Community Designed Unique: Item Theme

Heorot!

Long Live Rat City!!!

1 Like

Can we get a small description for each of them beside them? Like, Void, tri elemental, amalgamation, I can somewhat imagine. as for others, there are multiple things coming into my mind or nothing coming.

word :frowning:

Make it summon rats or converts elemental damage into necrotic/poison. That would make for a unique mage build.

Or maybe both? Summons rats that deal necrotic/poison and it converts all elemental damage to necrotic/poison but you lose hp over time or something.

1 Like

If we’re to take the theme into account, I’m thinking guerrilla warfare, powerful short skirmishes, get in create a big commotion, get out. Like scurrying rats. Thinking of some burst effects like:

1. Flame Ward releases a burst explosion when cast three times in a row each more powerful, maybe trigger the effect on reflect as well.
  2. Static discharge causes an elemental nova per enemy hit.
  3. When Volcanic Orb detonates it triggers the explosion 3 times.

stuff like that I guess xD

I don’t know about you, but I kinda want an item that would be useable. Not just some meme shenanigans.

I don’t see how converting Mage skills into necrotic/poison could benefit Mage. Especially considering that there will be literally no support for such build, other than this item

This idea is terrible.

And in general Last Refuge theme seems massively underwhelming and boring.

1 Like

a spear and the lost refuge seems interesting. maybe this was the spear that was some sort of beacon of protection and it was corrupted leading to the events that felled the city.

I’d like to see something where you have to continuously ‘purge’ the void essence that radiates within the spear and when it’s cleansed, for a moment, the full glory of the spear shows itself.
this could be something like as you use it you gain stacks of something void related and when you do something else, those stacks expel and you get a type of ‘arcane ascendency’ like effect for 4 seconds, regardless of your element.
a little further you could do something with the corruption aspect with monos as well. like the higher the corruption the longer it takes to purge and the greater effect of the buff.

i don’t post often but i hope this sparks some ideas for you guys.

4 Likes

Long live Rat City.

2 Likes

How about: you gain stacks of void essence each time you cast a spell.
Using a potion removes a certain number of stacks.
While above a certain number of stacks you gain some void themed benefits (flat void spell damage for instance)
While below a certain number of stacks you gain some elemental/humanity themed benefits.
From what I see in the game the theme of purification is mostly expressed through fire and fire damage over time, so the buff for low stacks could be themed around that.

It could be interesting if there was a sweetspot where you gain both buffs at the same time.

As a side-note, I personally voted for multi-element theme.
I want support for new build archetypes in the game, and multi-element is missing from the game.

2 Likes

So sad The Osprix is losing, stealing the lance of heorot back from God Hunter Argentus and actually wielding it would be awesome

3 Likes

I stick with Apophis, since the first poll.
Namely a “convert elemental damage to void damage” spear.
Very happy the idea made it in the list. :slightly_smiling_face:

That said, both Lost Refuge and Osprix are very acceptable themes, because they fit in with the story and I woud like uniques to have links with the lore.
I mean, they are not quite as good as Apophis, but still good ideas. :wink:

Edit: My post last week, to refresh memories.

Voted for a void theme. Dunno but maybe we can have some nice interactions/conversions from elemental damage to void and vice-versa (who knows even changing skill effects in the future such as purple fire/lightning/ice)

You got proof that people who didn’t get what the wanted are “tanking the polls”?

I really like the idea of getting a big boost in power when the Corruption is purged, could make for some really interesting builds.

Was thinking of an “absorb mechanic” for the game…

How about a feature where a weapon could absorb (not mitigate) a % of a certain type of incoming damage (something counter to the class - like necrotic/void being absorbed by a mage weapon) and then convert this into an offensive boost… e.g. a mage standing in a void or necrotic DoT, with a “Devouring Spear” would charge up to be able to release a burst of boosted elemental energy on next attack or aura pulse…

So long as this didnt mitigate damage then it wouldnt have an issue with linking defensive / offensive mechanics that tend to break things in LE…

Might even be a cool generic affix for any class - it just works differently based on the classes inherent damage type… Might even be cool to link it to whatever the highest resistance you have… e.g. if you had 100% void resistance, then it would charge on void… if you had cold resistance as your highest, it would charge on cold… Spitballing…

2 Likes

Nope, but that is why I didn’t state it as a fact but as a feeling I get. That is evidenced by the absurd amount of people that voted so heavily for Rat City at the opening of the poll and the continued high vote count for that when nobody has any idea what it means as a theme.

Plus, people think it is funny to wreck these type of polls with the most absurd options possible.

1 Like

Rat City is the only choice here, come on man.

I take it you are one of those types of people I am referring to?

Yeah tbf that’s gonna be an issue when the devs include a meme in the options. I feel like something similar would have happened had Zom-bees been an option. Honestly, had Rat City not been an option, I probably would have picked Apophis.

EDIT: I was going to pick Apophis actually but then I scrolled down and saw Rat City and honestly took it because I’m a dumb “Teehee meme lol” person.

3 Likes