Chat Keeps Breaking

I cannot see any chat when I choose english language. If I choose another language my game joins the chat server. I also have another pc a laptop that can join chat fine. Is there any command or action I can take in game to force myself to join town chat in english? I have uninstalled, and made sure no files left behind then reinstalled the game. Restarted the pc and also verified the steam files as well.

Thanks frustrating issue.

1 Like

I was able to get chat working by uninstalling the game, and also deleting the folder in steam apps/common folder. However, on playing then exiting and playing again later my chat is now broken again. So frustrating because I have a laptop that I cannot play on but the game runs enough to chat and chat is working on that computer. Help please what can I do different.

We have a post on the bug forms at No Friendlist, no Blocklist, no chat - appear offline to others
Feel free to add to it. It’s happening to some of us and makes multiplayer awkward to say the least.

i’ve been having the same issue

So I learned if I log out and back in after several times I can connect to chat server.