Crashes every 3+ zones on transition

DxDiag.zip (17.6 KB)
Crashes.zip (553.8 KB)

Drivers, OS, etc up to date. Since the latest patch, i’ve been trying to play with a controller, tried unplugging it and playing without still got a crash.

I played a few months ago and didnt have an issue with these crashes. The performance is great, just get crashes on transitions, a few times it hasnt crashed, but everything except health bars was black. I could tp out of the zone and it would fix it.

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

Two immediate things:

1. Have you run the game verification through steam (if you are using it)? The primary cause for the game crashing on loading new maps is bad files.

2. What in-game settings are your using (le_graphicsmanager.ini)? The second most cause of loading crashes are in-game graphics settings caused by LE being in beta/unoptimised right now… Try setting it to this and see what happens - 1080p, 60fps framerate limited (not vsync), ALL ingame settting to very low or disabled… If you get less crashes then this could be the cause…

From your Dxdiag

• you OS is 19041… There is 19042 and 19043 out… So you are few patches behind there.

• Your CPU & GPU should get you a decent 60-70fps on low settings and should be fairly stable - I use a 1060 and an i5-7500 and I play on very low settings pretty much without hassle at 50-60fps in 0.8.2F

• You are running out of space on your C Drive - this is not good for the OS… I recommend not having less than 10% of your total drive capacity available at any time. Also… using an SSD that is full, prevents the internal wear leveling algorythms from ensuring that your drive gets an even usage and the NAND chips dont wear out unevenly and then start causing errors.

• Running the game from an external USB device is probably not the best idea in the world… I’d seriously consider something else there if you can…

• nothing too serious in the diagnostic section at the end - you do seem to have a lot of different applications crashing (obviously including LE)… This could just be problem apps or could indicate something else… I would check your windows error logs and see if there is anything that needs addressing… usually critical/error or warnings…

I set all the settings to Low & limited FPS, along with turning vsync off. I was able to play without any crashes. Strange I didn’t notice any performance issues on the higher settings, just the crashes.

Thanks for all the info, i’m going to try and clean up the C drive as well.

Edit: I did do the steam verify and that checked out fine.

Yip… its not so much the performance at the higher settings but the instability that comes with the changes… for example… without the framerate limiting, LE can max out the GPU very easily and then anything that adds additional work and then to make the GPU throw its hands in the air and give up… :wink:

I have faith that the devs will eventually be able to dedicate themselves to dealing with the optimisation issues but for now we can make some concessions to enjoy playing…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.