Can't enter game

At the first, Sorry for poor explain cause i’m not good at English (I’m South korean)

After updating 0.8.5C, I can’t enter the game.
When i start LE, it works til i click “enter the game” in character chosing screen.
when i click “enter the game”, LE’s status changed to ‘not respond’
I tried as follows

• steam cloud unactivated & offline mode
  • starting LE in fullscreen
  • restart windows
  • start from LE folder - ‘Last Epoch.exe’ with administrator mode
    My PC is with AMD 5800H & RTX 3070 GPU & RAM 32GB

I didn’t update CPU & GPU driver because someone said updating will be caused crash

I really hope you to fix this happen
thank you.

*I added my player.log & player-prev.log
Player-prev.log (46.5 KB)
Player.log (56.8 KB)

Welcome to the forum…

Your player.log is showing lots of Websocket related errors and I dont think its installed properly.

Did you “Verify Integrity of the Game files” in Steam?

Hello,

Same problem here from the Steam launcher.

Once I press “enter game” on an existing character, or when I create a new one, the game freezes.

DxDiag.txt (79.9 KB)

I cannot find my player.log, wherrver I looked for.

Is it because I no longer have a played character, as I deleted my previous one in search for a solution ?

I just saw the latest updates and I would be glad to return to it.

Thank you very much

Hey there…

You should really create your own threads in the Technical Support section as the cause of your problem could be very different from the OP.

The log files are in
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch
on windows.

Note that this is a hidden folder (Appdata) that you would have to unhide to see if you havent already done so.

The log will be there irrespective of your characters…

Please also post your le_graphicsmanager.ini file (same folder as the logs).

Please also do the game file verification process if you are using Steam.

EDIT:

Your GPU driver is from 30/09/2020 - this is too OLD and you need to update it… Do a clean driver install with something much more recent.

Also, what settings are you trying to run the game at - your 1050 ti isnt going to be able to handle more than medium quality @ 1080p - if you have set it higher, then you may have to reduce these settings - if you cannot get into the game then you need to delete the le_graphicsmanager.ini file so that the game can create a new default one on startup.

Hello again,

Sorry, I thought that as the problem was the same it would be better to just follow it up.

I already did a few filed verifications on Steam, as well as a full reinstall.

Just updated my drivers.

I do run the game in medium already, but I’m gonna give it a try.

Here is the player logs as well as the updated DxDiag.

Player.log (9.3 KB)
Player-prev.log (9.0 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (516 Bytes)

DxDiag.txt (96.7 KB)

Thank you

Ok… your logs are not showing anything like the OPs so this is most definitely a different issue…

Your log just stops without any further messages - right about the time it should have shown the character creation debug messages or loaded a new map for whatever character you selected.

It seems like its just hanging - your diagnostic section at the end of the Dxdiag file also shows that the LE executable is failing with AppHangB1 - which is essentially that the game is hanging - unfortunately this means there are no error.logs or debug messages that help figure out what is going on…

If there were anything wrong with your savegames the debug usually has messages to that effect… but there isnt anything there… Maybe the error is happening when it tries to read your saves but hangs before it can log the issue…

Your le_graphicsmanager.ini and settings look fine for your hardware… will not get the best performance but it should be playable… there is a way to make sure that this is not causing the problem…

So… hard to say exactly what could be happening, but as you have updated your GPU driver (clean install?) and done a file verification through steam, here are my suggestions:

1. Make sure not to run any other applications while testing LE - doesnt matter how irrelevant you think they are, just dont run them… this goes for graphical overlays like Steam Overlay (LE doesnt use it anyway)… temporarily disable anything/everything to see if any of them are messing with the Unity game engine that LE uses - some do…

2. Backup all your savegames and files in your Last Epoch folder - then disable Steam Cloud (if you are using it - default is on) and remove the files from the saves folder… This would then start the game without any existing chars… If it still hangs - then you know your savegames are probably ok and not the cause… If it works, then its probably something wrong with one of your saves and you would have to go through them one by one (adding them back) to see when the game fails again…

3. Graphics are sometimes known to cause odd loading issues - LE is generally unoptimised and has performance issues so this kind of thing is possible… To test, if you can get into the game - immediatley change the graphical quality settings to Very Low and disable/set to lowest all special features like shadows etc. If you cannot get into the game, then open the Le_graphicsmanager.ini file in a text editor and replace all the Medium items with Very Low. If the game loads fine and doesnt hang, then this would indicate a performance related issue and you just need to reduce your settings to prevent it happening.

4. View Reliability History on your system and see if there are any other issues that Windows is warning you about… Make sure that your Windows Update doesnt have any failed or pending updates that could be causing some kind of issue…

Unfortunately problems where the game just Hangs like this are hard to debug because there is so little info - it ends up being an exercise of trying one thing at a time to systematically try and figure out what is causing it.

Thank you for the answer.

Gonna try a few things then, let’s hope it works.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.