Corruption does not affect Drops

How does that feel? All that pushing corruption, playing more challenging mode. I am glad someone made such a research.

Drops at 100 corruption turned out to be better than at 1000. Devs once again screw playerbase without us knowing, and tricked us with those “rarity” numbers.

7 Likes

Interesting, i suppose that something like that could be true based of what was happening in my CoF prophecies drops, i don’t know if this is intended, but if yes, i can’t get the reason, the more info we get the more we see that the Cof is not integrate well with the whole system, the corruption don’t boost the drop chance of they specific prophecies, doesn’t apply to boss drop, and seems that also the generic increase of the CoF don’t apply to boss drop, even if the tag is present for some reason. Anyway i had fun playing LE for 200 hours, but i reach my limit, can’t play it more than 30min every 1/2 days, we will see again in the next cycle

Yeah, I saw that. It was a valiant effort, but the sample size was too small to draw any definitive conclusions.

4 Likes

The sample size is already an overkill.
Most people won’t be playing to see 400 unique rings drop.

1 Like

it’s still RNG. The % just goes up microscopic amounts, but the way RNG works, it’s not enough to make a difference. sometimes rng ‘sticks’ and in circle of fortune you get dupes of everything. long story short, farming in empowered is better than not.

3 Likes

Bump, this needs to be fixed asap.

They never said it did, and that is something i told people in world chat as well and in my comments section. CoF is just a burst of loot for using prophecies, and is unrelated to anything else. Game rolls the regular probability on it.

Corruption effects drops, but will never effect it enough since your time to kill to reward is always 1:1. If your taking more time to kill say 2:1 you halfed your drops because a 2X increase on 0.00 is still going to be 0.00 but your time to aquire doubled, i told this to people, if you want a lot gear, clear on 100 and do it as fast as you can

Small clarification: if you can kill fast at corruption 300-400 and keep your kill to aquire at 1:1 its fine to push corruptions in most cases

1 Like

The video is only about rewards from prophecies.
If this is intended or not needs to be answered by the devs.

But corruption still affects regular drops in a significant enough way to be felt by the players.

And on top of all that, the main reason that makes corruption really really good is increased chance to spawn rare echo rewards (Such as exalted or Unique/Set Items).

9 Likes

For regular rewards it is good ye, if you can keep kill time very low-lower relative then the relative increase to drops. So if your at 1000 corruption the boost would be around 20%, if it takes you more then 20% time to kill or equal to it, your better of decreasing it so that your kill time is 1:2 or better

Think for most builds that will be somewhere around 220 corruption or 340-400 for more over tuned builds

1 Like

Prophecies are just one of many loot layers. So finding the sweet spot for your builds is up to the individual player.

Also if corruption would affect prophecies, this would make Arena and Dungeon prophecies a lot weaker, especially once you are super high into corruption.

1 Like

Im in MG
400 Hours
1500 corruption
Around 1600 echos done

So far i’ve only gotten a 3LP ladle & 2LP Twisted Heart, not even a base red ring. There is definitely something off, the amount of garbage I see after putting in all that work doesn’t seem right, most stuff isn’t even 1LP.

1 Like

Your right. That is most likely why they chose to not make it so. They could somehow balance for it by making arena/ dungeons drops items with higher rates to offset it

Rememeber my post about nexon and rng rigging? I took a week off from warlock. Never touchd him. Logged in. First 5 min i get a 90 percentile perfect rolled staff and 3 perfect rings which i could not get after 120 hours.

To me, this confirms the rng is cheating like i thought it was.

Base drop rates (the ones MG uses) were nerfed with 1.0. So rare stuff like the ring is even rarer now. It’s not supposed to drop like candy. You’re in the MG, you’re supposed to buy it. If it actually drops for you, it’s just incredible luck and you either celebrate or sell it for a lot.
If you want to see them drop, go with CoF.

But at those numbers shouldn’t I have at least seen one base if i am farming the hell out of the nodes?

Could you try to replicate my experience. See above post. After 1 week of not playing a hero [my warlock] got a large loot explosion better the what i got in 120 hours of farming.

I suspect my theory of nexons patent being in game is true after my experience. Odds of 3 near perfect items at once is fishy

I’ve noticed the same when I took a 4 day break, I logged in and had the 3LP ladle drop on a different 200 corruption timeline. 1st run back on lol I was shocked

Weird, not conclusive but ye. I had some people say similar things

Not really, it’s one of the rarest items in the whole game. Even before the drop rate nerf it was really hard to get.

It’s possible that this happens. We KNOW that it happens in D4. However, I find that unlikely given EHG’s previous stances on these things. I won’t discard it (after all, it’s a tool for player retention), but I won’t really believe until we hear from a dev.

After all, it could just be RNG being RNG. Just like there are certainly players with less than 100h that have had LP red rings drop for them. Given a large enough playerbase, statistically unlikely things will happen fairly often to some people.

Ok explain this, my buddy used 5 rune of ascendance and received a 1LP Ring with good rolls. Then we ran soulfire and he got a base from the gambler. Then 2 hours later we ran some echos and he got ANOTHER 1lp ring but with low rolls. He is also MG, how does that add up? I have 200 more hours than him.