Community Designed Unique: Item Theme

Yeah! I’d love to see an item that can be used by Sorcerers and Spellblades alike.

Like in The Wheel Of Time, where there are Angreals that are items like statues but also Weapons and that grand the user great magical power.

Sorry, but you have to make a choice here. Either you want the bees to live long or you are with the Zom-Bees. There’s not enough space on Eterra for both :honeybee::skull:

2 Likes

Sounds like we might have another Immortal Emperor in the making here…

1 Like

Voted for The Void.

We need more items that can be combined with Uniques like Dark Shroud of Cinders or Sacrificial Embrace.

I also hope that this weapon will be closer to a “Battlestaff”, where it is a melee weapon, but has enough spell power to be useful for a sorcerer.
Also I hope that it would have enough Flat Void Spell Damage.
Right now there are way to few items that give flat spell void damage, so making use out of things like those above mentioned uniques can be tricky.

5 Likes

RAT CITY! LET’S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Also surprised spear won out. Last I checked it was almost tied for staff and axe. Nice that the staff didn’t win as tbh it sounded boring.

2 Likes

I don’t know, perhaps I skipped some of the important dialogue elements, but I don’t really understand the Rat City theme. How’s that can even be a theme?
What’s so special about it?
Tri-element I perfectly understand. Void is pretty obvious too. Multi-monster thingy can be anything, so whatever. But what’s this Rat City stuff is about?

I don’t get it… could you guys guys elaborate?

The Lost Refuge was one of the first retreats of humanity as The Void encroached upon Eterra. During the campaign you encounter this area long after it has fallen to the void, however it has a backstory of one being an underground city under siege by the void, and banding together for a final stand. You can read a journal during the quest that outlines some of the final days of the Lost Refuge. At the quest turn-in, you have the option to lie, and state that it was the last refugees wishes for their refuge to be called “Rat City”. So its inclusion is not referring to its current state as a void overrun area, but its history as one of the last bastions of humanity.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Okay, yes, I remember the part about the journal page. That’s not what I was asking about.
I understand that it’s an (optional) lore element. But I don’t get how it can be a “theme”.

Void theme is obvious. Tri-element is clear too. But how the Last Refuge or a “Rat City” (or whatever you call it) is a theme?

What is its defining element?

1 Like

The power to stand against the Void and thrive? Perhaps the spear includes bonus damage to Void creatures, or maybe +x% Max Void Res? Perhaps it generates an aura of flying rats, granting damage reduction against Void.

2 Likes

This could manifest in many ways, it depends on what aspect we’re referring to. Some ideas of how this could manifest for design:

• low-tech/makeshift weaponry (referring to the last stand effort)
  • infringement of corruption/the void (referring to how they were losing the fight)
  • abnormally defensive (eg. large guards) (referring to them holding out)
  • combination of different Eterran cultures (referring to how humanity from across Eterra took refuge here)
  • unstable (referring to the desperation of their situation)
4 Likes

Would love some Zombee’s for the Acolyte (Necromancer)
also hoped for a new item for it.

I like it!

Very much agree with this. Could be cool if one or more mage spells got changed into void variants by the item.

2 Likes

have no idea for a lost refuge item idea since void is also already on the poll.

Heorot!

Long Live Rat City!!!

1 Like

Can we get a small description for each of them beside them? Like, Void, tri elemental, amalgamation, I can somewhat imagine. as for others, there are multiple things coming into my mind or nothing coming.

word :frowning:

Make it summon rats or converts elemental damage into necrotic/poison. That would make for a unique mage build.

Or maybe both? Summons rats that deal necrotic/poison and it converts all elemental damage to necrotic/poison but you lose hp over time or something.

1 Like

If we’re to take the theme into account, I’m thinking guerrilla warfare, powerful short skirmishes, get in create a big commotion, get out. Like scurrying rats. Thinking of some burst effects like:

1. Flame Ward releases a burst explosion when cast three times in a row each more powerful, maybe trigger the effect on reflect as well.
  2. Static discharge causes an elemental nova per enemy hit.
  3. When Volcanic Orb detonates it triggers the explosion 3 times.

stuff like that I guess xD

I don’t know about you, but I kinda want an item that would be useable. Not just some meme shenanigans.

I don’t see how converting Mage skills into necrotic/poison could benefit Mage. Especially considering that there will be literally no support for such build, other than this item

This idea is terrible.

And in general Last Refuge theme seems massively underwhelming and boring.

1 Like