Character disapeared after crash

Hi Eleventh Hour Game and congratz for the amazing game,

I had to manualy shutdown my computer due to a big freeze today and when I came back a few hours later my main character (EQ spell shaman level 70) is gone.

Is there any way to restore it? I really enjoyed playing the game and going throught endgame stuff. I know this is beta but I was having a lot of fun and unfortunately I fear I will not have the spare time needed to re-level one character :/.

I went to the local save file (I saw the idea in another post) and the file of my main character are empty…

Any help would be welcome!

Best regards,
MP.

Up!
I really would like to be abble to play my shaman once again. Any solutions to restore this poor soul?

By the way, I just checked and the ingame filter option was apparently somehow affected as well. All my previous filters are gone and once I open the filter menu, it freeze. I can’t even close it or quit the game properly (the esc button stop working as well)…

Hi, Welcome to the forums…

Unfortunately savegames and other local files (like filters) can get corrupted… The game is in beta so things like this can happen - especially if the game crashes… If you are using Steam Cloud saves, then it gets more complicated because the cloud save can sometimes overwrite its backups with a corrupted save when the game didnt close properly.

Unless you manually make backups there are no other copies of the files…

You can open the savegame files in a text editor and read the name of your char in the beginning line…

If you then replace the old file e.g. _BETA_1 with the _temp version (this is the games own backup) then you can sometimes get back your character - with a little lost progress…

If both the savegames (i.e. the main & temp file) are corrupted then unforunately your character is gone…

(Just remember that if you use Steam Cloud the files can get updated automatically so be sure to disable it while you try and fix things)…

AND MAKE BACKUPS FIRST…

When the game has multiplayer… then you can have savegames on EHG servers and things like this shouldnt happen…

About your filters… If the loot filter starts messing up, you probably have a corrupted filter file(s)… You just need to remove them while the game is not running and re-create your filters in-game…

All files should be in:

Bootdrive:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.