Cautionary tale

I start this post because i was banned, for beyond 5 days now from speaking in chat.

Yes, i know what your initial thoughts are. I was not yelling the N word or anything inappropriate. I was telling my opinion.

I say this because this community is dangerously becoming inclusive with veteran players and not enough community to support it.

I bought this game since almost the beginning of early launch, now to an elitist group of players that the system can’t even distinguish gold sellers from people abusing chat.

I have two other options in ARPG in mind and i hate to consider them as i love this game.

D4 PTR, check it out. They’re in position and have best resource to adapt. PoE2 already locked it in. don’t become a bunch of elitist A holes and exclude people. C’mon. we used to be a great communiy.

1 Like

Apparently your Opinion was bad enough to warrant a 5 day ban.

Don’t share controversial opinions in Chat.
Remember that you are not talking to your buddy that might share your opinion, you are chatting with people from all walks of life & Your opinion might be offensive to them.

7 Likes

I shared no controversial opinions. Also im beyond the 5 ban chat I cant chat for anything. Terrible way to filter unpopular opinions. What’s the point of sharing opinions within reason if your rejected by a cliche that’s inclusive.

I’m still muted and im wondering why i cared about this game. It was because of the unique and innovate systems and talking to the CEO and suggesting ideas that i even saw him implement.

If you want to be a self recognized jerk with authority, you ruined this community.

Prepatch was the best community, now it’s a bunch of elitist.

Also, what the actual F. i still see China farmers all day and long. I bought a 18+ game turned off profanity filters and i still get censored. PC police much?

This community in pre release was the best and most helpful community. I guess you turned into what it is. There’s two other ARPG i can think about and they’re learning from this games success and their own failure. this game doesn’t have the resources. Be humble. goes a long way.

Because those devs have the resources to adapt and overrun what a good thing this is. But if your going to be arrogant…

By the way you assume A LOT… You know what that makes you?

You assume i was talking some hatred crap. First and foremost, you assumed the worst. Cant blame you not knowing the context(looking more in this post it had nothing to fo do with “talking about other people about them” that’s what you’d assume though with this extreme censorship.

No I didn’t. I said it was controversial. You said

because

A 5 day ban for sharing an opinion is very unusual, which led me to the conclusion that it was controversial, because you usually don’t get banned for sharing opinions.

I merely stated that you should refrain from sharing similar opinions in the future, because you may be banned again.

Just because You think your opinion is reasonable, does not mean that it is. What you think is reasonable, may be offensive to others.

I’ve been playing Last Epoch for 3 years, & I am trying to be helpful. If you get banned from chat for an opinion, don’t share similar opinions again.

4 Likes

Between this post and the other I can pretty much say that you deserved that ban.

6 Likes

There’s zero chance you got a ban from chat as long as you claim for just innocently sharing an opinion. So yeah. Absolutely nobody is going to believe you, nor should they.

In another life I spent several years being a GM for a major MMO, and anyone who has ever done that job will tell you that the Venn diagram of “Players who get banned” and “Players who lie about why they got banned” is a circle.

6 Likes

I shared my opinions and didn’t result in racism or politics.

You believe a bunch of annoyed nerds. Real talk.

by the way, this chat censorship is out of hand.

You’re telling everyone what actually happened with the behavior you’re showing in every comment you make. The only person I need to believe to conclude I’m right is you, sweetheart.

Maybe you’re Rip Van Winkle and it’s the 90s or early 00s when you could still get away with being as toxic and angry of an asshole as you wanted in game chats, and also act like you had a right to. It’s not. Learn to communicate like an adult or don’t use chat.

4 Likes

After reading this entire thread, I still have no idea what you were sharing your opinion on. In today’s world, there are far more *isms and *phobias that can offend people, than just racism.

If you treaded on any of those, then even the most seemingly innocent (to you) of opinions can be the single most offensive thing ever uttered, in the history of the world, to someone else.

2 Likes

Ok, so I bought and supported this game since the almost beginning of alpha, FFS i remember the ceo/main dev hoping on having discussions about his career and how he went from working on diff ARPGs

I began begging him to make a support store for devs, he hated the idea,

yet buncha annoyed ppl after launch complain about me and im muted. D2 PTR is on fire btw. theyre dialing in the forge system from this game.

keep being exclusive, at this rate it will die dude.

by the way, you live on the forums. that is seriously sad dude. I only hop on to make a genuine complaint and i get responses from losers like you that live on forums. GTFO of my face and learn to listen.

Creating a thread crying about a chat ban.
Replying to yourself 5000 times.
Calling anyone else a ‘loser’.

Oh sweet irony, I’ve missed your warm embrace.

4 Likes

that’s cute, your creating your own quotes to say

“the sweet irony”
lol.

The world has gone insane, and your participating.

So what did you say that got you banned? If it wasn’t anything worth a ban you shouldn’t have a problem saying it here. If you don’t, I’ll just assume that you deserved it and congratulate the mod team for banning a toxic player.

1 Like