Character data not saving

I just made a new Mage, got to lvl 10 and went to switch character to check on an item and the character does not appear on character list but theres an update to the local files 1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_7, I turned off steam sync and reloaded game and made another new character and exited and they arent saving either

Ive havent had this issue before and no idea why this is happening

edit: I can for some reason only make Rogues and Acolytes, if I make another class it doesnt save them

Hey… This sounds familar…

Someone a few weeks ago had a similar issue and it turned out that one of the savegames were corrupted and it seems like during loading all the characters for selection, the corrupted one messed up everything - including preventing new saves from happening…

If I recall correctly, there was a debug message related to the character file in the player.log - maybe you want to skim through it and see if you have a similar error that could indicate what is going on…

Doing the usual game verification & backing up all the saves and removing them from the Saves folder would be a quick way to test this (i.e. no characters to load) - with steam cloud disabled obviously… The other person also had to remove corrupted save from Steam Cloud via a webbrowser (Steam Remote Storage) else it kept coming back…

Hi Vapour,

thanks for trying to assist. I actually ‘fixed’ it by making a new Rogue and then immediately making a Mage which then saved, so I then deleted the rogue. I played for a bit and got to about lvl 35 and kept making sure every few zones he saved

My other characters are fine, I moved things around their inventory and it saved

Seems ok now, thanks for taking the time to respond

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.