Character respec and spell levels, please

There is, Bladedancer is the same character as Marksman, it’s a Rogue…

Edit: OK, gotcha!
I’m a guy who likes to experiment a lot, that’s also why I wanted to respec, but even with that, I found most of my chars are better when started from scratch then respec’ed.
And as I said, this is my point of view, it’s not a truth.
Disagreed. I’m a casual gamer. And we may even not have the same definition for “casual”.

Are you deliberetly trolling or just ignorant? You have to level each job in FF14 from level 1.

Just because someone is “casual” doesn’t mean, they like having easy respec.

This discussion will certainly lead nowhere.

You definitely should become a little bit more open minded and don’t try to speak on behalf of other player of “entire player groups”.

The forum is a place to state your own opinion and your opinion has been heard.
Other opinions have been heard.

And the conclusion is: There is no easy way out of this.

It’s in the hand of the devs, to let us play their vision of their game

2 Likes

No, it’s not. Bladedancer and Marksman sharing the same base class does not make them “the same character”.

The way you are looking at your Mastery class is wrong, and that’s the only problem here.

Yes it does :joy: . They are the same class, you literally create the same character, that looks the same, sounds the same and plays the same for the first 30 levels.

I’m sorry guys, the discussion won’t land anywhere.
None of you will make the other say “Oh, you’re right”, so maybe you could say “ok, we think different, let’s continue and see what the devs decide to do with THEIR game” :wink:

Peace and friendship…

3 Likes

That is the definition of a video game - a way to waste time, while having fun doing so. Why do you want to have a way to have LESS fun ?

2 Likes

Personally, I didn’t comment in here because I thought I would change his mind - It’s pretty obvious that this is the kind of guy that won’t listen to anyone who disagrees with him.

But I do think it’s important that such people be subjected to as many other people as possible who are saying “No, you’re wrong”. Entitled gamers need to experience that they will not be welcomed into communities or taken seriously by being angry and unreasonable.

1 Like

That’s why I whant a reward when you get you’re first level 100. A Legendary Item like a relic with XP gain, mouvement speed, mana regeneration, etc… Best in slot for leveling but useless for end game.

If you don’t like playing the game, why do you want to play the game?

1 Like

I agree with @BroncoCollider very much. Mastery classes are very different and absolutely build defining. Rogue is also the base class that has the most differences in their masteries.

The next point is, that one person looks at things as a waste of time where others are incentivised to even put more time into a game.

For me personally it’s really cool if I find a nice item for another build/mastery/class that motivates me to start over again.

And nobody can tell me that you play every Rogue the same the first 30 levels till mastery choice. Most people will already alingn their gameplay to their future choice. If I wanna go Marksman I don’t play melee for the first 30 levels.

As a new player I will test the different weapons and how skills play melee or ranged. But i will make my choice long before mastery.

Is it logical for you to choose a Ranged Mastery and instantly swap to melee when you find a sword. God have mercy… what would even happen if you ever find a nice staff.

1 Like

My 2 coppers on this topic, generally speaking.

What you can respec:

• Passives: fully and instantly (although the UI is cumbersome)
  • Skills: Fully, but two caveats: 1) you might need to respec passives to unlock some skills 2) Skills start over at the Minimum Level (level 10 @ char level 100) and you have to relevel them.

What you cannot respec:

• Gear: No way to respec gear. You have to alter your loot filters & go fishing.
  • Base Class + Mastery

This means that, as LE is currently designed, you must roll up 15 characters (once all Masteries are released) to have every Mastery covered. Once you have those 15, you are free to respec as much as you want, if you want to invest the time to re-level skills and re-gear.

Which is faster, respec or new character?
I wanted to answer this question so I tried a test - 3 times. I had 3 level 70+ characters I wanted to respec (same class/Mastery just diff build). So this is the test I did.

1. Roll a new character, and level it up thru the campaign. I timed this.
  2. Take the existing 70+ character, respec, re-level skills, run Monos hunting new gear. I timed this.

In all three cases, by level 50ish reroll was a better build than the level 70 in the same time frame, as the level 50ish reroll had better gear, even though the passives and skills were identical. In other words, it took me less time to get my new build by rerolling than it did by respeccing and gear hunting.

In case you wondered, it was a Lightning Sorc (from non-crit to crit, and diff skill spec), a Beastmaster (from dual-wield melee bleed to serpentstrike polearm) and a Marksman (from auto-proc Multishot from Flurry, to Poison Hail of Arrows).

2 Likes

I currently have 132 characters.
65 of them are level 75+

My own opinion is i like not being able to re spec mastery.
I enjoy new character creation
You can build differently everytime creating a new experience as well as there is a lot more enjoyment IMO with the character progression and building during level 1 to 75 than to just respec a char instantly at 80 to a 100.

While this is me personally. Ive had alot of time spent doing both. 1 definitely has a greater gratification than the other and i hope it stays

Have a good day travelers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bah, I’m only up to 43 so far. :slight_smile:

What’s your play time? Boardman has around 11k, I think. :nerd_face:

I’m not sure how to find out.

Because it is seemingly impossible, because it is called (play) feeling.
→ Fun in the joy of playing without any kind of profit motive or the like.
[Oder anders: Der Unterschied zwischen Erfolg (geplant) <—> Gelingen (intuitiv, ungeplant).]
→ Mein Übersetzer spuckt da nichts schönes aus, sorry.

PS - and even if I repeat myself again because rethoric implications are sooo rare and almost nobody pays attention to them:
In the whole discussion time you probably could have halfway raised the second char:

[And please don’t give me a version number or something, it’s just a well meant example.]

1 Like

That is possible because he leveled a whole pack of chars before. :wink:

1 Like

You don’t need one - it’s not your game to make that call. Since you referenced wow I assume that it has made you a bit bitter but this community has been really good.my suggestion: leave it behind you: the wow-type posts, the toxic feelings and negativity, all of it behind.

It won’t serve you well here nor in the future. I’ve also had to come to grips with decisions I don’t care for and realize that it’s not my game, I can only ask but expect nothing. If it makes you that unhappy you have plenty of other options.