Cosmetic Shop Beta | Coming in Rising Flames

I remember we had some points in our account when we bought the game on steam?
It used to be possible to find it on one of the forum pages, but now I can’t find it.
Are those points still there and have the values changed?

From a certain angle it does make sense. If you’re willing to pay that much money for some 0s and 1s you get access to an “exclusive club”. After a certain point other people want to get access to that elitist club as well, because that’s where the cool kids are, no matter the cost. And that’s when the number of members increases exponentially. Once you’ve spent that money you’re part of the cool kids club and you can feel a sense of pride and accomplishment. :smiley:

1 Like

Something you might want to think about in the future is the character limit. I think that right now is 20, but that could be inconvenient to people that play a lot and like to keep all their different characters set up at the same time. Maybe not now because you are still taking off, but in the future with cycles. When that happens it would be nice to have a way to increase the character limit at a reasonable cost, maybe something like 1€ each.
I think seeing this a pay for power would be quite a stretch.

2 Likes

Interesting prices. They seem a bit high, for a 35$ game. Granted this is a first show, I surely hope the pricing is reconsidered. :thinking:

5 Likes

The profile page on the webstie changed because of the Patch 0.9 and them dropping the standalone launcher.

I am pretty sure we will have that back soon.

Those points are still there and I would assume that the value of points is the same

Big facepalm.

This is the worst developer update of all time. Just charge whatever the hell you want for that cosmetic item, instead of selling us that 5-10% excess amount of BlaBla Points.

Also where is the default transmog option, where i can switch my gears visuals? That should have been a priority, instead of an overly priced Mtx shop BEFORE the game even launches. Also why are cosmetics Online only? Why Offline mode is treated like this? It even has a smaller button on main page lol.

Really disappointed guy, really disappointed…

10 Likes

Do you remember how much it was, 3000? :thinking:

1 Like

Depends on the Tier of the Supporter Pack.

These were the Beta Supporter Packs since 0.7 (Steam Release into EA)
Ardent Traveler supporter pack $10 100
Ardent Gladiator supporter pack $35 350
Ardent Champion supporter pack $60 600
Ardent Centurion supporter pack $100 1,000
Ardent Commander supporter pack $160 1,600
Ardent Lord supporter pack $240 2,400
Ardent Archon supporter pack $400 4,000
Ardent Creator supporter pack $1,000 10,000

Cosmetic Points do add up if you had previosu alpha or kickstarter supporter packs

2 Likes

Really wish there was a way to use these offline as well, just to throw in with the other comments on that. I don’t get why there isn’t.

Especially when offline is a less buggy experience lmao

1 Like

Rather than just air out my issues with the proposed MTX store, I’d like to offer some solutions/suggestions.

#1 Pricing

• The pricing above does seem steep. Would be nice to know how EHG calculates pricing these items, maybe there is some justification? But Idk the prices seem a bit too much, most individual items that affect small portions of content should fall in the lowest purchase tier for Epoch Points.

#2 Psychological Tactics

• People won’t like the fact that there will be cycled content. Others have already talked about the FOMO it creates. Before rotating packs, EHG should consider a way to re-incorporate what was missed in some way. That or something like allowing a person to earn some EP to get an item they want from the time limited pack(s). I don’t mind currency conversion, but give actual bonuses for price tiers, like add a multiplier to the amount of EP a player can earn via challenges, or offer something different and worthwhile. Don’t just copy and paste other MTX systems, STAND OUT like EHG does!
13 Likes

Ill chime in and say im not a big mtx buyer usually, I buy bundles mostly that offer me the most bang for my buck, and save my points for MTX sales in poe.

I didnt catch what the price of the supporter packs is currently, but if its say 20 dollars and you get 3 mtx and the extra 120 points, sure I can see the value.

But if its say 40, then its too expensive. Most of the mtx feels 25-30% too expensive in general.

I just hope there is more in store for hype week that involves more gameplay elements and not exactly just fluff and polish which are fine to do, but generally cant imo make up the bulk of updates…

4 Likes

Seasonal supporter packs seem sensible to fund the continued development of the game. I think people understand that the entry price isn’t really enough to cover the cost of development in perpetuity. A supporter pack is definitely preferable to a battle pass as well.

I don’t really understand why there would be any other microtransactions, and like others said have said, the prices are hard to swallow.

Come on guys so far you were always on point, please be better than Blizzard don’t take their greedy approach. You can see the negative feedback they are getting recently.

Be better I believe in you!

3 Likes

This is not meant as a dig at a store. The MTX are overpriced as far as I’m concerned BUT how I value your time/energy and how you do will always be different. There HAS to be a store. This will ensure continued support and development of the project for the future. I am fine with paying for the developers to eat. But, again, there’s a time and a place for these features to be announced…

And now is NOT the time to be featuring a cosmetic shop. This is a bad idea on every account.

• Despite being weeks out of the initial launch of the multiplayer patch, there are still game/feature breaking bugs

• Despite being in beta for 3+ years the game is still missing character trees

• Despite the same time frame, build diversity and balance is… lacking to say the least

• Given a snapshot of the past 6 to 9 months the studio has had a less than stellar track record for consistent communication and update cadence

• Given the recent launch of the multiplayer beta it is within reason for the player/customer base to be concerned as to how long between a features launch/implementation to its actual functionality. In addition, bugs are no longer a concerning aspect but an expected impedance

I understand that you have an information release cadence and that you’ve probably consulted someone who has helped you shape a narrative but if so, stop listening to them. They are not doing you any favors. And there is a such thing as negative press in today’s ecosystem.

I will say that the art team is on STRONG here. A lot of these look like excellent examples of both talent and a love of the game. You can be van Gogh in an editor and if you have no passion for the subject, you’ll end up cutting your ear off. I am seeing a definitive lack of ears here so thumbs up.

12 Likes

Great news

I expect some badass cosmetics! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

On a slightly more hype note, I am curious what tomorrows dev blog will be about.

is this a new system/feature?

Separate post to help clarify some of the “points” issues. While point shops are a bit annoying they are not ALWAYS implemented to force multiple sales and the leftovers issue.

Managing a store front digitally on Steam is frustrating to say the least. Adding currency exchange rates and devaluation into the mix only heightens the tension and issues. It’s fine for a “brick and mortar” store to handle sales as a direct exchange but the volume of transactions are far less in the aggregate and they tend to have much different needs in regards to insurance and such on the sales side. That, and Steams portion of the transaction is a factor adding in a whole dynamic to it. For a company to integrate a points system at this time is not out of the realm of acceptable.

The flip side, you should strive to have as much value in the exchange as possible and then frame your products to that value. And, given the recent issues with other MTX systems, I would suggest setting the price of all of your current and future medium ticket items (portals and armour sets) to about 15.00 and then offer a 15.00 package.

1 Like

Please let us buy exactly what we want without this point pack pricing nonsense.
Big reason I love this game is openness of the dev team and good will you guys are projecting towards the community. Manipulatory point pack pricing goes directly against that.
I thought you are better than this.

12 Likes

This phase of the Shop is designed to gather and incorporate feedback from the community

Well, here is some feedback. Sad to see that you went with this cheap mobile game marketing trick of having uneven amounts like “9.49” buying uneven amounts of made up in game currencies.
If for some legal reasons you can have USD or EUR in the game, just make the ration 1:10. You know your audience best, but I think with Last Epoch you have gathered people who hate greedy big companies who treat their player base as naive fools. With other words, every hater of games like Diablo Immortal is here.

So again, my feedback - I would like to see 1:10 ratio and if possible lower prices. I plan to support this game with all my heart as long as you continue to act like you did so far.

12 Likes

I agree with others, let us buy the stuff we want for 1:1. I dont want to pay for extra points.

6 Likes