Controller Support

Hey there. Recently picked the game up in early access to see how progress is coming. Looks pretty nice so far, good job. I am however, very interested in improving controller support. I’ve been playing Arpgs for literally decades now on mouse and keyboard but for reasons I won’t get into here, I now insist upon using a controller for these types of games. I’m glad to see some effort going into this for your game, but as I’m sure you’re aware, it’s still lacking a little.

I was unable to change controller inputs through the options. Little things like the standard pressing “B” to exit a menu should be implemented. Also, was unable to navigate the menu using D-pad and holding “A” on the scroll bar while scrolling with right analog stick requires too much finger gymnastics as they are both on the right side of the controller. I’ve been playing the definitive edition of Grim Dawn recently and their controller support is handled flawlessly. I’d love to see support implemented to the extent that crate has done it. More recently I had an opportunity to try the Diablo II resurrected beta, and even there the controller support was adequate.

I know many people are firmly against controller support in these games for some bewildering reason, but I hope you are able to bring this aspect of the game up to date soon. I know there are many others like myself who want to sit on the couch and play on their bigscreens or whatever else the case may be. It seems like this would be a standardized priority in 2021.

Thanks and good luck.

Howdy! Controller support is currently a work in progress. You can leave feedback in the pinned Controller Support Feedback thread, which the devs do read.
Controller support is vital to me as well due to chronic RSI problems.

2 Likes

Sounds good, thanks.

Some people seem to be fairly satisfied with the current iteration of controller support, but I feel like I’m missing something. I can’t even bring myself to play this game with the current state of controller support after having invested so many hours into Grim Dawn. It’s nearly impossible to do anything in the menus. The left analog should move the mouse cursor, not the right. “B” or “O” should exit out of menus. If we could at least get a base steam config or something like Grim Dawn has so we have something to work with, that’d be great. I’ll be keeping an eye on this game but won’t be able to do get very enthused about it until it has a sensible input schematic for controller, again, like Grim Dawn. Playing Arpgs on mouse and keyboard is just not my thing anymore, takes a lot of the fun out of it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.