Consistently Crashing on Entering Soul Warden's Road

Log file attached below.

Playing a freshly-made Rogue and every time I load in to the Soul Warden’s Road area as part of the “The Immortal Empire” questline my game locks up for an eventual crash. I’ve successfully verified game files via Steam to no avail. So far, three for three on crashes as soon as I load in to the zone.

Player-prev.log (32.7 KB)

I got exactly the same issues. -> Playing a freshly-made Rogue and every time I load in to the Soul Warden’s Road the game has crashed. I tried 3 times and give up for now. Is there any solution for this?

Edit:
i verified the files with steam again, 1 file was fixed. Works now.

Had the same problem with an Accolyte. Currently testing the validating-thing.

Worked for me

Same hare. 4 crashes already on Bladedancer, steam file verification didn’t find anything. So basically I’m cooked :frowning:

EDIT: OK, so what worked for me was switching to windowed mode before transitioning into the Soul Warden’s Road - when the game loaded I could swithc back to fullscreen.

Just ran into this same issue. This is my 6th character, first time having a hang or crash. My lich causes the game to hang whenever it enters ‘The Soul Warden’s Road’. Windowed mode and verifying the game files does not fix the issue.

Same Problem but on a beastmaster, previous 2 chars were fine.

Edit: Just did a few test runs with the other chars, still no problems with the Lich, however, entering Sould Wardens Road on the Sourcerer also consistently causes the game to crash now.
Edit 2: tried again on the Bestmaster and now it works for some reason.

DxDiag+log.zip (23.7 KB)
Sourcerer log.zip (12.0 KB)

Bug still exists as of 02.27.

On my beastmaster if I had wolf raptor and bear all summoned it would crash upon entry of sould warden road. Crashed 6 times. I did an empty summon rush to the gate and was only then it would load. I could resummon after entry without issue.

Rolled another Primalist beastmaster on 03.02.21 and only had a Raptor present and the transition crash to Soul Warden’s Road still occured.
Only by reloading the game and not summoning before I transitioned was I able to proceed with the storyline. So it may have something to do with Beastmasters when a pet or particularly a raptor (not tested) is summoned.

I just bought the game and it crashed every 1-2 minutes. Even thought about a refund… But when i changed my graphical settings to “very low” the game went really smooth and havent crashed for about 40 minutes. Suppose there are some Vulkan-specific issues and memory leaks. My PC config: Windows 10 64bit, AMD FX-6300, Radeon RX580, 16Gb RAM.

There are multiple memory leaks being reported after the last patch so that could be it in your case.

Issue still exists as of 27.03.21. Just ran into the crash for the first time after multiple characters. Verifying game files did nothing but Chocnutt’s workaround using Windowed Mode did.

I have this exact same issue. When I enter Soul Warden’s Road on my Sorcerer the game crashes. I tried a few times and nothing helps. It worked fine on my Rogue though. Player.log (36.2 KB)

same issue here on my druid, working on trying to get around the issue… still crashing without summons out

Same issue on the 04.04.2021.
Try to enter Soul Wardens Road zone with my necromancer and systematic crash (found no logs anywhere).
Try by lowering the settings, no change, game still crashes as soon as I enter the zone.
Is there any tricks that might help ? This is a blocking bug since I’m stuck in the quest line here.

Hey Everyone…

Has anyone here attempted changing their graphics settings based on the other crashing posts on the forum?

A lot of people are getting past crashes that you are all describing by lowering their graphics temporarily to 1080p, 60fps frame limites and all in-game settings on very low or disabled…

Obviously if this improves stability, then incrementally increasing graphic settings one at a time to find a compromise between graphics and stability seems to be the best way to go…

If its still crashing then there is something else wonky…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.