**Exponential Staff of Elements**

Spine Rod
Two-Handed Staff
Range 2.6m
Base attack rate 0.92
+53 Melee Physical Damage
+(39-47) Adaptive Spell Damage
(39-93)% increased Damage Over Time

[Unique effect] Elemental Damage Over Time ticks count as hits.
Elemental Damage Over Time effects deal 80% less damage. 
(10-25)% chance to apply Electrify, Shock, Frostbite, Chill, Ignite, and Slow on hit.
50% less Attack and Cast speed.

This would have to be heavily balanced as your dots could apply more dots. I would want it to scale well into the late game by increasing your chance to apply elemental dots and such.

a spellblade 2 hand axe named after some famous spellblade in the lore who used a magical glass like 2 hand axe that makes you take 50% of the damage to your mana pool first. it would need a pretty big drawback to compensate for the defensive buff like -30 to -50 % crit multi but still.

For the theming of the weapon, I would love to see something that supports using multiple elements at the same time and maybe enables some hybrid element build.
There are some nodes at the end of the sorcerer tree that cause one element to buff another one but they are very limited.
The invoker set buffs all elements but does not give you a concrete reason to use more than one.

I have seen some similar concepts already in this thread but they seem to be sligtly different from what I am suggesting.
This basic concept could be expressed in a number of ways.

1. One possibility is to have an item that expects the player to alternate between the element of their attacks to get a benefit. This results in mechanics like Trinity support or Elemental Equilibrium in PoE.
  2. it could also be implemented via rotating buffs. So the item would cycle between two or three buffs every few seconds and each mode significantly buffs one element in particular.
    This would be similar in concept to the Cremosus boss fight who periodically changes the element of his attacks.
  3. Lastly, it could be implemented via a prismatic style effect (from DnD you have prismatic spells that randomize their element every time they are cast) so you could have a weapon that fully converts your damage to a randomized element every time.
4 Likes

Effect: Manastrike gains 10 times the mana it actually restores (full mana: no effect) as ward. Also it gives half of that mana as more dmg% to damage for the next cast of the skill you want to buff.
Additional Effect: Whatever skill you want to buff consumes an additional 50% of your current mana to give your next Mana Strike the ability to scale with spelldamage and to be a garanteed crit with 200% increased crit damage. (and penetrate x resistance. the idea is to make it a hardhitting skill you would alternate with another skill)

Numbers ofc are pretty arbitrary, correct values need to be testet.

2 Likes

So i do not care much about the type of weapon, however spear is what i voted and i feel like would be cool for mage or a sword.

For the theme… please ward. Honestly i dont know if we should be already brainstorming the exact effect since i feel like that would be wasted effort if the theme wont get chosen but for the love of god a mage should have access to powerfull ward generation or interactions.

WARD AS A THEME!

Spellblade spear would be really cool!

I wish there’s a unique weapon for Forge Guard’s Forged Weapon.
I like the idea of flying swords. Sadly, there’s no unique items for Forged Weapon.

I love the idea of a item for the upcoming Multiplayer. Something like all your buff skills also apply to your allies or apply to your allies instead of you, something like that. Since the Mage has the most buffs it would be better suited for him but could be used by other classes too.

1 Like

I wonder if spear winning currently is going to turn into “We were to busy asking if we could; we never bothered asking if we should”.

P.S. I voted for spear.

1 Like

Omigosh this suddenly reminded me of those soul-link gems in Path of Exile. Like your linked friend has your resistances or block chance or something, and it’s like a huge power bonus, but if one dies you both die.

Loving the idea of multiplayer-themed items :blush:

2h mace all the way, gimme a big clappin glacier mace casting flurrys and blizzards and freezing terrain combined with the physicality of the mace i want to see frozen blood sprays and chunks of ice everywhere, broken pieces of frozen bits of mutilated enemies, thawing and then the blood pooling up, YES make it BRUTAL anyone who didnt vote mace is lame! BREAK THE MOLD, BREAK THEIR FACE

2 Likes

I’ll give a few ideas in separate posts in case they gain traction:
a weapon converting fire aura to void damage, high attack speed spear with adaptive kind of like the judicator (ideally with a void-fire aura visual conversion and a remaking of the dark shroud of cinder’s unique that might pair with it to something more usable, like extra fire aura chance on melee hit etc)

Different idea:
A spear with flat crit and maybe increased crit chance that could allow for a more reasonable version of crit flame reave or crit shatterstrike that doesn’t require using firebrand, extra flat fire or cold dmg, attack speed maybe another unique effect relating to fire or cold dmg/penetration for those skills

What I think would actually be cool, a unique spear that makes solo firebrand playable:

I’m thinking a spear to give half your maximum stacks at all times (cause its a spear so extra range), and half mana cost of firebrand (those nodes are too many hungry to play right now which is the problem of the solo firebrand aside from dmg), then more melee dmg per stack of firebrand on top of the flat.

Maybe you cant consume stacks of firebrand, they cannot be refreshed, only replaced by new stacks if in combat etc

really would like a unique that makes it possible to take the 3 hitting node of firebrand and do screen wide dmg with a reasonable mana cost and dmg, has crit and attack speed on it etc

1 Like

Item theme coming out tomorrow, VOTE MINION THEME lets goooo!

Minion theme for a mage item? Did I muss something?

Mirror Mages in teleport… imho one of the more creative ideas floating around in the hopes of giving some much needed love to the Mage class…

I would like to see mirror images as a proper skill with a full tree and all.

There is so much that could be done with its concept.

• They could be stationary taunt minions (like they are now in teleport)
  • They could be minions that walk at a fixed distance from the caster essentially becoming a weaker version of ring of shield and offering other forms of support.
  • The images could echo weaker versions of the spells you cast.
  • The images could become elemental avatars (basically a man made of fire/ice/lightning) that do damage over time/explode
  • The images could have a buff aura
3 Likes