Boring and problematic end-game

Not according to D4 players, since they thought it was terrible to do altars/reknown more than once, which is something I’ve never really understood, since you can finish all your altars in a few hours once you get the horse. :man_shrugging:

You don’t actually skip the chores, though, they’re just much easier. You still have to do campaign/dungeon skips and passives/idols quests. And in much the same way, twink hear makes low corruption monoliths easier.

That’s not to say that low corruption monos don’t need a revamp. They do. Even as an altoholic that doesn’t mind doing the campaign several times, I find that normal monos are the most boring part of the leveling process.

Similar to you I have alts in the same class. In D3 I have 5 fully geared Witch Doctors. In LE though something feels off. I don’t like the monoliths. They seem like a poor mans Greater Rifts system where the echos are the rift, and corruption scaling is your GRift level. Only I don’t like choosing echos on a grid. I would enjoy it better if I had the option to just have the game choose a path for me or just send me through randomized echos. I just want to jump in and smash stuff. Perhaps just show the entire island chain, then you can just pick an end point and it takes you through echo to echo?

Also, when I play in a group, if my friend is picking the echo and it has a Unique item as it’s reward, when I get out I get a choice of something like shards or gold. It’s not the same reward so it makes me want to just do echos by myself.

That would be a very welcome change. The blessings are actually what pushed me over the edge last week to take a break. I had a longer than normal amount of time to play last week so I thought I’d work on Empowered Blessings. I needed 3, and after 4-5 hours got none of them. When I opened the monolith and saw 0 stability, I just couldn’t do it again. I just thought man, if I can’t even get a blessing, which is guaranteed to list 4/5 choices after a monolith boss, I don’t have a prayer regarding gear. Then I stopped. Some of the dev streams give me hope though so I still follow the game.

You can actually skip whole acts on your second character. You could do that on your first character in theory but in reality, you don’t have the keys and gear on your first toon to do it. Skipping acts through dungeons is there for alts in my eyes and they could do something like that for monoliths as well. Kill a T4 boss to jump to 3-400 corruption or something like that.

1 Like

Honestly, I’d rather they just unlock empowered account-wide. If your second character can handle it it can immediately start on them, or they can jump on the regular ones until it can. We already have the choice to run either of them anyway after unlock.

And, as I mentioned, this is coming from an altoholic that never had a problem doing campaign in PoE dozens of times, or doing LE campaign dozens of times as well. I actually like doing that, but doing normal monos yet again feels boring to me, so that’s saying something.