Crash to desktop on startup

Hi!
Decided to check out this game again after a few months of downtime. Used to play fine before.
Right now can’t even start the game. Freezes a bit on startup screen and then crashes to desktop with no error. Steam version. Checked the integrity, reinstalled, deleted le_graphicsmanager.ini - all the same.

What else should I try? Or have I missed something simple…

le_graphicsmanager.ini (489 Bytes)
Player.log (20.5 KB)
Player-prev.log (12.2 KB)
DxDiag.txt (125.4 KB)

Thank you in advance!

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you are having hassles…

Sometimes when players come back after more than one major game update things like this seem to happen. I am assuming that you may have done this? The game has undergone lots of changes in the last two/three patches and it seems like this can cause problems for people returning. Sometimes its fine, other times there is a problem between steam & LE, login timeout or account issue or even something in an older savegame that the newer gameversion doesnt like…

On a similar note: Have you changed any of your hardware since you last played? Have you updated or changed any of the software related to this hardware. Reason I ask is that there are quite a few crashes etc, that ended up being things like old Razer software/drivers… Key here is to establish if ANYTHING changed on your system since the last successful play…

Also… what you are your running on your system while trying to play LE? Reason I ask is that there are some very obsure things (like Citrix/Teamviewer and others) that can cause problems with Unity (the game engine) and its important that you dont run anything while trying to test LE… This includes things like graphic overlays (Steam included) - just dont use anything - especially while you are trying to debug the crashing issue.

Your dxdiag is not showing anything obvious… Although I must admit I have never seen a Dxdiag with an empty Diagnostic section at the end - every single dxdiag I have ever seen has at least one informational message - your file has zero… So either your system is absolutely the most stable system I have ever seen and nothing you are running ever misbehaves or its not logging things.

The player.log is showing a crash but unfortunately I am not a unity developer so its not helpful in pointing to something specific… Normally the log files have more info as to the specific issues and its easier to get some kind of hint at the potential problem… Perhaps you can read the end of the log file and see if there are any files that have been included in a generated Crash folder (the logfile shows the location).

Your graphics settings are fine but once you can get into the game, you must enable framerate limiting - at your resolution and monitor Hz - the game will potentially suffer from the known performance instability issues that plague even high end systems and your CPU is pretty old right now… Your GPU can handle the game better than your CPU but you might end up with bottleneck issues especially at the higher resolutions/framerates - and this is likely to cause instability/freezing/stuttering/crashing while playing…

In the unlikely event its an old corrupted savegame causing the problem, a way to check that is to back them up and then remove the files before launching the game. The files are all in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games. Just remember that if you are using Steam Cloud, Steam might try and replace the savegames when you try to launch the game.

If the problem is account related, then you may have to login to the EHG system https://lastepoch.com/player/account/overview and see if your login and Link to Steam still works fine…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.