. Both of these usually happen on older / slower hardware with settings that are too high - and present on certain maps where there is a lot of grass/effects. The problem here is that with your settings (assuming you are still on the OP settings) and hardware you shouldnt be having these errors - at least not to the point of causing crashes.

Usually what i would recommend for these last two errors is to disable grass /reduce settings but that should already be disabled?

I would also suggest a GPU driver reinstallation - using a CLEAN install (or DDU) to ensure that the driver is correctly installed - upgrade installs dont always resolve bad driver files etc.

Are there any driver level overrides happening? or are they set at defaults?

Also, have you monitored your system while testing LE - what are the CPU/GPU usage loads doing? At low settings they should be barely breaking a sweat. What are you system component temps getting to?

Have you run any generic system tests? E.g. running some benchmarks etc to see if your system is stable and getting the expected performance/clock speeds/temperature ranges? Have you tested the RAM etc?

Are your system cables seated properly, is there anything blocking a fan or something? Maybe after playing for a while some component or another is overheating?

If you View Reliability History on your system - is there anything there that could explain what is happening? Any errors that Windows itself is reporting?

Really am guessing here because the usual solution for these kinds of errors are being concervative with settings on older hardware - but this doesnt really apply in your setup with those settings.

I just wanted to close the loop on this and thank you for your help.
I did some benchmarking and system monitoring and actually found out that my CPU cooler was under performing and causing over heating and throttling issues.
I replaced the cooler and haven’t had a crash since.

Great stuff. Glad you found the issue and resolved it.

Thanks for letting us know - always helps for future troubleshooting when others are having issues.

If you want, you should close the thread with your last post (CPU cooler replacement) as the solution.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.