Crafting Changes coming to Eternal Legends Update (0.8.4)

You also used Glyphs of Stability and Guardian in your example but no Glyphs of Hope for the new system? That was not fair :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, I don’t even blame you, my first post was very true I guess.

I feel like this is one of those system, regardless of how much or little they write, this need to be experienced.

And I am more than sure, that there will be a lot more feedback coming in, when people get their hands on it.

Oops, I missed those. Base on Mike’s reply and Hope glyphs, it might be more “same-same” at least for Rare crafting. We’ll see. (I edited my post to add in GoHope.

Seems like the pro of this system is you can target the affix you want to seal by crafting the affixes you don’t want to seal to tier 5.
Seems like the con is incentives like what happened with preferring an item to drop with open affixes–getting a tier 5 affix of what you want to seal is now bad.

I hope you also massage the numbers as well. :wink:

4 Likes

No idea what you’re talking about :eyes:

2 Likes

That is what I said like 60+ posts ago.

I appreciate your effort to make crafting better, but in my opinion, it is still not good. The main issue I see is very high RNG and if you are unlucky, you can break your item very quickly and it can be very frustrating. Roll range from 1 to 20 is too random when crafting potential is +/- 30. I hope those numbers can be changed before release.

2 Likes

They said items will not break anymore

break your item: I meant end of crafting, it is now equal to non-damaging fracture, if I’m not mistaken. It is still not a good feeling when you do only 2 craftings and you are done.

1 Like

Getting to 0 FP makes the item read as “blablabla Fractured blablabla”, i.e. 0 FP = “Fractured”.

2 Likes

Frustration? Frustration is when you expect something and that doesn’t happen. Like I had an exalted item and fructered it on first crafting try with 98% success chance. Not even 1 craft done! That was frustration. With the new system you clearly see whether you can craft or not. And if you can it is 100% success always. Can you call it frustration?

Crafting should be RNG because otherwise there’s no sense in it. The system that is going to be released in 0.8.4 (imo) hits the right balance between random and determinated outcome.

What wouldn’t make you frustrated? Getting t20 on every craft? Or maybe t18? Please tell us. LE is biased towards crafting as is and you want to make it even more crafting dependant.

1 Like

Please stop writing shit when you dont understand my post.

Yeah let’s call names if you don’t know how to answer a simple question . Again - What wouldn’t make you frustrated? Getting t20 on every craft? Or maybe t18? t17?

1 Like

so true, and the fact that magic items were “better” as a drop than rares was something i noticed early on.

The rare loot rewards at the end of monos were almost useless and i would just avoid them and go for glyphs/gold/exp. That seemed very wrong.

Exalted > rare > magic > white

I don’t suggest to remove RNG from crafting, but range 1 - 20 looks too big, when you compare it to number 30. You can get an item with 2 only improvements or with 10+, thats too various. Maybe range for example 5 - 15 would be better or you can adjust crafting potential number, I don’t know what would be “balanced”, but right now it is more on RNG side in my opinion,

1 Like

Mike did say that the numbers are still being messa… er… massaged… :wink:

I’m not really understanding the glyph of order, so say i got a t4 health between 40-60 and i had a 59. will that then get carried to t5 health and be 1 off the maximum of the t5 range?

Will all our existing glyphs be turned into the new glyphs?

Are we able to use multiple glyphs/runes while crafting or is it still only 1 at a time like before?

soz if these questiong have been answered already

1 Like

if the lowest is 5, then a normal item can only be crafted 2-3times…

I dont understand why this is better.

4 affixes having their individual chance success% base on random stability VS 4 affixes sharing and fighting for a common forging potential pool, which is a new RNG itself on top of another RNG of how much it will deduct from potential??

Random means “theres a chance”, the new crafting means nada no chance once u r out of potential.
I rather chance personally.

Yes, the new crafting is even more deterministic and definitely feel “less bad” but also definitely lost those “wow” moments when you get lucky with the current crafting system.

Anyways whats done is done, nothings gonna change at this point. Just gonna suck it up since im excited for other stuff in this patch.

Totally. At least someone is counting instead of blindly saying everything is good.