Can COF prophecy reward drop boss specific uniques?

I am currently farming Stormcarved Testament relic which drops from Lagon.

If I got a prophecy which requires to kill a boss and rewards a unique relic, will it have a chance to drop the Stormcarved Testament if I kill Lagon?

2 Likes

id also like to add: Can boss specific items come from using the rune of ascension?

Nope, both prophecies and runes can only yield “random drop” uniques.

4 Likes

Awww, this farm is getting old very quickly.

2 Likes

Yes and this is the problem with temporary leagues. They need to significantly up the drop rate. People aren’t going to keep farming for upgrades the longer the league goes. Drop rates were fine for their 98732873 year beta, but not for a 4 month league.

3 Likes

But how is this fair? Merchant guild allows you to buy boss drops from the market. Why can’t you focus drops from bosses with prophecies?

2 Likes

It’s fair, because we were never promised better odds at boss-specific drops.

So it’s fair that a character that never even saw the boss, to get loot +2-3 LP from it

It’s fair. If You want take easy path with MG, if not choose COF.
For me the problem is no separate ladders, and not enough info that in MG it will be easy to gear:) - or naive thinking that RNG and market laws can be balanced.

no its not fair, what you said is exactly the point of CoF - we are supposed to have better odds of drops, because we can’t just go and click on item we want. You don’t need better odds, because you have all other players and bots at your disposal.

4 Likes

yeah being able to have prophecies related to targeted boss drops needs to be implemented, my build uses 3 targeted uniques and 1 general, its bullshit you cant target farm them when you can easily buy them on Market

agree should just make targetted boss drops not sellable

1 Like

CoF DOES have better odds of drops. Just not better odds of getting specific gear. I have barely bought anything yet at the bazaar and I can assure you that your drops as CoF were much better than mine.

Some people seem to think that CoF is the same thing as MG in terms of getting gear. It isn’t. It’s just a system so that players that don’t want to trade aren’t completely screwed up like they are in PoE.

1 Like

Nope. The factions are supposed to be equal, just one for single player and other for multiplayer. If CoF cannot get boss specific items from prophecies, why should MG be able to just buy? MG should be able to only buy random drops, the same way CoF only gets random drops, for it to be fair and equal. Go play the game to get stuff.

3 Likes

First off, CoF isn’t for single player. You can use it in multiplayer, you can party with your friends (whether they are CoF or MG), etc.
Second, CoF will NEVER be equal to MG.
You can add boss specific prophecies to CoF, MG WILL STILL BE BETTER.
You can add affix specific prophecies to CoF, MG WILL STILL BE BETTER.
They are 2 opposing systems with different mechanics and playstyles that target different types of player. THEY WILL NEVER BE EQUAL.
The only way CoF will ever be equal is if they get prophecies for items to drop from the MG Bazaar.

CoF is in the game only because if they released only trade with nothing else, players that don’t like to trade would complain and whine about not having good enough drops. So they made CoF so those players wouldn’t whine. Sadly, they whine about something else. In hindsight, that was to be expected, really.

2 Likes

Your arrogance and stupidity is skycalling. Devs themselves said they want the factions to be as equal as possible. What you dont realize is the OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER people exists. A lot of them. Even more now after the servers fiasko and bots infestation. For offline, there is only CoF. The manner of getting items is different, but the end outcome is supposed to be same. So either prophecies need to drop boss specific items, or MG need to lose ability to purchase boss specific items. And I really hope that devs will do this change for season 2.

What I’m saying is that they can never be equal because CoF is based on RNG and MG is deterministic. You can never make them equal. All the devs can do is make CoF feel better for you to gear up, but it will never be equal to MG. You will never make a system where CoF can compete with MG simply going to the stall and buying all exalted gear in 5 minutes. I’m not even talking about uniques. Just plain exalted gear that is almost BiS for that build.

All the devs can do is make non-trade players not feel as bad, which is basically what CoF is. But it will never be equal.

EDIT: I just want to clarify that I’m not against CoF having boss-specific drops. I find it weird that CoF doesn’t influence them, tbh. I think it’s better to make CoF influence boss drops than removing them from MG, but I’d be fine with that as well. My whole point was just that they can never be equal.

So I start grinding gold till I reach some mark and buy it? Booooooring… well, for me. It is not a choice between better vs worse, it is matter of picking faction which you find more fun to play.

1 Like

No they don’t. This is the price of playing Cycle. You are not going to be swimming in chase uniques with 3LP because there simply won’t be that many of them dropping in 3 months and demand is high. That’s part of the challenge and the leader board. If you want that, you play legacy and farm long term. It’s the reason many of us actually play legacy.

Absolutely. Someone had to kill the boss and get that drop. And they had the same odds as any CoF player has. Whether they keep it or sell it is irrelevant to this discussion. If I buy a boss drop, the person who actually dropped it doesn’t have it any more.

Bingo. Totally correct.

Where was that ever said. The factions were never meant to be equal, nor could they ever be equal and nor should they even be equal. They are for 2 different gearing styles, that is all.

ARPGs thrive on trading. MG is the default faction and brings all the power of trading. POWER being the operative word. There is no reason whatsoever to join CoF other than one or more of the following:

You play offline
You are SSF
You hate trading

Outside of that, you should pick MG. This really is a no-brainer. Trading is a natural way to get loot in any ARPG that has multiplayer. EHG have simply devised a nice way of compensating players that cannot trade or don’t want to. You should be thankful CoF exists if you are that guy. But thinking it could ever be equal is ludicrous.

For one thing, if the factions were legit equal,. everyone would obviously join CoF and stay there because MG costs a FORTUNE in gold to be properly interacted with, while CoF just needs you to play the game and costs no gold. THAT would be unfair. And trading in this game would be absolutely dead.

1 Like

wow, wth, i converted an alt to MG, and lost all favor on my main?! 120k+ ?
they have nothing in common …
they favor was very diferent quantitys …