Continuous unity crash

Processing: crash.dmp…
error.log (68.5 KB)
Player.log (56.2 KB)

please let me know if there is anything else i need to upload, i cant play at all :frowning:

Welcome to the forums.

The logs dont show anything specific and unfortunately dont provide details on what settings you are trying to use in game or specifics on your hardware/drivers etc. From what I can see you are using a 3070ti on a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X system on 1440p resolution on Win10 but I cannot see much else.

Here are the usual generic things to try:

1. Make sure that your Windows is patched and up to date without any failed patches etc

2. Make sure your GPU drivers are no older than about 3 months and were installed with a CLEAN installation not an upgrade install. This is VERY important as upgrade installs dont always resolve problems with driver file issues/corruption. If you dont know how to do this manually, you can use a tool like DDU.

3. Verify the game files through Steam Game File Verification - to make sure that the game is actually installed correctly.

4. I do not know what settings you are trying to run at, but LE is unoptimised and has performance instability issues that are directly related to the settings used on each individuals hardware. E.g. if you were trying to play at Ultra quality at 1440p with a high (or no) framerate limit, then its possible the game would crash - even on your hardware. To reset the game back to the default medium config, you can remove the le_graphicsmanager.ini file while the game is not running - it will create a new default one that should let you run the game on your hardware.

5. Do not run any other applications while testing LE - this includes any overlays or other apps - Disable Steam Overlay for LE (it doesnt use it anyway). Doesnt matter how irrelevant you may think an app is, just dont run it.

If none of the above make any difference, then please update this post with the le_graphicsmanager.ini (settings file), the output of a dxdiag report (your system info/drivers/diagnostics) and the latest player.log from a failed attempt to run the game.

I tried running the game on the lowest settings and it still crashes, i tried verify the files trough steam, i dont run any other apps while i play the game. It seems to crash when im walking and teying to cast a skill

I cannot help without more information and you have to be specific as to what things you tried.

E.g. did you check the drivers and do a clean install? Did you make sure that Windows patching is up to date? What settings are you using specifically? You could have it on the lowest quality settings but have 144fps framerate limit @1440p which can still cause crashes in certain situations.

Cant help you without more info.

i did a clean install of the drivers, windows is patched up to date, settings in the game i use are 1080p and uncaped frames and caped frames, so i honestly have no clue what else i can try. error usualy happens when i start using skills around enemies. also where do i find the le_graphics file

The le_graphicsmanager.ini file is in the same folder as the player.log you provided in your first post. If its not there, then your install is most definitely messed up because the game would automatically create the settings file if it couldnt find one.

Barring performance related issues for which there are solutions, LE runs fine generally and there are thousands of people playing every day on a wide variety of systems - most, including my own, of lesser spec than yours.

To troubleshoot whatever is causing your specific problem requires a step by step approach with a lot of ticking off each step in a very methodical way. No one is going to be able to help you if your dont provide more information and its unlikely that the cause is going to be found if you do not approach it systematically / logically.

At the moment its like looking for a needle in a haystack but you dont provide the haystack.

Sorry, but its really frustrating to try and offer help to you.

what exactly do you need me to post? i have tried deleting my driver and doing a clean install. i also have tried replacin g the le_graphics manager file with a completely different 1. its gotten to the point where i cant cast a skill continuosly without crashing lol…

I have explained the importance of doing troubleshooting in a logical methodical way - you cannot hope to figure out what is going on without doing things in a step-by-step way with verification of what you have done and havent done. Haphazardly doing things like replacing an le_graphicsmanager.ini file with a completely different one (wtf?) doesnt help - you dont say what the original file was or what you have changed it to… If not understanding why that would be important to someone trying to help you, then I honestly dont know how to explain it to you.

I have also explained what information is needed in my replies above. There are hundreds of old technical requests where simple things like a Dxdiag report have enabled people to help others by seeing info like specific Windows updates, GPU driver versions, what hardware is used, third party apps/drivers used, diagnostic errors, OS file corruptions, even if they are potentially overclocking their systems (yes, this can cause problems).

Providing updated player.log files after making changes/further testing can help because the game may have additional logs since the original posting - i.e. something to compare.

Providing the le_graphicsmanager.in file between testing points (and matched with player.logs) can help figure out if there is a specific combination of settings or setting that is specifically causing problems. Something simple like shadows or grass can make a difference. Using vsync vs in-game framerates is another very common cause of instability.

What you need to realise this that there are thousands of people successfully playing LE every day and whatever problem you are having is likely to be very specific to your setup or combination of factors that need to be carefully deduced and its IMPOSSIBLE to do this without information.

Your description of the game crashing whenever you try and use a skill continously is most definitely NOT a normal problem.

But the cause could be ANYTHING at this point.

Please note, I dont work for EHG and have no other interest here other than helping people play LE. I am under no obligation to help you and honestly, I dont know why I have to explain myself when all I am trying to do is help - as I have for other players over the last 2 years.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.