Crafting & Fracturing really rare items is a very negative experience and could be solved differently

Maybe we just need to wait for more runes and glyphs which will be more rare but will help us with protection of certain afixea or fracturing in general. I agree with u compleatly although some people wouldnt. My exp is that from lets say 100 items when i use rune of removal i got a lot of time from 3 or 4 affixes at start that t6 or t7 is removed as first affix and no one can tell me im imagining things or that this exp ia different since its desirable item or that its bad rng, it is simple math. And it is very frustrating. As for fracturing i got so many times that i got fractured on 90plus percent but here something different is comming to place and it is general law of probability which is not what is writen as a number for sucsess in craftung panel. Lets say u have 90 percent sucess rate, first time u make new affix and than u have lets say 85 percent (this 85 is no more 85 since u have already succeeded on 90 percent before. Another example would be if u have 1 coin to flip and it has 2 sides first time u flip it it will be 50 50 percent but the next time u have higher chance to get the oposite side even though its 50 50 percent and rhis is only couse your last roll count as well to the next one (and im not sure devs have put this formula in to the acount) on the long run your oposite nubers will be very close if not even (50 50) but in crafting rhere is no long run and next item that u put to craft is changing probability as well based on the last one (but this is some other thing that is very difgicult to explain and even i do not understand it fully).

Sorry for to much phylosophy it might be something different than what i have wrote but this is how i see it and i do not like this system at all.

Edited: but worth to mention is that is the best crafting system so far in arpg

These threads are always filled with ideas of “Well there should be Item X that does Y thing to affect crafting”, and I just want to air drop my sentiment that I really wish people would stop with it. It’s really nice having a crafting system that is straightforward and not overflowing with several dozen items to collect and build a crafting flowchart out of. Pushing for EHG to start bloating LE’s crafting out into something overly complicated because not getting what you want all the time feels boo-hooey is not a good suggestion.

It’s so baffling to me how much of the community is in a perpetual rage vortex about POE and POE’s crafting but somehow also cannot stop making suggestions that would turn LE’s crafting into POE’s.

3 Likes

It’s entirely possible that “the community” isn’t a monolithic block with just one view on stuff and that different people have different views. Crazy stuff, I know!

Edit: apparently the first half of my post got eaten by my phone somehow… Suffice it to say, EHG’s usual response to this kind of thing is that they haven’t implemented all of the runes/glyphs they want to yet.

1 Like

Lol, Llama, you crack me up.

Honestly, I’ve played the game on and off since something like v.0.4 or v0.5, can’t remember. All I know is that Ch2 wasn’t even implemented yet back then. Thing is, I’ve seen these posts on here just about every patch too. That’s why I keep encouraging them. I think that if nobody says anything, then there’s the potential for EHG to miss out on potential inspirations in future.

Just because something has been said before, doesn’t mean it can’t be said again. Plus, there are always new people coming into the game and voicing their own thoughts. That’s the point of Early Access. Saying “oh I’ve been in the game for forever and I’ve seen these posts in the past, and people should just shut up” is kind of a pointless statement. If you don’t want to read it, then don’t click on the post. Nobody’s holding a gun to your head telling you that you have to read it.

Besides, saying you don’t want a system that’s bloated, but is simple and straight forward… have you SEEN the number of prefix/affix shards? It’s already bloated.

PS, this is directed at Bronco, not you, Llama.

3 Likes

I was thinking maybe a rune (might have already been suggested) that removes fracture status and keep the instability or even add instability. This way you get your “second” or even “third” chance if the crafting failed at high success rate, but the item now is becoming easier and easier to fracture, so after 2-3 tries you will have to think if it’s worth it to unfracture the item and keep trying your luck.

2 Likes

It’s so baffling to me how much of the community is in a perpetual rage vortex about POE and POE’s crafting but somehow also cannot stop making suggestions that would turn LE’s crafting into POE’s.

There is nothing strange about that. There is a lot of awesome shit about poe’s crafting, especially the pre nerf harvest stuff. PoE has the most developed crafting system in an argp probably. The issue with PoE is that they keep nerfing the deterministic stuff. Their obsession with rng is what’s ruining it.

When i started playing this game, i was really blown away. It really felt like i would eventually be able to make the exact items that i wanted, but it turned out to be a major let down. After a certain point it becomes an even bigger RNG fest than PoE. In PoE you can at least make perfect items with enough determination and currency.

2 Likes

Excessive RNG is along the same lines as gambling, which many GGG systems are. Button pushing gambling systems meant for the high-rollers to succeed with.

I can agree with this to a limit. I do not think you should be able to craft exactly what we want above T20. That ruins the wow factor of finding something really valuable. I think the deterministic values should be capped at the T16-20 range with no ability to go above T20 in a totally deterministic way. There has to be a reason to go for loot after all.

2 Likes

It kinda is. To go above t20 you need the right base to drop with all 4 affixes being desirable and at least one of them being t6/7. Then you have to not fracture it while you craft the other affixes to t5 which may be very challenging depending on what they start out as.

This is e

That is what I am meaning by the wow factor, hey it actually dropped all 4 stats, without having to remove, refine or reshape the low rolled values. It can be challenging but again to those who find many of the bases they are looking for can out probability the risk. T21+ should be natural drop, not being able to manipulate the 2-3 crafts to T5 with 1 or 2 solid T6/7

But then there wouldn’t be any crafting involved on it, which from the sounds of it you don’t want. You could have natural t21 items drop but they’d be pretty rare.

I think there is a misunderstanding. What I am meaning I do not think it should be a regular expectation to take a single stat T6 drop and bring it up to T21 status. I know its difficult, but I have also done it before the most recent fixes. There becomes a fine line between making exactly what we want with crafting and the hunt for something build altering in the wild (chase items).

Yeha, I get where you’re coming from & I believe that exalteds do currently fit into EHG’s bucket of chase items (along with idols with 2x useful modifiers), but there’s already a lot of RNG in terms of getting the right t6/7 modifier on the right base with at least 2 ideally 3 modifiers that work for your build that you can then re-jig your gear around to make work.

IMO, then adding a “cannot be crafted” on top of them would be too much. Unless they always dropped with the rest of the affixes as t5 but then they’d just be a different flavour of unique items (set stats, could be awesome, more likely to be garbage for your build).

This last part could be what they are intending with legendary gear.

Yeah, who knows.

I 100% agree with this post. The end game is annoying in it’s current state because of exalted crafting. My last 5 exalted items (2 of them were double exalted) fractured on the FIRST CRAFT.

This needs to be fixed, unsure what in the coding makes end game items fracture 4-5x more than items pre-level 90 but that needs to be looked at.

I absolutely hate how you get excited when an item drops and the second you start crafting it it breaks. The design currently sucks in my opinion.

If you give a dog a treat and slap it on the nose every time after, eventually the dog stops coming for the treat.

1 Like

Absolutely nothing. Just RNG.

Yea Washa3, there are good discussions in those threads. With as many times have we rolled a critical success and not even blink an eye, but instantly complain about the failure.

Hi everyone,
I was summoned by the linking of a comment of mine.

I have taken a few to read the suggestions in here and as always with threads like this, there are some really good ones. We want to keep the core of what makes our crafting system unique and engaging while having more excitement. Right now the two main outcomes are relief and anger.

About a month back, I went on a pretty long explanation of our goals for a crafting system rework that I think mirror a lot of your sentiments. It’s about 7 mins long I think and this link should start at the right timestamp.

2 Likes

Even after playing LE for 2 years, I am still in the camp of actually really liking the crafting system.

It’s just that i shifted my expectations a bit and wait until I am “excited”, to after my crafts succeed, instead of when dropping the item.

I do understand what many people complain about, but for me personally what I want would be higher end crafting mats, like new runes and glyphs, that have very powerful affects, where you really need to consider, when and on what Item you want to use them.

I already suggested a bunch in the forum and I think some or all of them should also come with a gold cost, since now with the removal of unique/set gambling (I like that change a lot btw) we don’t have any real gold sinks anymore.

1 Like

I think its unfortunate that it seems like they dont want people to be able to get " perfect " items. You can beat the game with t15- t16 items and even push 300 - 500+ corruptions with t15 - t16 items so why do they make it insanely improbable for you to get very good items.

For you to drop an item thats the right base type you are looking for that also rolled 2 tier 7 mods on it both mods being something you want and this item has a high rolled implicit is already insanely improbable. Now lets say you have played this character for over 6 months you absolutely love it very very few items can even be upgrades. For you to take this amazing item that just dropped and rune of shaping it 1 - x times to almost perfect then either take the bad suffixes off or upgrade them to tier 5 and then rune of refinement those stats to near perfect… its just not going to happen. And this is just for ONE slot.

There needs to be an extremely rare glyph… like farming 12 hours a day for 7 days you would be lucky to find 3 of them… and this item lets you guarantee the next craft and NOT add any instability. An item like this would not effect the late game at all because you are already able to push very far into the end game with 5 - 6 tiers worse on your gear but it will give people the incentive to want to play their character after its almost perfect.

I also think an item like this could be the main trading currency when trading goes live. Make it normal for someone to want to make a character as close to perfect as they can. As it is now if there is a 3 month season there is absolutely no way someone is going to have t24 + ( near perfect ) items in every slot which should be the power fantasy people chase when playing aRPG’s. Even with an item like this in the game the chances of getting t24+ items is extremely rare but atleast its possible

1 Like