Cosmetic Shop Beta | Coming in Rising Flames

Dont have anything against mtx shops but prices are too high

4 Likes

This.

Well it’s rather easy… most likely we’ll see discounted stuff frequently in the shop where you can strike a “good deal” and buy very overpriced cosmetics for a for a bit less of an overpriced value and make use of the human pschologie. (That’s just me speculating and on top I don’t know how expensive it was to make the MTX to begin with because I can’t even draw a stickman and I can’t make it into an implementable state in a game)

On the other hand people could simply tell what they think are resonable prices and at what point they would say “Shut up and take my money!”. For every bit of the discussion in this thread I’m happy they posted this mess early on so people can have a constructive (hopefully lol) discussion about it and maybe the devs give an insight on MTX piece and how it’s pricing is made from artists concept art to modeling and animation to implementing it into the game and the workhours spent on it. I think a lot of people underestimate the ammount of time that stuff takes to work on.
On the other hand most MTX is most likely payed for after the first 100 buys or so.

The biggest issue is not the pricing, but the conversion ratio and price points for currency

We should be able to see at a glance what something costs (conversion ratio)
We should be able to spend exactly enough to just get that item (price points)

6 Likes

They are really good at keeping an eye on the public reception of things. It would be safe to assume they are already having talks about how this is being received.

Also, I don’t disagree with any of the thoughts about pricing and such. Just the bit about “not right now”.

3 Likes

Unless the portal mtx works in monos nobody will pay 19 dollars for one to see it never.

3 Likes

I was pretty excited for this until I saw the pricing. These prices are as bad as POE and because I live in NZ $19 would cost me $30 so there is no way I’m paying $30 for a portal or any single cosmetic. Hopefully your pricing is not final and I do hope you have fair pricing for other countries through Steam.

3 Likes

I like the item, I like the price. I don’t like that I can only buy preset amount of currency so when I buy the item I have leftover that makes me psychologically presurred to spend the rest on stuff I don’t want or to buy even more points so I don’t have leftover. It feels absolutely bad and predatory.

I will not spend money on MTX that feel bad to buy and I will not fall for the trap. Direct currency cost is the only way to do MTX and at the same time being respectful to your customers.

4 Likes

EHG do have a good track record of saying the right things to have good pr for sure.

1 Like

100% agreed with what you wrote. So sad to see this from EHG.

Also, funny how mistakes like this are always in the opposite direction of player base anger. Much easier to make mistake 25 instead of 250 for example (cheaper) and not 250 instead of 165. Seems like a panic edit.

4 Likes

Exactly. This is some mobile game level tricks.

6 Likes

I am with the others here, this changes absolutely nothing.

We still have to buy the same randomly set package of fantasy money, for the same amount of real money. Just now we have more fantasy money left over, which leads us back into “oh, if i buy more fantasy money, i can buy another thing… and have fantasy money left over”.

It is not just the insane prices. (and 12 bucks for the portal is still too much)
It’s about the ethics of unconvenient prices and point packages, price-obfuscation via fantasy money, sorry, epoch points, and the clear disconnect from reality with those insane prices.

To think we thought you’d get this right. Super disappointing.

8 Likes

I thought EHG was better than this, disappointed to find out I’m wrong. Feel like efforts should have been spent on actually completing the game, rather than getting people to spend money on cosmetics when they’ve already bought a game that isn’t even complete yet.

Such a shame.

5 Likes

I don’t think I have ever bought a cosmetic item in any of the games specifically because of the predatory “exchange rates” between the real money and points/coins/whatever they are.

I am someone who might eventually buy one or two skins if I really like the game and I really want that skin but as soon as I see that the skin costs e.g. 160 coins and the bundles are either 140 or 300 coins then I know that no matter which pack I buy I will always have either a few coins left over or not have enough for another purchase. Result - I don’t buy anything.

Just imagine if Last Epoch actually had items with real currency prices attached to them and you could simply buy that skin for $3.99 or £3.49. I’d buy what I want and be happy but I guess they prefer me not to buy anything hoping that one day I might give in and purchase some of those virtual coins instead. I can tell you right away that it ain’t gonna happen.

The other thing about Last Epoch, and I’m not sure if anyone else feels like that, is that the characters look rather blurry on the screen, or should I say faceless. It doesn’t feel that equipping a skin would make it look better. E.g. in Diablo 4 I could equip a new weapon or armor and I could instantly see my character look different because the graphics are crisper and more detailed. In Last Epoch it’s mostly just a blurb of colors running around and I don’t even care about how it looks.

7 Likes

EHG, please do not use a currency exchange system. It’s scummy. Just charge me $5.99 for an item and I will gladly buy it. Everyone knows why devs use currency exchanges now, we’re not stupid. Scrap “epoch points” if you want to maintain your integrity and respect.

Also, it would be nice if you would finish implementing the Unique skins before releasing a cosmetic shop. The base game equipment cosmetics aren’t even finished yet if the Uniques are just re-using the same skins as common gear.

5 Likes

was going to comment but I don’t need to you summed up every single thing I was going to say lol

I detest your choice.

Launching the cash shop prior to launch? I can almost accept that.

Doing predatory currency conversions AND leftover currency shenanigans?

No.
I have bought a supporter pack…but if this is how you want to play and treat me like I am some person to be taken advantage of, then this was also my ONLY time I spent money on you.

Just go for a 1:1 or 1:10 ratio on your silly currency if you must use one at all. There will likely be long term consequences for this choice of yours and if you go down this path I doubt that you will be able to reach your 10 year goal.

You are already in a niche fighting against giants in the market. Stooping down to the level of some of the worst will not improve these odds.

Please reconsider.

8 Likes

This is beyond embarrassing and I am happy to say I have already convinced 9 of my friends out of purchasing over this. Even IF you manage to somehow salvage this PR disaster I sincerely hope you recognize that this will be a permanent stain against your reputation as a company far worse than even the trade fiasco for even attempting something this predatory in a full price game.

At the barest minimum for this to be acceptable you would need to ditch the points system entirely especially given its through steam as is. Path of Exile only gets away with it because people get blinded by the game being free to play.

5 Likes

Lol, Tencent Games, one of the shady Chinese companies. They have a truly great history: The Shady Side Of Tencent. They were one of the first ones ever to push for microtransactions so no wonder it’s the first big feature coming to this game.

3 Likes

prices look reasonable, please dont make any of the POE mistakes (actual framerate drop in towns from all the mtx)
all these haters arent taking into account that this is par for the course in the genre. it isnt pay to win
just one question: where is the t-shirt tier? :stuck_out_tongue:
pepegacredit