Captain America Shield Throw META - Last Epoch Build Guide

Probably, you could get up to 200% stun chance at max stacks.

that must be it then…

-On Shield Bash, I’ve been doing my last arena run with Shield Bash. The +15% block chance for 4s on use is strong (I’am sitting at 85% so the 15% cap me). But it’s super clunky to use, I don’t think it’s really usable in the build as it’s too much hassle to weave it with shield throw (and it deals no damage if you’re full atk speed/throwing damage).

-Frailty on hit is a must have, and with the atk speed we’re at, even a tier 1 is good enough.

-Regarding spell damage, Shield Throw build can be split in 2 categories : on-hit with a sword and more atk speed VS a more “spell” heavy version with a wand/scepter … and just a bit less atk speed. If you go this route, I think a second Keen Idol is worth it, while specing more damage into Smite (Sacrifice/Deep Impact nodes in addition to Righteous Flurry). Or you could even try to fit the Idol that can proc a Divine Bolt on 0 cost skill and put 6 points in Divine Bolt/Shared Divinity.

Slightly confused why a sword would more attack speed (unless I’ve missed something) since Shield Throw uses Throwing attack speed & global attack speed (which is why the node on Holy Aura & the node on Smite are useful, they’re both global attack speed) but the “deft” prefix is melee only so doesn’t (or shouldn’t) affect Shield Throw. IMO, there’s not much to be gained by using a sword over a wand/scepter.

Because of the Blademaster sentinel passive I forgot to mention :). On the same topic, the base attack speed of a weapon has no impact on shield throwing speed right ?

Ah, yes, fair point. The alternative would be to go for hit damage with a scepter (Mail Crusher) then. I suspect the new Mail Crusher node (up to 120% damage according to tunklabs) would make Sceptres better than wands even with the lower adaptive spell damage (up to 55 on a Divine Sceptre compared to up to 65 on a Prophecy Wand).

No, melee attack speed has no bearing on throwing attack speed.

Ok, with the Blademaster passive I was sticking with an Eastern Blade because it has slightly more base attack rate than other swords (or axes for that matter). Glad to know it’s pointless and that any sword/axe could do (and I suspect Raider Axe might be the best because of the impressive +2-5% base crit implicit) !

You might want to check that that Raider Axe is actually changing your Throwing Attack crit chance. It should since the Polearm crit chance specifies melee crit & the Raider Axe doesn’t (on lastepochtools.com), but check it before going nuts on the crafting.

Unless I’am missing something “Throwing Attack Critical Strike Chance” doesn’t exist on char sheet. But Raider Axe does indeed say “base crit”, and all my crit values (base, spell and melee) go up. So I guess it works.

It doesn’t, but the throwing attacks use the “other” crit chance line (ie, the not-melee-or-spells one).

Sounds like it should. :slight_smile:

Hey guys… thanks for the feedback…

Agree 100% - I even tried having it auto proc off of lunge to make it “feel less clunky” but it just doesnt seem to fit in with the playstyle nicely and I dont really see much benefit for it.

Definitely.

I think I am happy with the spell route - in two minds about wand or scepter but the Mail Crusher might push me to scepter route if I find a decent one. 120% increase seems worth a look at least. Second Keen idol… They are damn hard to find 10% ones with a secondary that is actually useful and not a waste of a stat but If I see one I will try it.

I was considering the Divine Bolt idol, but the best I have is a 6% and I’d have to sacrifice my burning grand solar idol to squeeze it in… Do you think that its worth it? Does it benefit from all the spell damage bonuses? Difficult to tell with some of these as there is no way see what its damage might be without re-arranging things just to test…

Haven’t tried it, but it could be with your attack speed. And the fact that Divine Bolt is indeed considered as both Fire, and a Spell.

Another thing to pin to the drawing board then… I know this is only a beta game, but I really wish for an online build simulator that could take the guesswork out of this part of the building… Its not that cumbersome to rework things but it can be a little “six of one and half a dozen of the other” only to put it all back again… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So I figured out a quick test… Cant really tell for sure how much damage it does but its targetting makes it erratic at best and absolutely useless normally.

Unlike the Keen idol & smite which fires at a target enemy, Divine Bolt fires at a “random nearby enemy”. Not sure if its the Throwing Attacks that mess it up when its expecting to have hit on melee, but it fires all over the place, 180degrees in the opposite direction when there is nothing behind you, against walls or open chasms - basically anywhere other than the direction you are attacking (ok, once in a while it goes forward).

TLDR of it is that this might work with a melee build and it does proc with throwing skills but it is utterly useless with random targetting.

not sure why u guys are using frailty on hit, looks like ive missed something isnt Frailty on hit reduced poison protection?

No, Frailty on Hit is a new affix (added in 0.7.10) that procs the Frailty ailment which reduces the damage dealt by 6% per stack with up to 3 stacks.

The wiki isn’t particularly up to date. The game guide, lastepochtools.com & lastepoch.tunklab.com are much better.

1 Like

@stefthedude plans to update build to current patch 0.7.10? :slight_smile: <3

1 Like

thanks mate

soon :smiley:

After pushing a bit more on arenas, I came back to using scepter. I can’t afford to go to 30 points in the sentinel tree for Blademaster as I need all the tankiness I can get from the Paladin tree. I still think Blademaster+sword/axe is better damage wise, or for farming monolith, but god do I need more HP for arenas !

Tried Divine Bolt a bit, it’s better than expected but it’s too big of an investment for “just” a (super) random proc. Note that I tend to play in melee range, or very near melee range when playing.

Still trying to find the best mix of DPS nodes on still throw to have a good mix of both single target and AoE damage.

2 Likes