Character not saved even after creation

I just created a character by the name of egress, I switched her out for another character to transfer some items to the stash. When I went back to character screen my newly created and played character is missing… I created another new character and when I saved and switched out again the new created character was missing from the list. I lost Uniques and time wasted on missing characters now. What is going on?

Hey there… Welcome to the forum…

This sounds like you may have a corrupted savegame - it could be any of your saves not just the new ones that are not being “saved”… This kind of thing has happened before with other players and the log usually shows which file is the problem one. Remember the game is in beta and things like this can happen - especially if the game crashes/hangs when its trying to write to the save files…

Steam Cloud saving (on by default) can also sometimes mess up files - especially if it gets out of sync or is interrupted during a sync if Steam didnt shutdown properly…

Please can you post your player.log file from the session when you had this problem… It should confirm my guess.

1 Like

Player.log (1.7 MB)

Player Log is attached, now when i create a new character it doesnt even save. Not sure on what to do. Thank you

Ok… its as I expected… From the player.log:

Failed To Load character with key 1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_10
IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\Anatoly\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves\1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_10

This usually means that this specific savegame is corrupted and because of the way that the game currently handles savegames, its preventing you from saving new ones and possibly causing other savegame related issues.

However I also see some other items in your log that are not good signs and could point to additional issues:

XInput1_3.dll not found. Trying XInput9_1_0.dll instead...

You dont mention your OS version but this kind of DirectX error is related to controllers and it could mean that something is wrong with your DirectX components OR you are using an older OS like Windows 8 and the game is having to fallback to older DirectX…

DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'LogitechLedEnginesWrapper': The specified module could not be found.

This one is related to the Logitech keyboard component that the game can use - however, its failing and its flooding your log file with the errors which usually means it thinks that you have a supported keyboard/mouse but the Logitech drivers dont exist or are the wrong versions…

So…

To fix your savegame issue, you will need to remove the savegame file (and its _temp) corresponding to the filename above… You need to disable Steam Cloud (if you are using it) saves when you do this, to prevent Steam from resyncing the problem file when you delete it… You may even need to login to Steam via a webbrowser and manually remove the file from the Remote Store in steam (cannot be done via the client only a webbrowser)…

From past experience with people having the problem you describe, this should solve the save issue.

For the other two issues…

If you are using an older version of Windows, you might need to update/repair your DirectX… if you are using Windows 10/11 you need to make sure that you have updated your OS with all patches and there are no failed or pending updates.

For the logitech issue you need to make sure that this setting is disabled in-game settings menu… AND/OR you need to make sure that if you are using logitech devices that you have the correct logitech drivers and apps installed…

And you must make sure that you do the game verification in Steam to make sure your install is ok.

1 Like

Your advice on deleting 10 worked, I deleted that file turn steam synch off and relaunched game. I can now create and see the new saved characters. I also re added steam synch which asked me which file destination to use for the synch, Cloud or Local. I chose local and it seems to have reset the corrupted save and using the proper local one. Also i run windows 10, not sure why my direct X components are off. Thank you for the help truly appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.