Cosmetic Shop Beta | Coming in Rising Flames

It is if they are running low on cash.

I don’t know their financial situation, but people in here keep talking like they know anything when they don’t. Maybe they don’t have time to wait.

1 Like

MTX looks nice. But just like many other players I have a few concerns.

1 - FOMO feature. It’s a disgusting mobile game tactic that forces the player to spend NOW or it will be gone forever. Even Blizzard which is notorious famous for abuse their playerbase implemented a rotation inside the shop in their upcoming game D4.

2 - Price seems to high for a paid game. Yeah 35 bucks is a low price for a game nowdays, but still not free. Think about quantity of MTX that will be sold if the price is lower. People surely will be more likely to buy a 7$ MTX than a 20$ (looking at you portal MTX)
3 - Stop with the BS psycological mobile tatics for points. MTX costs 100? make a way that I can buy 100 points without leftovers. The price packs showed in the OP is scammy af and breaks the trust that EHG has built so far with the playerbase.

At the end of they games are made to be sold like any other product, but you can choose to sell it respecting the player base or being just another cash grab company that will disapear in the near future. The choice is yours. Please lestem to your playerbase. If you need any example on how a company cam succeed without beign scammy please look out for Re-Logic (Terraria) and Poncle (Vampire Survivor).

I’m really excited about the game but after seeing this I’m
also worried.

Best Regards

Hakeshu

13 Likes

Wow. I’m extremely disappointed. Again you fail terribly with a topic I thought you would handle better. I thought you are aware and and humble enough to not copy the price tags from AAA f2p games while at the same time not having comparable content and a box prize on top.

I don’t feel like wanting to play the new patch.

10 Likes

Here’s my two cents, for what it is worth:

1. MTX for cosmetics is a great idea to let the characters stand out. I was very much looking forward to this feature. Of course, I want my characters to look badass.
  2. Because of the pricing in other games, and EHG being able to see what other games charge and get away with because whales will be whales, pricing for cosmetics across the entire gaming space is completely out of control.
  3. Let’s look at it this way: A full-priced triple-A release is now $70 for most games. That’s for a complete game with anywhere from 10 to 100+ hours of gameplay and value. Expansions range from $10 to $40, usually averaging about $20 for 10 to 30 hours of new gameplay and features.
  4. New skins to replace the graphics of any part of the game carry NO actual value. For streamers and whales new skins are simply “look how much richer I am than you” statements, like driving a Bugatti or wearing a Rolex.
  5. Asking your players and customers to fork out more money than a full triple-A release game just to re-skin things is ABSURD on its face. The fact that some people are willing to shell out hundreds of dollars for skins is an absolute statement on the state of humanity.
  6. I want to support EHG. Especially with seasonal content, expansions, and other updates. I understand these things must be funded. However, I will not shell out more money than an entirely new game to look nice.

As always, when I see issues, instead of just complaining or pointing them out, I offer solutions:
Suggested Solution:

1. A $20 USD price point is a reasonable ask for a complete set of transmogs. A set could be structured around a theme, like the ones you have posted, or it could be friendlier to your consumer base.
  2. A truly consumer-friendly structure would set a price and not use silly points or coins or whatever nonsense forces the consumer to buy extra dingleberries they can’t spend.
  3. A truly consumer-friendly structure would allow the consumer to choose what pieces to purchase; mixed and matched from whatever sets they want; with actual discounts for larger quantity purchases.
  4. Here’s a few examples: $20 USD for a complete character re-skin, this would include Helm, Weapon, Off-Hand, Chest, Gloves, and Legs. $20 USD for a complete Skill VFX re-skin, this would include choice of effects for each of the five equipped skills and would allow you to swap them within reason when you de-specialize one skill for another. $20 for a set of Glamour Adornments including Back, Portal, Aura, Footstep, and Pet. $50 for a pack that includes one each of the Character Skin pack, Skill VFX pack, and Glamour pack listed above (effectively a $10 discount on a 3-pack purchase).

I will not support the MTX store the way it is currently structured. I will support EHG by purchasing and gifting copies to more of my buddies because the game itself is outstanding.

7 Likes

I like mtxs but 20 Dollars for a portal skin??? Are you completely insane? I would rather donate 20 bucks to support the game rather than get scammed for 20 dollars for a single portal skin. What does an armour set cost then? 100 dollars !!!

8 Likes

PLEASE make the prices region based… If you do the exchange of dollars to reais in Brazil for example it’s 5x expensive… so something that is 9 dollars is actually 45 reais and something that is 40 dollars is 200 reais… It’s expensive… but if you make it region based more people from Brazil will be attracted to the game and fair.

5 Likes

Perhaps you should actually finish the game before you introduce MTX? The game is already WAAAAAY overpriced for an early access game. And the core mechanics are not even close to being good enough for 1.0, and there are still a lot of missing content.

What a joke!

2 Likes

I’m willing to pay for a monolith modifiers rework.
Can we have that instead?

5 Likes

Agreed. They should avoid these kind of dirty tactics agaisnt consumers!

5 Likes

Really not a huge fan of these prices. I appreciate the vision behind not selling power OR CONVENIENCE (huge props here), but you are immediately ruining all that goodwill by using the pricing tactics that sour Free to Play games. Be better, please!

4 Likes

You did see the marketing choices right? Predatory tactics are not good for the continuity of players.

4 Likes

100% agreed, I expected much better behavior from these guys, makes me very sad

3 Likes

If the development team is goings to fix the bugs, server, or implement trade… Then they should have lead with that. So far I’ve seen no actual improvements to this game, it’s crazy laggy and my character seems to get stuck on pointless crap in the environment. Why can’t I step over this pebble? What’s most important to me is being able to trade. I’m Already level 100 with the only character I plan on playing, yet I can play for hours without finding anything useful to me. If I were able to trade for what I need, this game might actually be playable. As for now I’ll stop streaming it, and uninstall.

2 Likes

I don’t vibe with these prices.
Or the extra currency step only there to confuse and detach our brain from the actual prices.
Or the super predatory FOMO machine of “this pack has 30 points more than i need, if i buy the higher step i can buy this other thing, oh but then i got 30 points left, now i can go one step higher to buy …”

Come on guys, i thought you’d do better. This is ridiculous.
I will NOT be spending any money if this is what you’re going for. Very disappointed in you.

7 Likes

Predatory tactics for a small indie game with an already loyal fan base.
Way to spit in our faces for sticking around so long. You also don’t need to jack the prices either, considering we have ALL, already invested in your game without it - it’s already a cult-like/tight-knit community.

7 Likes

So, I am all for MTX and the support of the devs and the game. However, who’s idea was it to release back attachments, pets and portals 1st? Why not release armor sets/weapon sets 1st, to cover up some of the ridiculous looking armors/weapons? I could care less what my back looks like and a PET?! Why?! What is the purpose? Portals are fine and all but I can guarantee you, players want their character to look “Godly” before having some random pet run along side them or have some cape flap in the wind XD. I will also have to agree, the prices are a bit steep but it’s something that can be addressed and worked on. I was actually excited to see the MTX shop finally arriving, until I saw the cosmetics chosen. Hopefully this is taken into consideration but I doubt it.

3 Likes

Game costs 35$ but you are pricing a portal at 20$?
If you wanna start earning money knock down these prices in 5-10$ range.
More players will spend money to supoort you.
Do you want 10 people buying 20$ portal or
200 people buying 5$ portal?

11 Likes

Im disgusted to see the predatory pricing on this. On a game I was hoping would break away from the insanity of the industry. Diablo 4, Path of Exile, Tochlight Infinite, … and now Last Epoch

Shameful

7 Likes

why we have to go into psychological manipulation with virtual currencies eh?
why you can buy packs for 120/265/755 points whereas items cost variable odd amounts of the said virtual coins? why manipulate your playerbase this way? fatshark tried to pull the same shtick and got heavy backlash for it forcing them to change it.

please explain to me why we cant have NORMAL pricing in MTX where you can clearly see a REAL MONETARY value of the items you wish to purchase? in USD/EUR/etc.

would love to hear a sound explanation for application of this shoddy manipulation technique that aims to obfuscate people’s perception in regard to their spending.

4 Likes

Still a post-1.0 thing, it never having been budgeted for for 1.0.

Im with everyone else in the pricing for mtx being too high & having a “bonus” amount of point on the more expensive packs, psychological manipulation is beneath the guys and gals at EHG.

2 Likes