Buy and Download the game

Thankfully even here in deepest darkest africa, we have not had to deal with that kind of speed limitations for a long time now. The State Telco monopoly (which provided those kinds of speeds) was broken by private Fibre companies (usually in cahoots with the big cellular networks) and now everyone has either fibre or highspeed cellular and people laugh at you if you say you have anything else.

I sympathise with your plight. I have been there and dont ever want to go back.

Dont worry about it. Cost centres are always left out of the big picture. Generalisation I know and while I never understood the approach to having crap CS, I do understand why companies they do it over and over again - it just costs too much in the books so they take a chance. But hey, I wouldnt want to do it again… done that penance.

Prestige. Bragging rights among other companies.
And… how should I call it in English… kickback should be the right word.
The department which is at loss already (and is expected to ALWAYS be at loss) is an infinite source of ‘budget optimizations’ done with declared best intents.
Because budget won’t spend itself, you know.
And if the budget is underspent this season - it’ll totally be cut next time!

The real problem is, Customer Support as a whole is completely and utterly redundant.
I wrote a small essay on that topic, with justification of this unconventional point of view. In Russian - but Google Translate does its job fine. (Almost) no numbers, all common sense. It doesn’t even need numbers, IMHO.

Given the backlash I got on whole Gamedev Tombstones series, it’s unlikely that I’ll ever translate (or continue writing) it - but if you need some inspiration on that topic, it might be just the stuff…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.