Cannot wait for D4 season 4

…just to see all the crybabies out of this forum.
The amount of toxic just got to me… The game does have issues, and I am always for constructive criticism, but it’s only 1 month since launch. Yeah allot of issues are still from beta, but again you can see EHG is trying to be transparent as they can. They are normal gamers like all of us who decided to create all of this and for that only they will have my patience and support.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Your own as well? Calling somone a crybaby isn’t a constructive well tought out argumentation for proofing your point.

I say it again: They made a product and took money for out. It was their choice to put themselfs out there. If they can’t take the pressure then it’s not a good thing to go out there.

8 Likes

I came from the other, to here. I see just as much “Toxic”.

In general, suggest you do the work to not let “toxic” get to you. I don’t see that situation improving… in any way, in any arena, in any form.

You can only improve your response to things. You don’t have the power to directly change other people’s response to things.

-Other people are always going to be other-people-y.

Good luck and cheers.

7 Likes

Very good, thank you :+1:

That’s what I am talking about - it got to me, now I make this post using the negative energy and not seeing it, thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Anyone playing only single broken build (bug related) and tries to go 2000 corruption, because some yt SSS god tier build video. Not willing to try anything different. Known issue, up front announcement about fixing the bugs and now “this game is dead, I want refund, you all suck… etc.” First thing I would do when/if they nerf Healing Hands is to try workaround, respec, try different class, the game (not competition) is forgiving enough.

this thread kinda reads like someone got nervous after yesterdays campfire chat.

you know, its totally fine to enjoy multiple games, right ^^?

2 Likes

I agree with everything you said except this “iT’s 1 mOnThs OuT” which is utter bs.
It’s been “out” there for years and at some point they just changed the label and added/amended some stuff.

It’s not like the game was in hidden development and now they can finally start to gather data and fix things.

2 Likes

Title of the topic is completely sarcastic

I know, that’s why I wrote this

I know the subject’s sarcasm, but I am looking forward to D4 season 4.
Blizzard will probably stuff something up, but it at least seems like EHG have put the wind up them.

3 Likes

I really do hope so as well, fingers crossed… (no sarcasm this time :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

in the end, i like to have many games that play well. So far i had my fun on LE, but for me its lacking in some aspects hence why im “only” on 150 hours play time… I will for sure play it every now and then tho, and will be happy if the game evolves nicely… Competition is great and will only benefit the players.

2 Likes

I don’t think I am alone in wishing that Diablo 4 was better at launch. I do hope they improve it and make the game more enjoyable because I am sure we would all rather Diablo 4 be excellent.

I just doubt their intentions and ability to make great improvements, so I am a bit hesitant on returning to the game without a bit more changes first.

1 Like

Looking at the Steam DB data for Last Epoch:

https://steamdb.info/app/899770/charts/#3m

Looks like the OP almost got his wish. In a little more than one month, the game lost nearly 90% of its concurrent players, steadly declining from almost 265.000 concurrent players to 28.000 ones.

And the much hyped season 4 of Diablo has not even been released yet. I wonder how much more the player numbers will fall then. And how much lower can it go before EHG gets in trouble.

I hope you’re happy now.

The new PoE league, however, has. Though the decline was gradual, looks about as gradual as PoE’s CCU numbers.

To be fair, I don’t think D4 is a bad game. I think it’s a good game (that can still improve) for what they set out to do, which is a sort of D3 2.0.
They’re still clearly targetting casual players and I believe those are, for the most part, happy with it. It’s mostly streamers/hardcore players/D2 fans that don’t like it.
I’m among those. I don’t like D4. But I don’t think it’s a bad game. It’s just not for me.

So… basically what happens to all seasonal live service games? Including D2/3/4, PoE, etc?

2 Likes

Between December 4th and January 8th, Path of Exile went from around 167.000 players to around 77.000 players - that’s a reduction of less than 50%. See for yourself.

Between November 25th and December 26th, Diablo 4 (on Steam) went from around 29.000 players to around 12.000 players - a reduction of just a bit more than 50%. Again, see for yourself.

Tell me, which are those “seasonal live service games” that see a fall of 90% concurrent players within a month? Because obviously Diablo 4 and Path of Exile are not like that.

Do you know which game had a similar drop?

Wolcen. Between release on February 16th and March 16th, that game went from 128.000 players to 11.000 players, a reduction very similar to that of Last Epoch (as you can see). Do you know what happened to Wolcen?

But hey, let’s continue hoping “to see all the crybabies out of this forum”. I’m sure that will lead to a very healthy game.

PoE is an outlier in most cases because it has a LOT of endgame activities to keep players engaged for longer.
D4 is an outlier as well for having most people playing standard rather than seasons. It would be more useful knowing the numbers for seasonal players, but Blizzard won’t ever release those numbers until they are favorable to them.
Wolcen isn’t a live service game, so it’s not applicable.

LE is a new game, it still has limited endgame, it has balance issues and other things it has to fix. So it’s reasonable to expect a more acute drop initially.
Not to mention many players that came for the hype and ended up not enjoying the game as much, which left and probably won’t return anytime soon.
Also not to mention that many of the EA players were done with content much faster.

As LE consolidates its systems and adds more endgame, you should expect to see their numbers fall more in line with the expected numbers.

That’s not to say that LE doesn’t have issues to fix or that it won’t fail yet. But it’s far from dead on arrival.

Sure. So saying this…

…Doesn’t make sense. As you have said yourself, you are comparing Last Epoch to “outliers”.

I was just mentioning that all seasonal live service games have a huge drop after a month. I wasn’t comparing actual numbers, so my point stands.

Seasonal live service games all have a huge drop after a month.
PoE and D4 have a less accentuated drop due to characteristics inherent to both games.
LE had a bigger drop due to being a new game, with little endgame content and poor balance.

There’s nothing contradictory in these statements. Nor are they indicative of the game’s future so far.

1 Like