Crafting Changes coming to Eternal Legends Update (0.8.4)

So can we have the same affix sealed and normal twice on an item?

30% inc. health body armour?
20% inc. health helmet?
+100 & 10% inc. health belt?

I think I’d rather it be cumulatively more. Like the more affix levels, the more it uses or the wider the range gets.

This is how it works. The average is around 1-15, but it varies based on tier for affix shards, and is also different for different runes. For example upgrading to tier 2 costs 1-10 forging potential and upgrading to tier 5 costs 1-22. Keep in mind that these exact values are subject to change as we’re not completely finished tuning the system.

2 Likes

First time in my life i will be a lucky gamer … my dices always rolled LOW in all my gaming time.

(i won the roll for my world of warcraft ( Cataclysm) legendary weapon with a 13 … thx to the guy that rolled an 8…).

Wow, this goes a lot further than I’d expected. I’d been pessimistic about the future of crafting but this seems really great. I’m impressed.

It looks like we still have the weird situation where drops with 3-4 high tier affixes are unintuitively much less likely to be useful than those with 1-2. Glyph of Chaos is something but it’s still a fairly harsh RNG gauntlet just to get these items through the starting gate. I understand why you’re conservative about a completely targeted Glyph of Removal, but imo it could be properly costed and work well under the Forging Potential system. It would also be interesting to have a Chaos-type glyph with a more controlled effect (eg. randomise within a category of similar affixes, ailment->ailment, class specific->class specific, etc.), especially if the number of affix options keeps increasing in the future.

Cannot be bothered reading through the whole thread, to busy, so i will ask the question.

What happens to the items that are already fractured in our equipped slots? will they be reverted or are they just still fractured?

Items from before 0.8.4 that were fractured or had very high instability will have 0 forging potential.

2 Likes

OH BOY WE GOT OURSELVES A MIRROR!!!
Mirror tier items are now gonna be a thing.

Also the chaos scroll is not that good because there are too many affixes that it may roll, maybe if it also reduced the cost a little.

You can mirror an item ONCE.

not 100 times like in POE.

1 Like

Still it is close enough to be used only for the HIGHEST value items

Well the highest value items will be legendaries and those can most likley not be crafted in the forge … :wink:

no, highest value will be near perfect forged items

The only ailment that’s tied to an element is freeze, which requires a skill with the cold tag (& therefore base freeze rate) to be able to be applied. Every other ailment can be applied by any skill with any damage element tag. So that argument is just plain wrong (unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying).

They could & there are a couple of mobs that do have this, one of the scorpions takes less physical damage, but even that doesn’t have a particularly bit impact, since it’ll take 3 hits to kill rather than 2.

Agreed, which is why I said that you’d keep the skill graphical effects. Or at least I said that in a chat with Heavy…

True, but they could just inflate the numbers so you’d still get “35% resist” but need (75% x 7) 525"%" to have as much effect as resists do at the moment. There would be no mechanical/numerical difference compared to getting a (35% / 7) 5% resist. Though it would look very odd getting 525"%" resist & it would confuse people. I know I was being silly/extreme in my argument, I was just trying to get Heavy to see that there are already several instances of the thing (duplication) that he decries for glyphs.

It works how you’d expect it to. If you have 1,000 flat dodge from gear/etc and 100% increased dodge then you’ll end up with 2,000 dodge to be converted to a % chance to dodge.

1 Like

Sorry this is … weird :roll_eyes:

We dont know what exactly legendary items are
We dont know what they do
we dont know how to get them
we dont know how powerfull and rare they are

But you know their relativ value. :astonished:

But ofc. we will see copies of double t7 stuff … but only ONE copy not 100 of the exact same item like mirror enables you to make.

I don’t think 1 of ~15 is too harsh RNG. It is pretty doable. Besides in many cases you have options for example - Void res or Elemental res. Both could be good for your build.

about 15-17 affixes depending on a slot. Only jewelry has 25-26 options. Which is bad and I really hope the devs will see to it.

Even “second best options” are good rolls.

You want your T7 spellcrit staff with
a) its natural +10 meele void damage
b) your dream crit multi roll
c) % ele damage

So even a c) is a “hit” even if its not the best.

Well, it seem a little more exciting :slightly_smiling_face:

Can anyone tell us what happens if an item has only 5 forging potential left and a craft needs 1-15, for example?

The bolded part answers your question :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Ya’ll are doing really good work with this. I’m impressed with how many and how significant the improvements you’ve come up with for the original system.