Crafting - Critical Success of Glyph of Chaos

The glyph of chaos, as most of us know, lets you reroll an affix on an item to a different one. Upon ciritical success, no forging potential will be consumed and a random affix on the item will be upgraded as well which may or may not be the affix that got rerolled. I would like it if upon critical success of a glyph of chaos forging, you could select an affix from a list (that might not include all possible affixes) instead. Ultimately, i find it counter intuitive when I am fishing for an affix and i get a critical success which is supposed to be a good thing and all it really did was lock an affix now that it hit T5 due to the extra bump. It makes critical success in this case a bad thing between 25% and 50% of the time.

1 Like

As much as I love the Chaos Glyph in the new crafting system, I have fallen victim to this exact issue many many many times…

I would suggest that critical success on the chaos gift actually never adds another tier to any affix… i would prefer that it just stuck with the zero FP…

If it had to have an additional critical success bonus, then I would suggest that it gives you a free second roll to try for another affix (if you wanted to) without FP cost…

so yes, imho, adding a free random tier sounds good on paper, but in practise it can mess up a craft.

Agreed.

1 Like

Another option: Critical glyph of chaos rerolls the affix without raising it by a level.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.