Charactter gone help plz

my character named brainmonster777 is gone it jus hap9pened wtf

After losing my level 80 to a crash i power leveled another character to 40 logged out the regular way and lost that one too can you pleaseeeee do something to help me? this is so frustrating you cant even begin to realize contact me if you can so we can maybe set something up

All your character data is saved on your computer, not on servers. As such, there is no possible way for EHG to restore your characters.

any idea why this could be happening?

I suggest having a look at this reply to a similar issue Game crashed, froze computer, character gone - #2 by vapourfire Providing the files @vapourfire suggests may help narrow down the issue.

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you have lost your characters… Unfortunately if you have a crash at the wrong time, then things like this can and do happen… as @Turinqui said, there are no files on servers right now so EHG cannot help… Usually its a corrupted file or some other problem and when you create a new char it sometimes just ends up getting corrupted to… Steam Cloud Saves also cause problems when this happens because they just copy the corrupted saves back and forth.

The files that @Turinqui mentioned may help figure out why you are crashing

But for now I would suggest: Switch off Steam Cloud Saves for LE, backup the Last Epoch Appdata folder (C:\Users[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch) if you are in Windows… and then delete it, then get Steam to verify the files and launch the game again,… It should recreate everything like a new install - create a character, level up a few levels and then shutdown properly… Then relaunch the game and see if your character is still there… Is its stil lthere, then I recommend that you get into the habit of backing up the Last Epoch folder manually before you play… That way, you shouldnt lose more than one play session…

If the crashing is happening very often, then check some of the other crashing posts in the technical forum for some help… otherwise, post your files so that I can recommend something.

2 Likes