Constant Crashing

Hello,

Been having a hard time progressing further on this game or even playing this game in general.

I’ve got two issues with this one.

1. Instance change/loading into a new map the game crashes for me or in some cases my screen freezes but can still move.
  2. When i open a stash, open a trader window, open inventory the same as above happens.

Tried: Lowering in-game settings to Low. Frame Rate Cap to 60 fps.

Not sure where to get the exact error log file for this game so you may need to direct me where i will get it then upload here.

Here is a sample error code from eventviewer:

Faulting application name: Last Epoch.exe, version: 2019.4.23.19969, time stamp: 0x60519ea2
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0xfc177b9d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000012c370
Faulting process id: 0xe6c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d75ff6e8230236
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: f65b83e0-6559-4c71-8e4c-2f678518039b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

The files that are needed to help are here.

Your description of the problem is usually related to graphics settings as the primary cause but can be various things from old or corrupted GPU drivers, old overheating GPUs and other apps causing conflicts. The error reported refers to DiretX which is all graphics related…

The opening of stash etc in the current patch of the game all cause an obvious increase in GPU usage (just watch it using a GPU monitor) that can easily max out the GPU especially if its running at higher resolutions, higher settings or is simply is an older GPU. This can and does cause instability - i.e. crashes - for some especially if there is an underlying issue already. Its like putting your foot down in an old jalopy and it backfires…

A few things while you find the files… :

1. Make sure that you verify the game files via Steam. Very important as sometimes Steam doesnt seem to install properly - especially after patches… Lots of problems are solved by this so its important to get used to running this verification relatively often - especially if you are having problems.

2. Make sure that your OS is patched and that you are running a recent graphics card driver… Doesnt have to be the latest as these can be a little unstable (e.g. dont use nvidias 466.77 if you have their GPUs), but something from the last few months. If you are already using the latest driver, then consider rolling back to something from a month ago.

3. The graphics instability is best tested with the following setting 1080p, 60fps framerate limited (not vsync) and all in-game settings to very low or disabled. If the problem goes away at these exact settings then its a known issue that just needs conservative graphic settings as a temporary workaround.

4. Make sure to disable any overlays (like steam or nvidia) and temporarily do not use or disable any apps that might be running in background. Note, even if they seem irrelevant, just dont run them while you are testing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.