Cosmetics You Would Like to Purchase

With the recent Convergence vid asking us what kind of cosmetics we’d like to see, and our influx of new players, I thought I’d necro this topic since the old thread is past the bump date.

I’d like a set that imitates those void-lost souls in the End of Time. Not just your shadow clones, but the NPC travelers you can talk to who look like dark husks and shades. They’ve obviously been pushing 10k corruption for a few centuries too long. Horrifying, but I respect the grind.

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to some cosmetics.

That said, I’m a minimalist/realist kind of guy. I like dark, gritty and grim. I want my armor to be battered, my robes to be tattered and stained, my boots to be well-worn and muddy. I hope after they’re done doing all of the fancy stuff they’ll take a stab at some more down-to-earth ‘realistic’ looks.

2 Likes

I’d be interested to see how they’d set apart “low-fantasy” cosmetics from the gear already in the game. Maybe have some kind of outlier theme theme to it, like scorpion armor made out of chitin. It doesn’t drip venom or anything, but you can tell it was ripped from the corpse of a beast, like that jeweled scorpion miniboss.

1 Like

Fun fact, this worn and dirty look of armor is not a proper or realistic depiction of medieval times. Soldiers and mercenaries would keep their armor clean, just like soldiers nowadays clean their weapon regularly. Also dirt doesn’t really stick to 100% natural wool.

So the only time when a damaged and dirty look might be somewhat realistic is right after a battle, which luckily for you is all the time in LE.

1 Like

Yes, I know. I do re-enactments and work with SCA. Plus, clean cosplay always drives me nuts anyway. Was also in the military (Airborne) and you ALWAYS took care of your weapon first. Which is why I did NOT put that in my list of cosmetic styles I like. My weapon should look like it was just forged.

1 Like

Alternative skill VFX, Armour skins, Capes (!). Thats what I’m looking forward to.

2 Likes

Cosmetics are my absolute favorite part of any online game! I would love Glowing Weapons, Aura’s, Weapon skills, and Footprints. I also would love WINGS, And bring on ALLLL the petssssI also hope one day they bring a hideout type system, and sell me decorations for it :smiley:

1 Like

You either forgot the sarcasm tag or you typed the url in wrong, the website you probably meant to go to is www.pathofexile.com :smile: /s

O.o There is more than one ARPG out there ya know, and they have cosmetics! Not just POE, There is nothing wrong with wanting them in this game the game I prefer. I will hope until my eyes bleed GLOWING RAINBOWS :stuck_out_tongue: jk I don’t really want rainbows, but I do enjoy glowing cosmetics, wings, and pets. oh and housing decor lol I get way more out of my ARPG’s than just killing monsters.

If cosmetics go far enough down the route of being layers of over the top glowing effects that turn the average high spender into a miniature star, fully visible in all their retina burning glory in towns/hubs, then I could maybe be tempted into buying a cheap cosmetic ‘item’ that hides all other cosmetic items/skins/whatever. Assuming that isn’t just given to us as a quality of life option anyway.

I, for one, will rabidly consume anything Void themed.

1 Like

You and the Capes. I love your determination. And I genuinely mean that.

1 Like

You mean on other players? I think many games tend to dampen other players affects, like minions are mostly see through, etc. Because if everything started looking like a WOW raid I definitely couldn’t do that for more than like 10 minutes. lol

I’d like a Toucan skin for Summon Storm Crows.

And in general I am quite fond of water themed skins. Give me some Kraken/Lagon inspired armour.

2 Likes

Second for Lagon armor. Some kind of monster of the deeps theme.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.