Crafting Changes coming to Eternal Legends Update (0.8.4)

I mean we3 don’t know all the nuances. Like how much FP is taken per which tier. You can only guess

The OP shows 1-20 on a T4 melee speed, and the EHG Dev said in a subsequent post that T1s are more like 1-10.

But avearages not good for the new system because you have much more chance to take only 1` or 3 FG than 7. Unlike old system where it was a pure random process.

If you’re saying “1-10” isn’t a 10% chance for 1, 10% chance for 2, 10% chance for 3, etc. to 10% chance for 10 (i.e. an uneven distribution) then sure, you’re right, that changes everything.

We need exact values of FG taken on each tier. Then we need the bias formula that weights the chances in the player’s favour. Then we need somehow to add that all in one nice equation and then maybe… we can compare.

That is what he is saying and he’s right. We haven’t given out the exact numbers for it because we are still massaging the numbers.

4 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t notice that.

1 Like

You also used Glyphs of Stability and Guardian in your example but no Glyphs of Hope for the new system? That was not fair :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, I don’t even blame you, my first post was very true I guess.

I feel like this is one of those system, regardless of how much or little they write, this need to be experienced.

And I am more than sure, that there will be a lot more feedback coming in, when people get their hands on it.

Oops, I missed those. Base on Mike’s reply and Hope glyphs, it might be more “same-same” at least for Rare crafting. We’ll see. (I edited my post to add in GoHope.

Seems like the pro of this system is you can target the affix you want to seal by crafting the affixes you don’t want to seal to tier 5.
Seems like the con is incentives like what happened with preferring an item to drop with open affixes–getting a tier 5 affix of what you want to seal is now bad.

I hope you also massage the numbers as well. :wink:

4 Likes

No idea what you’re talking about :eyes:

2 Likes

That is what I said like 60+ posts ago.

I appreciate your effort to make crafting better, but in my opinion, it is still not good. The main issue I see is very high RNG and if you are unlucky, you can break your item very quickly and it can be very frustrating. Roll range from 1 to 20 is too random when crafting potential is +/- 30. I hope those numbers can be changed before release.

2 Likes

They said items will not break anymore

break your item: I meant end of crafting, it is now equal to non-damaging fracture, if I’m not mistaken. It is still not a good feeling when you do only 2 craftings and you are done.

1 Like

Getting to 0 FP makes the item read as “blablabla Fractured blablabla”, i.e. 0 FP = “Fractured”.

2 Likes

Frustration? Frustration is when you expect something and that doesn’t happen. Like I had an exalted item and fructered it on first crafting try with 98% success chance. Not even 1 craft done! That was frustration. With the new system you clearly see whether you can craft or not. And if you can it is 100% success always. Can you call it frustration?

Crafting should be RNG because otherwise there’s no sense in it. The system that is going to be released in 0.8.4 (imo) hits the right balance between random and determinated outcome.

What wouldn’t make you frustrated? Getting t20 on every craft? Or maybe t18? Please tell us. LE is biased towards crafting as is and you want to make it even more crafting dependant.

1 Like

Please stop writing shit when you dont understand my post.