Game crashed, froze computer, character gone

Had just finished a run on the lvl 70 timeline, opened my portal, clicked it, went to loading screen, and realized youtube on my second screen was frozen. Tried alt+tab, ctrl+alt+delete, and alt+f4, nothing happened, so I turned my computer off. After turning it back on I went to login to the game again and the character I was playing is gone. Checked the character save files and I see a second one which it should be but all the file says is "EPOCH ".

Hey. Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you are having hassles.

You didnt provide any details on your system or the game logs but I am going to assume you are on Windows & guess at some other things…

Firstly, the easy answer about your character being gone… Everything is local to your machine so if the game crashes at the wrong moment it can and is likely that a local save file can get corrupted. Unless you backup your Epoch save folders manually, there is nothing anyone can do about it…

Secondly, re the game crashing (this is very difficult to answer without your details) but LE in its current Beta state has lots of performance issues that, at the moment, seem to be very graphically related… i.e. if you push LE graphics settings higher than low/medium, even on high end systems, then stability rapidly becomes a problem… There are quite a few posts where people have had great success stopping crashes & freezes by dialling back on the resolution, fps rates and in-game settings…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.