Chapter 1 Rework | Coming in Rising Flames

0.9 wasn’t just multiplayer. It basically redesigned almost every single skill, added a ton of visual improvements, optimizations for performance, new zone designs, and many more changes and updates.

To claim 0.9 was purely the multiplayer update isn’t really accurate.

Also, since LE is primarily an online multiplayer game, it’s sort of a massive change to go from offline to online. Adding multiplayer was probably their largest update since I joined the community in 2021, second would probably be the new crafting and maybe some dungeons/legendary gear.

Regardless, 0.9 WAS massive. Super weird to claim it wasn’t. lol

1 Like

They spent an entire year on it, mp was what a large amount of people were clamouring for.

Cadence, not quality. That comment means theyll be getting the updates out every 3-ish months.

When is this guy going to be revealed as the Immortal Emperor?

I like your consistency of places on the world map but admittedly this first Chapter has been overdue. Why does the Primalist start in Forest Trails? Shouldnt he start in Heoborea? Rogue in Majasa, only the Templar should be in Forest Trails, nfi where the Lich should be

Im positive the game will end just like PoE’s when you kill Kitava and save Oriath and then its revealed…oh you can just go mapping through a device Shaper created oh theres Eldritch gods FAR more powerful than anything in the campaign, ie campaign becomes meaningless storywise

edit: I should also state I have concerns with the end of the story being cliche as I expect every main character to die and it not be meaningful in anyway as you dont really care about them ie Alrich, Harton, Zerrick and probably Yulia, I understand the attempt to make you care about Zerrick but the way he is first introduced most of the people playing this game dont even notice ‘names’ on enemies let alone remember this blob attacked them in Majasa chapters ago and Harton is the guy who ferries you to Lagon Isle whilst also attacking you in the Imperial Era

1 Like

I really appreciate the work the devs are doing and I understand that not every patch is going to have something for everyone, but if yyou don’t care about multiplayer, you waited a long time for an update, got a decent one, but as mentioned, not as interesting as the content of previous patches, like the rogue or the druid rework, then the next patch after that also has nothing particularly exciting. New itemization is nice, but as a mostly casual player, I’m unlikely to see almost any of it. I love this game, but the amount of content coming out for me has been quite small. I’ll continue to patiently wait and hope for more content later.

3 Likes

The armechair developping is strong here.

The changes announced in this post are bigger ones even if it doesn’t seem like it at first glance in writing. A robust foundation is absolutly crucial for 1.0 release if they plan to further support the game with gameplay updates.

So sit back and enjoy the ride to 1.0.

The story of LE is not bad but the presentation is lacking, overhauling some chapters is a good decision imo.

1 Like

Does this new content completely replace the existing void areas, or does it simply come “before”, like a prequel? If it’s just a prequel, then I really hope the improved lighting can enliven the opening portion of the game. Like any good book or movie, the start has to grab your attention or you become disinterested, and we all know the quality of the rest of the game deserves far more interest than the title gets.

Regardless, a better opening colour palette will greatly enhance the new player experience, which is important for existing players because it will help build the player base and therefore extend the lifespan of the game. A few comments up there are somewhat ignorant of what makes a good game. Not every patch will be for “you” but it will always be for “someone”, and the more “someones” that exist the more likely there will be a future patch that fixes what you want fixed (even if it isn’t fixed in quite the same way as you imagine).

Please add a way to skip campaign completely.

Yeah they seem to spending most of their effort on things like this that are pretty and all, but no one wanted or needed; and not on things people are desperate for (like bug fixes and the missing classes). I find it frustrating.

1 Like

Are you serious? Like not even someone who just jumping into this game recently will care this beautiful work?

Do this game secretly fund by some secret member?
Why there is feedback sounds like they have paid $70 for the game and all this little improvement is worth nothing?

I guess you are right about lots of people are desperate for some shiny new thing, but saying “other piece that are not needed” sounds like a direct humiliate to the dev team to me :sweat_smile:.

And in my little observation, this kind of feedback is getting more and more…

4 Likes

too much yada yada but we are still missing the trade system, it takes me forever to get item upgrades, while im sitting into some 3 LP items for other builds that i don`t use.

1 Like

This is the one I’m looking forward to the most. I’ve just finished the campaign for the 39th time or so, still enjoying it, but those kind of makeovers are definitely a welcome change of pace.

Beautiful! :heart_eyes:
I can’t wait to run new areas, with new MTX!

Of course, we prefer the game to look beautiful, so this update is indeed a nice update. But people who bought the game 3+ years ago, generally prefer more stuff to do. It is not that we don’t care, just that we expected more after a long year developing 0.9. For example, I really enjoy the lore of this game, but after playing the campaign 20+ times you eventually realize that endgame is the real gameplay loop.

Did they have to rework some history chapters? Absolutely. Could they have done this chapter rework later and let 0.9.1 expand into something new? Probably yes. Hyping content is a double-edged sword, especially if you give people a different thing that they were expecting…

Edit: I just wanted to remark that the dev team is amazing and probably one of the best ones in the ARPG genre. The game is in (a very long) beta, so we can’t criticise it harshly. Also, most of us wouldn’t care if the game costed more, that’s not the reason we’re disappointed with the update… Indeed, I’m looking forward to buy some of the new supporter packs coming to 0.9.1!

2 Likes

Yes. It’s a rework of chapter 1.

There already is one. Just ask someone to give you a lift to the end of time from lvl 1, choose your mastery then level in monos. Maybe get someone to give you a lift to the arena waypoint while you’re at it.

1 Like

It’s known information that these will come with 1.0.

Stupid posts like this are one of the reasons I wish they wouldn’t have even announced their plans for the trade. I would be very surprised if this happened before 1.0.

2 Likes

Expected more tbh as always! But guys Sentinels feet they are fat as ****, a little fix for them will be ok. And the new Chapter 1 is amazing, let’s see it in-game. Beautiful work!

Since you are reworking towns, can you improve teleport functioning. For example; have always put you in the same place in town. Have it not glitch out and double port you to the same (town) location so that you cannot return to where ever you were in the world prior to it glitching out? Please?

I’m just expressing my perspective about those comment - which spill out pure disappointment and sourness. no offence to others.

The fact is I’m not talking to dev team that I’m paying $70 for this game, so they should listen to me (to us - the big supporter) carefully and running the roadmap as we like because we pay a lot (actually most of us don’t).

The reality is quite opposite in my experience : This game cost around $20 in my country, and with this price, this is quite active dev team I have seen in my small gaming life.

If someone only pay around $20 one time, and make pure complaint or whining after some obvious hard work, that’s totally absurd in my mind…

Like why would those people waste their time making a comment to ruin other’s joy this week and insult dev team while team just finish part of their job… for just $20?

If someone only pays $20 doesn’t like some of the patch content, why not just walk away and play another game, while wait it out? Where is the massive anger and sourness from?
It’s not like this game grab you $70 or the content so far worth less than $10 or something.

As far as I know, $20 is not even a big deal in modern game with this size of content…
(If you do pay way more than $20, that’s another story and beyond my opinion.)

I’m not saying anyone shouldn’t express disappointment about patch note which did not meet their expectation, I do get a little disappointed with some patch note some time.
But being 100% sarcastic in a public forum comment after dev team just finished their job…

That is quite rude. That is not even about how many years player have waited or how many hours they have spent in the game.

( On the other hand… If you secretly pay more than $100 or something to support this game, then the anger might be understandable… but have a little more patience and respect is healthier to everyone I guess.)

5 Likes

I forget when I started playing, but I’ve gotten fantastic value for what I payed for the game, and if the facts of the game’s development mean that I need to wait another year until the full release to get content that’s “for me”, then considering the several hundred hours I already have in the game, I’m fine with that. Of course I’m disappointed when “hype week” has nothing particularly hype for me in particular, but I have faith that excellent new content will be available at some point. Presumably the patch cycle style of development is intended to provide something enticing for as many players as possible to sustain engagement, but obviously that’s not going to be possible every single patch. Still disappointing, though.

5 Likes

It’s inevitable for some update to disappoint people, specially if there’s hype involved. While I agree with you in that there are ways and ways of expressing disappointment, I don’t think your opinion should be that biased based on what you pay. They’ll just take the money worth their time elsewhere (funding, coming in-game shop, etc). The devs should, and EHG indeed do, listen to player feedback in order to make the game great, regardless of how much they directly charge you.

I also wanted to remark that LE it’s really not that cheap for a game in beta. In my country, Spain, it costs 34€ (for reference, that’s almost half the Diablo 4 Standard Edition, 70€)

The part of the community that is disappointed with this patch is not because they feel they money is wasted, it’s just that they need to keep waiting for the content they want. Factoring money out of the equation, I think the problem relies on how the hype campaign has been organized, with a big portion of the player base hungry for content for 1+ year. And that’s fine, upset people should be able to express their disappointment respectfully, to make the game better in the future! (take the recent big debate on trading as an example of positive feedback)