Buying prophecies sometimes buys the wrong prophecy

Same here, bought a prophecy with unique rings as reward, and got a prophecy with set rings as reward. Next time I’ll record the screen when I’ll buy prophecies.

1 Like

I can confirm this does not cause the bug. I got the wrong Prophecy when selecting a very basic campaign one I had access to (The Alchemist - Diamond Matron kills).

I didn’t even know you could click N S E W to change item types, so that definitely doesn’t cause the bug. I’ve purchased from Idols, and from Armors, both without and with a lens. Both bugged.

I’m 0 for 2 so far. Does it give y’all the wrong thing every time, or just occasionally?

1 Like

Still a problem. My new character just wasted almost 10,000 favor on useless prophecies. Instead of the newby friendly ones I picked, I got tier 3 and tier 4 dungeons (with a ‘no dungeon’ lenses in every telescope no less) and a 220 corruption monolith boss. Almost all the favor I built up over playing through the campaign spent on stuff that’s going to be useless for a long while.

2 Likes

I did some analysis and I have 2 theories. Possibly circumstantial but after the 1st two Prophecies bugged out, 4 in a row have now worked.

Theory 1: Only the Mesembria Telescope (jewelry) is functioning properly. It’s the 1st telescope encountered, situated between stash and waypoint. Likely the one used by 99% of players. Use only this telescope, and rotate it to whichever item type you want.

Theory 2: One of the checkbox options causes the bug. My results:

• 0/2 with On/Off. On for Always show reward icons, Off for Disable confirmation windows
  • 4/4 success with Off/On, the opposite.

Try things out and let us know how it goes!

Late edit: Sadly I’ve debunked both theories. 0/2, then 9/9 worked, but 0/1 now. Got the bug again and don’t know why. Only pattern is I’d bought Jewelry 5 times in a row and just now switched to Idols, but probably coincidence. Edit2: hmm actually I might have absent-mindedly walked to the Idol telescope instead of stick to the Accessory one. Theory 1 may still be possible.

1 Like

This happened to me twice already.

1 Like

I just ran into this bug.
First I ran into the failure to purchase bug.
So I found another prophecy to purchase. Purchased it, and noticed that more favor was spent than I expected. Checked prophecies and it turns out I received a different one than I had purchased - one I did not want at all.

2 Likes

Yep, still a thing. I just unlocked the Circle of Fortune. Bought my first prophecy, turned into a completely different one. Thought I was too stupid to buy correctly or prophecys had a weird mechanic, where they would sometimes change, because, you know, divination is not an exact science.
Googled, found out it is a bug.
Second time around, double checked I clicked the right things, still turned into something completely different. So 0/2 so far for prophecys :frowning:

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. My very first prophecy ever too :frowning:

EDIT: I have been trying to use only the accessory telescope and use the W/E/N/S buttons on screen to cycle through the rest telescopes, as someone else mentioned, and i haven’t had this happen again. Not sure if its 100% ok like this but it has worked for me

Same here two time in a raw bought a prophecie, and yep not given the one I choose… Completly broken mechanics… fix your game please, and I like to stop to be the invisible drood also .

This just happened to me with my first prophecy purchase for the quest for joining the faction.

Was very confused!

I’ve also had this issue. First prophecy I bought didn’t even show up. The second one was completely different from the one I chose.

How is this ginormous bug still not fixed 2 weeks into release?
Bug severity/prioritization needs to be a thing!

1 Like

Just happened to me on my very first prophecy. Bought one for 2 unique helms and got one for an exalted armour in monolith, which I can’t even access yet.

glad im not the only one. This should really be high on the priority list to fix. so much wasted favour.

Currently 0/4. Frustrating to say the least.

1 Like

This bug is still ongoing. I just reached endgame and started using prophecies and only 2/7 actually gave me what I purchased. I understand if it was just failed and gave me the points back, but to give me a random task that is not even useful for my class or build makes it a waste of time to do until it’s fixed.

Dumbfounded this core system remains broken 4 weeks into release! Maybe they are stuck in an Early Access mindset?

Dreams I had that LE might compete for top ARPG sadly evaporated. :cry:

1 Like

I just had this happen to me. I chose an exalted wand prophecy for campaign and somehow have a unique mace prophecy for soulfire that i dont want.

it happened again. i chose a refinement rune prophecy but got a large idol one instead.

https://imgur.com/a/SHcSgzE

chat even shows that i chose the refinement one.

1 Like

+1 happened to me several times

I pick 2x Unique Swords, it gives me 2x Unique Staves instead.

I pick Set Rings, it gives me Unique Rings.

The prophecy system seems fundamentally broken. I am basically unable to use it as it has happened 4/5 times I have tried and it has just wasted favour.