Controller settings cannot be changed

I played the new patch for the first time and started a new character. My controller settings seemed to have been reset. I tried to change them back, but the controller column had only empty buttons for some reason. When setting one of the buttons, it still was empty. At some point all settings suddenly appeared and then it would actually ask if I want to replace anything, but it didn’t - I just cannot change anything. Maybe it is related to Controller input mappings lead to multiple abilities activated with the same button

I use Linux and will try again just now and maybe attach the log file.

This is what it looks like:

I set “Use ability 1” to a button. Then suddenly all buttons appear in the right column (default settings, not what I just set). Then I want to change one of the buttons and then everything is blank again. None of the buttons changes.

Player.zip (16.0 KB)

Edit: After more information in the thread that I linked above, the issue seems to occur when trying to change the controller settings with the mouse. I always used the mouse, because it is faster than trying to navigate the cursor with the thumb stick. I could change the controls by using the controller (which was made harder by the cursor being underneath the window, as was also noted in the other thread).

I’m sorry to bump this up again, but today after logging in the controller settings were reset again (I didn’t play after the last session where I changed the controls). Maybe this is a recurring thing? I will have an eye on it…

PS: I used the mouse to log into the game and only when I wanted to control my character I took the gamepad. Maybe the game needs me to use the controller from the very beginning?

Patch 0.8.4D seems to have resolved all of these issues (even though I didn’t see that in the patch notes).

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.