Corruption does not affect Drops

In MY 1500 corruption timeline

This was last week also, thats what pushed me to farm them. He cashed out.

That would just be RNG being RNG. Your friend was lucky. That’s how statistics work. If you have a 1 in 100k chance of something happen, if there are 100k players, it’s likely that it will happen for someone. It just won’t happen for the rest of the people.

In fact, that’s the whole base of how the market works (both in LE and PoE). There are very rare drops and very rare modifiers (double corrupt, enchantment, 6-link, etc for PoE) that you won’t realistically get in a 3 month period, however, due to a huge number of players doing those things, it happens enough times that you see them in trade.

I think some time ago someone asked Mike about this and he plugged into the drops module and ran a simulation of millions of drops and things were all falling in the expected ranges. Anecdotes aren’t relevant for statistics, only very very large numbers are.

EDIT: This is not to say nothing is wrong. Something could be. Just that anecdotal evidence isn’t relevant. Saying “this happened to my friend the other day” could just be an outlier.

6 Likes

Interesting, appreciate the feedback! This is my 1st arpg I’ve actually enjoyed and I really do wanna see it thrive but from the looks of it no one is happy with the drops. Even see people in 6500 corruption complain about drops. Hope we get some answers

Going to take a week off to see what happens

1 Like

I am running 1200 corruption, I dont see any significant or even moderate increase in exalt echo spawn.

There are very few, close to the exits usually.

95% cases only drop t6 items.

The problem is that people look at these chances like a counter – starting with their first drop, then expect it to fulfill by the end of the range. 1 out of 10 chance, means you will get it on/by the 10th attempt… and that is just wrong. It’s a statistic, averaged out over millions, if not billions or trillions of attempts. So, 1 out of 10 means you could get it on the 1st attempt, or not see if for 50 attempts. But, over a long enough timeline of attempts, the number of successes will average out to 1 out of every 10.

That’s where lot’s of the frustration lie, I think. At least I know it does with me. When I see something that is a 20% drop chance, I expect to get it in 5 attempts, max. But, sometimes I don’t get it for 20, and it sucks, and I get pissy. It doesn’t mean anything is broked, just that I was unlucky in how my average played out for me.

Also, each attempt doesn’t necessarily bring you closer to success. Like I said, it’s not a counter. Each individual attempt carries the same rate of success. Attempt 30 is no more likely to get the drop you want than attempt 1, or attempt 1 million.

2 Likes

you’re absolutly right. 99,9 % of people doesn’t know how statistics work…

1 Like

Well, that’s because 90% of statistics are made up, anyhow.

It helps to know this interesting fact:

If a drop is 1 in 10, only half the people get it within 7 kills.
75% see it within 14 kills, and so on.

Any “drops in X” works this way.
Take X and multiply with 0.693 (for the math folks: ln(2) )
50% of the people will never see it drop by then. Take the remaining folks, restart the counter.

That means 1 in 8 people will not see that drop in 2X boss kills!

That’s a realistic number to occur, no?

That’s an excellent haul for 400 hours. Do you know how rare a 2LP Heart is?

As it was pointed by Heavy this video only concerns rewards from prophecies.
Rarity still make a difference for regular drops from monoliths.

Still that doesn’t hide that ultimately it’s a bad design.
Don’t know if its intended or if they didn’t think about it, but someone at 100 corruption getting the same LP chance for the prophecies unique itens reward as someone in 1.000 corruption doesn’t feel nice.
I know (some) people will argue against as it concentrate power in meta builds to be even more relevant but that’s how things are, at least to me.
You put effort in achieving something higher you get better chances.
And It doesn’t matter if it will shadow the the dungeons and arenas rewards, monos are the main activity for farming.
You can always tweak the other activities so that they still remain relevant.
To many CoF players it feels extremely distasteful that corruption doesn’t affect a bit the prophecies rewards.

I’m still having no luck finding a relic with at least +3 frost claw on it and its been about 3 weeks, I am gretting really frustrated with this bad luck thing.

Eh 2400 echos done now and still nothing worth mentioning

I should have hit a little more if it’s true RNG, completely different but I gamble also and the site I use is integrated with the RNG site rolling tickets from one into the millions. Long story short is with that rng I’ve hit low % wins more than in LE. I’ve sniped .005%, .01%, .20% odds all in the span of a few days. 400+ hours and nothing but two pieces of gear thats worth nothing. Almost every unique I get is 0LP at my corruption.

I believe they’re altering the drop rates the more you play or it’s just bugged overall

I started COF, hit rank 9 and left due to the drops being buns. Went to MG hoping its better but people are crazy with the prices. I just went back to COF and the 1st drop on my run back was a 3 lp marksman dagger??

I rarely go over 300 because
a) I make lots of alts
b) don’t want to stay in the same timeline as I farm many different items
c) there is no reason to go higher LOL

I have gotten probably two dozen 3 LP items and a few 4 LP drops that were great for alts (kestral chest, etc). If you love the thrill of hunting loot and finding it as opposed to buying it, circle of fortune is AMAZING fun.

that is aad and against aRPG rules, you push hard content you get rewards…

That is what i said in this video, and people started crucifixion me because they are on copium. Maybe this time people will actually watch it over attacking me over the title

Not that rare, I got one in COF in about 20 kills. The problem is getting 2LP heart with 8% health roll, and 18%+ HP roll, otherwise it is garbage.

Next problem is slamming right Julra Affixes. That was how I ruined my LP2 heart.

The rarity increase %%% does not seem to do anything meaningful to the drops.

Maybe it is a good thing, until they balance the game, to make more builds able to get to 1500+ and more skills viable.

They could make drops 100X, would not change much as 0.00x *100 is still basically 0. What we need is not an increase in drop rate, but a complete rework of how gear drops to move away from rng entirely

Rarity should infact increase higher LP chance drop rate and LP in general chance. There is no word about quantity increase, although a bit of quantity would be nice, it is kinda a joke to complete echo on 1200 corruption with exalt node, and get 5!!! shitty t6 items.

I dont think at 500 corruption you should see any of LP0 items by design, but the game is clearly broken right now