Crash During Chapter 9 Boss

Have been crashing at the same point during this boss fight (75% through phase one) on my javelin paladin, but none of my other characters. I suspect it’s an out of memory issue, but I’m hoping there’s something I’ve missed.

DxDiag.txt (116.7 KB)
error.log (72.5 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (492 Bytes)
Player.log (961.5 KB)

Hey…

The player.log is showing a massive amount of Direct3D errors - everything from rendering problems to textures to 2d textures … I dont think I have ever seen log file with all of these errors… The error log shows a crash in the actual DirextX dll (d3d11.dll)…

The diagnostic section of the dxdiag (end of the file) confirm that last epoch is crashing on d3d11.dll… It is also showing LiveKernelEvent #141 which is usually a hardware related error that is very hard to figure out - if you google it you will see people having this error with a multitude of different hardware/device driver and other problems… You may want to check the View Reliability History on your system to see if anything can explain the 141 errors - you dont want to ignore these if they are an indicator that something is going wrong with your hardware…

I am not sure why this is expressly happening with a single character of yours but it could be that there is something wrong with the character savegame… I have personally completed Chapter 9 with a paladin with the javelin skill (as have probably many others) so it is unlikely to be just this.

Normally when I see any kind of specific DirectX errors, I would recommend the following:

1. Verify the game files / clean reinstallation of the game.
  2. Reinstall your GPU drivers using a safe mode installation (or use DDU) - just performing an upgrade from Nvidia will not replace problem files so you need to do a clean driver installation.
  3. Make 100% sure your Windows OS is patched and there are no failed patches… I see that your OS version is 19041 - there are 19042 and 43 so please update. Remember DirectX is built into Windows 10 so its important to make sure its updated.

I would suggest you do these steps above before attempting LE again.

Also, due to the nature and extent of the errors, I am also wondering if you system is struggling to handle the game at your settings… LE is in beta and is unoptimised so it has performance related instability that sometimes needs to be factored in. Your CPU is the minimum required to play and while your GPU is recommended, you are using a higher resolution which, when combined with the CPU & only 8gb ram, could be stressing things…

Looking at your in-game settings file, and your hardware, I am wondering if this could be impacting on the issue - the new boss fight contains a lot of screen wide effects & is quite a complex scene and it may be that the combination of skills you are using and the boss is simply too much…

As a simple test - please can you set your resolution to 1080p and try the exact same fight with the exact same character… (this is ~1.6million less pixels to process and should require much less memory / textures etc)

As an example… I use a i5-7500/1060/16gb/NVME system and I run at 1080p, 60fps framerate limited with everything on very low or disabled… I dont have any issues or stability problems… If I increase the fps or quality, then I get freezes, fps spikes and occassional crashes… Your system is less memory and an older/slower CPU… but your are running at 2560x1440p instead…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.