System:
Arch Linux - standalone client

Image of selection screen:
https://imgur.com/a/huoB3ZB

Logs:
Player.log (20.0 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (483 Bytes)

Troubleshooting:
For some reason it thinks I have a logitech keyboard and logitech sound card. I have neither. Sound works fine, new theme is amazing! I disabled RGB in the prefs file else the player.log would be several megs in size because it could not find the logitech libraries. It would not let me directly unselect RGB in the options.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled completely; keeping saves. Tried clean launch with and without saves. The character creation screen looks exactly the same as the image except there are more gray template areas for the characters.

Scrolling within the options are messed up as well, once you go to the bottom it will force itself back down when trying to move back up.

Gameplay itself appears okay, I’ve not tested it completely.

All the above worked well before latest patch.

I’m seeing the same thing on openSUSE, Stand Alone client, for all of the character screens:

Player.zip (440.4 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (482 Bytes)

Devs have confirmed this one (in the Bug section) and are looking into a fix…

Hello, Vapourfire, Catweasel! While I haven’t moved over to openSUSE just yet, I’m using Kubuntu 21.10. While I too had this problem, I (sort of) solved it by “forcing the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool,” and I selected “Proton Experimental.” The loading screen looks gorgeous, but now the game doesn’t recognize my characters.
They’re there in the “.config” → “unity3d” → yadayada → “Saves” folder, and my Filters remain as well. I’ll just have to figure out that issue and get back to this thread.

Bump. Issue remains after last patch.

I’m curious to know if you have the Windows version of LE working well with Proton. On my system, using Proton Experimental or Proton-GE, I have xorg.bin consuming 100 CPU and making everything else unusable.

With regard to your characters. On Steam,with the Windows version, the save location is:

/home/{yourename}/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/899770/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/AppData/LocalLow/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Saves

The 899770 should be the same as it’s the steam ID. You should be able to move your save files from Linux to this location.

I have the same experience with Proton after filing a duplicate of this bug in Character Creation Bug.

Proton is super laggy, even at the lowest setting on a GTX 1050 Mobile.

Hello, Catweasel! As far as your request for a Windows test, I have only one Windows machine in my house, a 2012 laptop running Windows 7. I did download and run the game, however I’m sure that the lag I experienced came from the age of the laptop. (It’s using a GTX 670M. Yeah.)

On my main gaming tower, while running LE on Ultra, I’m using 26.7% CPU with Proton Experimental. There are two caveats: 1) I have a R9 3950x, which may or may not be the same as your CPU; and 2) I’m using the KDE desktop, which uses Wayland, not xorg.conf. I don’t want to suggest that Wayland might be better at running LE, but it could be a non-zero factor.

With regard to the character saves, I did find the 899770 folder in my Linux .steam → userdata folder. But there still is no Saves folder in there. Just a single “remotecache.vdf” file. The good news is that I was able to copy my characters from my backup folder into the Saves folder that was generated when I downloaded LE onto my Windows 7 laptop. So, I have all my characters back, and they are cloud saved. I don’t think I have a solution for those that use Linux only, and have no Windows OS to use as a backup.

SchweddyB, I apologize, I do seem to have posted in your thread without actually trying to help you. So, you’re saying you have the Standalone LE (independent of Steam or other distributor), in Arch. I do not have the technical chops to create a winning solution, but I did read your Player.log. Somewhere in the middle it started up OpenGL 4.5. Just as a simple question, have you tried forcing the use of Vulkan? (You’re using a 2070, so the startup argument should be: --force-vulkan.)

Tangentially, I discovered the majesty of switching from OpenGL 4.5 to Vulkan on Doom 2016 - big improvement.

Thanks for the reply. Your hardware is considerably more powerful than mine, however, LE plays well on the native Linux client, it just uses a considerable amount of memory (starting at twice that used on Windows).

I also use KDE and I’ve tried a Wayland session but LE under Steam/Proton (experimental/GE) is unplayable. It’s odd, PoE plays better than on Windows through Steam/Proton/Vulkan

Thread is about the stand alone client. I have zero issue with standalone client GAMEPLAY, but with character creation, character selection and options. Another thing I’m having an issue with is that it will not exit smoothly. I have to force close it so I start it command line and CTRL/C when I’m ready to retire.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.