Chapter 1 Rework | Coming in Rising Flames

Weaver will? New uniques? Very likely some balance change?

Great, this is a perfect excuse for another ride with LE.

The only thing that puts me off is the town hub screenshot/montage with all the carnival pets and butterfly wings. I really expected this game stays away of PoE in that regardā€¦ such a pity.

1 Like

Hey, my biggest issue was that the world didnā€™t feel ā€œbelieveā€, empty and monsters out of place. I am glad something is done to increase immersion.

As a long time player Iā€™m super excited to see the campaign get fully fleshed out and the new beautiful maps. Development is a process, and Iā€™m happy with their decision to tackle the the visuals and campaign.

End-game while in a lack-luster spot is only lack-luster in the very late stages of the game or for those of us that have played for quite a long time. I look forward to new content but thereā€™s already quite a lot in the game for launch. We just need a few more interactions in the monolith system to make the grind better.

3 Likes

Overall, love the work yā€™all are doing! Solid hype week and we all seem to be headed to an awesome update in Rising Flames! Keep up the great work!

Really love the visuals of new Chapter 1 just now other chapters (except for Chapter 9) might look a bit dull in comaparisonā€¦
The 0.9.1 full patchnotes tomorrow?

YES! This was one of my biggest fears leading up to 1.0, that older content wouldnā€™t be revamped and brought up to the current standard until after launch. Iā€™m so glad to see that wonā€™t be the case. I donā€™t want anyone new to the game to have a bad taste in their mouth from the lower-fidelity starting zones, and quit before they get to the final chapters, which have significantly improved writing, story-telling, voice acting, visuals, cinematicsā€¦ everything! So glad to see EHG being thoughtful about presenting this game to newcomers. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Honestly, I donā€™t think that is going to happen for 0.9.1. Unless we have some big surprise with tomorrowā€™s patch notes, there is almost no new content in reality, taking into consideration that the main game loop is endgame. I hope to be wrong, but probably any major change to endgame would have been announced by now.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still hoping for the monolith modifiers rework.

5 Likes

Eu que mao vou perder meu tempo pra ver 10 minutos de jogo diferente, nao aguento mais criar personagem movo, ter que fazer essa historia toda horaā€¦ deixo pra quem ta no seu primeiro ou segundo personagem.

The moment I read this post I was thinking the same. I love this new zones, but echos is what you see all the time and the same one over and over again. So I hope this improvements get transferred over to them, too.

Other than that, really great improvements, good job!

2 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous level design! Love the changes and canā€™t wait to experience it myself with a new hero.

Cool! Finally some colors. I didnā€™t like the old purple on purple.

Even just this explanation of what the reworked chapter 1 accomplishes sounds so much more compelling. Meeting Grael and what weā€™re to believe to be ā€œthe good guysā€, being introduced to Rahyeh and ehats happening in the world of Eterra, incredible. So much better than ā€œYou exist, hereā€™s a rock. Get going!ā€

To me few first act was a mess of different places i still not sure why and how we get to the bowat that we need to jump out and magically wont drownā€¦

Seeing other players in towns seems to be overlooked by previous posters but to me this is the ice on the cake for this patch.

Looking forward to playing this patch.

2 Likes

Ok so what Iā€™m understanding here from the inclusion of towns is the potential for one or all of my characters to just be henehoes (for all the maplers lol) and spam chat

Well, thereā€™s a new item type for starters which is not a small thing in a loot-focussed game, though I agree, itā€™d be nice to have more campaign/dungeons/monos/etc to play through.

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. :clap:

It takes a special kind of person to look at the last weekā€™s worth of reveals and think none of it is ā€œsignificant.ā€

4 Likes