Can't install game via Steam on SSD

I bought the game last week via direct purchase from Steam. I tried to download and install onto my new SSD but I kept getting disk write errors (the files that would error were random). I have installed a few different games onto the drive via Steam so I know the drive and my account are both fine. I have since gotten the game to download and install onto my normal hard drive but it isn’t where I want the game to reside. Figured I should let you guys know about this problem as I have seen it with other games in the past.

Hi, thanks for contacting us.
This is indeed a strange problem we have no control on but let’s try to solve it anyway. Please try the following:

• Check that you have enough space on the SSD for the game to install, steam should do that before installation for you
  • Go in explorer and left click on your drive > Properties > File System. If the file system is FAT this could lead to problems with steam installation and you would need to reformat your drive in order to play on it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.