Crash on Idol of Ruin fight

Hey guys, had a random and sudden crash while fighting the Idol of Ruin in the Corrupted Lake that instantly closed the game to my desktop.

error.log (74.4 KB)
Player.log (159.8 KB)

Update: Another crash upon zoning into Imperial Thetima and unlocking the waypoint.
error2.log (74.8 KB)
Player2.log (959.9 KB)

Cheers,
Alerean

Hi,

Two immediate things I see from the player & error logs…

1. The player.log seems to show lots of asset errors - which could be indicative of some sort of corruption in the installed game. Please Verify the game files through Steam - you may have to do this more than once especially if the first verification finds problems.

2. The error.log is showing d3d11.dll errors - these are usually GPU driver OR graphics settings related… I recommend that you make sure that you are using a recent driver (something from the last 2-3 months) - it doesnt have to be the latest but it must be recent… And on your 2070S dont use driver version 466.77. You may even need to consider rolling back to an older driver OR you may have to do a safe mode gpu driver reinstall (or use something like DDU) to ensure that your GPU driver is not corrupted (yes, this can happen).

You have not provided your system info or in-game settings file so the rest of my suggestions are from the info I could see in the error.log summary and some assumptions based on the problems you are having.

You are are running at a very high resolution - 3440 x 1440 - so I am going to assume that your in-game settings are also pushed in the higher settings ranges… LE is in beta and has KNOWN performance related instablity that occurs if you push the settings. The crashes you are decribing are pretty much the same as other players who have pushed the game settings beyond what their hardware can handle…

While higher end hardware can use higher settings/res, the issue has much more to do with the state of the game than what your hardware should be able to handle… e.g. people running 3080 type systems at higher resolutions have found that they sometimes need to scale back to Medium settings to improve stability and overall performance. Once the devs have had time to dedicate to performance issues then obviously this should go away but for now, being conservative solves a LOT of instability issues.

To test if you are struggling with the same issue - set your game to 1080p, 60fps framerate limited (important not to use vsync) and ALL in-game settings on very low or disabled… If the game stops crashing at these settings then this is the problem. You would then have to increase the res to what you want to play at, increase the fps limit to your monitor capability (or less) and then finally increase quality settings to find the best stable config for your setup.

Other things

• whatever your settings are, make sure you use framerate limiting - it solves 75% of all LE crashes at the moment by preventing the game from running away with your GPU…

• Try and keep your GPU usage % while standing in town at 60-70% by restricting fps… this means that the GPU has some headroom left in busy moments while play and keeps things very stable…

• Disable things like Steam overlays etc…

• Make sure that your system is not reporting any critical system errors that need to be checked… the end of the dxdiag file linked above should show anything that needs attention.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.